Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: All I want for Christmas is a solid, reliable ESC & motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Losi should be coming out with a new ESC pretty soon. There Xcelorin Crawler series are no longer being made. Whats that tell ya. { Something new is on it's way}
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
jwr
Pebble Pounder

Hey folks, I started this thread just over a month ago out of frustration when my brand new Goat 3S and 21.5T motor when up in a puff of smoke--the first time they were plugged in.

I was so frustrated I didn't want to touch the thing again and went out and bought a Tekin brushed setup and have been having a blast with it with absolutely no issues.

A couple of weeks ago I finally boxed the Goat and motor up, filled out a warranty service request form and sent them off. I wasn't hopeful. I explained on the form that to the best of my knowledge I had everything connected properly when it blew but that I couldn't be totally sure it wasn't my fault. The last thing I wanted to do was try to screw them over for something I did but I really do believe I had it setup right.

Anyway I sent them off and forgot about it. Then a few days ago I got a tracking number from them. No information on if they charged me or what the problem was--just a tracking number. So I was thrilled yesterday to receive a "remanufactured" ESC, BEC, motor, and cap--FREE of charge! They look brand new other than the motor being soldered up to the ESC already so they could test it before shipping.

I just wanted to post this because in my one and only dealing with Novak Customer Support they did very well in my book. I obviously don't have any long-term data but they've certainly earned their spot back on my "companies I will buy from in the future" list.

Jerry
jwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Nice to see that my Losi Excelorin 21.5 system is obsolete... That is embarassing, I really wish now I never bought it, and got the Tekin system instead, especially after the first excelorin lit on fire... I wonder if Losi will replace the POS system with the new stuff when this one burns my rig down.
Ryan
cliffdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #24

i thought brushed set up were not very good for lcc.
jetrod7024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #25

i had a integy prospeed 440 watt esc with a 1100kv motor un sensored .i had no luck with it .it would just cog up(if thats the expression)running 2s only did not try 3s
jetrod7024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #26
jwr
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrod7024 View Post
i thought brushed set up were not very good for lcc.
A lot of these other guys obviously know a heck of a lot more about brushed versus brushless than I do, and I'm not competing.

I've put 20-25 3S packs through mine so far with a Tekin FX-R and a (non-pro) Tekin 35T brushed motor with 13t pinion. I'm very happy with it. I can't jump gaps like some of the more powerful brushless setups can and I know the brushed motors require a lot more maintenance, but for what I'm doing it works great. I have plenty of torque and especially with the HD worms nothing gets very hot. I get about 20 minutes out of the 1350ma 3S 30C pack. I heard a lot about burning a brushed motor up if you run it for more than 10 minutes at 3S but that hasn't been my experience.

I also tested a cheap Integy 35T in it and that seems to work just as well and at $20 a pop it's not so painful if/when they go up in smoke.

But these other guys have been running these things a long time and competing as well so the info they're giving you about brushed setups rightly carries a lot more weight than my very limited experience.

Last edited by jwr; 03-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.
jwr is offline   Reply With Quote