Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: battery/servo tray for lnc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #1

Default battery/servo tray for lnc

Hi i was wondering if anyone has seen or made a battery/servo tray for the lnc.i would greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction, thanks. this is my first thread so plz excuse any newb mistakes i make. im also fairly new to crawling.
RJM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

are you talking about like an ax-10 offset servo plate, that moves the servo to one side and allows you to put the battery up on the front axle. or are you talking about a servo mount and battery tray that would be in the stock centered location, but would have the battery hanging off the backside of the axle. the first one, i know highlandcrawler is running one that he made on his. the second style, cdw makes a bolt on piece, and many (like myself) make their own.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

if you dont wanna make a tray over the axle you can still cut out a lexan sheet and mount it on the front upper links cut it out to shape and ziptie it. the i use velcro to secure the batt. The servo trays are a little more complex though.
Jenkins88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I sudjest reading every thread under losi CC / NC. All sorts of tricks & ideas. I bought the srevo / batt kit from rob b. Here is alink to his thread .
Awsome set-up! I cant say enough good things about it. Also look into RcBro's stuff. Another great guy to deal with!!!!!
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #5

thanks for the help im using a massive Nihm batt so it wont fit on the upper links and i wod like one like the ax10. Im only 15 and i dont have the money to go lipo or brushless though id love to. thanks again
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Defy Gravity

even if you made a new servo plate, i don't think you'd be able to lay the battery next to it, unless its a smaller mini size battery. i made an aluminum one that did the same as i'm running now, but would fit the nimh battery. problem was that it ran into the chassis pretty bad. the best way i found to relocate the battery low was to re-arrange the electronics, and run the battery on the rear axle. had to throw quite a bit of weight in the front tires to get something that didn't make the rear end try to pass the front on descent.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #7

i might try that. thanks for the help