Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I've been using the metal gears for about a year now and I haven't lubed them at all. They do fine just like they are, I haven't had any trouble with them binding or wearing the gears. When you leave them dry no dirt sticks to them.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
Defy Gravity

i guess i stand corrected on that, always heard that you're supposed to grease metal.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #23
MODERATOR™

Back in my Axial days I stopped greasing the ring and pinion gears in the axles. I'd run them clean and without any lube at all. They don't last as long, to put it simply.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I'm not saying my way is the only way. I've just never used lube on my metal trans gears and I've had zero problems and zero wear. They stay nice and clean that way. I run my lnc harder than I probly should so I inspect all my parts after every run. I have yet to see any wear on my metal gears. I don't see gunking up my gears if I don't have to. Oh and i run a 18.5 brushless on 3s
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
alright thanks.... i wish I could quieten this hairdryer down..... are LCC's as loud?
I've got both trucks and my LCC is a whole lot quieter than the LNC is, I figure it's got to be in the trans somewhere.

Last edited by BJoe; 03-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #26

so if it was sealed, would you use lube
jetrod7024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #27

I'm 99% sure the noise comes from the LNC driveshafts, where the dogbones go into the drive cups/trans outdrives. It's not the motor and the worms themselves are nearly silent.

The noise did not bother me for about the first year, but not too long ago I built a honcho kit and got used to how quiet that is. I just got done running my LNC for the first time in a while and holy shit that thing is noisy compared to the scx10, and i just greased it!

I considered getting CCR driveshafts, but now I need to keep the skinny LNC shafts to clear the bent links. But your right, it soulds like a supercharger...
adam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

well, I quietened mine down a little.... the damn gear mesh was tight...way too tight
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I run the Hot Racing transmission gears on my LNC and let's just say it's pretty dang loud. It didn't get the nickname "The Tractor" for nothing.

I've been running it for several months with the Hot Racing gears and I've never greased or lubed them in any way. No wear issues with the gears and everything is very smooth when it's running. The truck is just noisy.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote