Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Alex's Lomo aka Darth Vader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrokin00XJ View Post
That's the nice thing about doing your OWN VID..... You put whatever music you Damn well please..... Go get your Bon Jovi cassettes and make your own vid.
I couldn't have said it better
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's the nice thing about doing your OWN VID..... You put whatever music you Damn well please..... Go get your Bon Jovi cassettes and make your own vid.

Hey redrockin,have you ever listened Bon Jovi singing in Spanish??? Would you wish I make a video with a Spanish version of Bon Jovi’s songs??? I’m sure you’d really enjoy it too much, oh could you please send me some cassettes, here they are not more available
Anyway, Alex your video was good, next time just let me to listen the noises of your Losi, so I can compare it with mine and check it’s running good!!!
El Vasco
EL VASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #103
Gold Star Baby!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post
Hey redrockin,have you ever listened Bon Jovi singing in Spanish??? Would you wish I make a video with a Spanish version of Bon Jovi’s songs??? I’m sure you’d really enjoy it too much, oh could you please send me some cassettes, here they are not more available
Anyway, Alex your video was good, next time just let me to listen the noises of your Losi, so I can compare it with mine and check it’s running good!!!
El Vasco

I can clearly see that where you're from that they spend their educational money wisely, for one.... It's redrokin, two..... Your fragmented sentences are very sad excuse for even a 9 year old, let alone you..... Like I stated before.... It's his vid and he can play whatever the hell he wants to play. As for your cassettes go.... I'm just surprised you've heard of Bon Jovi.... And thirdly... Why would I wish to listen to him in Spanish when the English version is much better.

Now run along little one, go play with your walmart special RC toy........ Grown ups are talking.

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 11-21-2011 at 08:58 PM.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I can clearly see that where you're from that they spend their educational money wisely, for one.... It's redrokin, two..... Your fragmented sentences are very sad excuse for even a 9 year old, let alone you..... Like I stated before.... It's his vid and he can play whatever the hell he wants to play. As for your cassettes go.... I'm just surprised you've heard of Bon Jovi.... And thirdly... Why would I wish to listen to him in Spanish when the English version is much better.

Now run along little one, go play with your walmart special RC toy........ Grown ups are talking.
I read it before you did your edit, nice catch .
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #105
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySwan View Post
I read it before you did your edit, nice catch .
Never was one to do too much proof reading.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Well received my brass cylinder, 50x70mm for allmost 30bucks.

Here's what I'll like to come with

This will weight approx 130g, I dont feel like it's enough but I will wait for dlux wheel to check if I can increase the size a bit.
What you think?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Or this one wich should weight approx 150g.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Looking good

I´d wait for the wheels to decide the design.
annedecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

After a bit of tinkering I guess that I'll go with the 1st version with another weight like the felsenfest one on top of it.

I went out today to test my rover, I'm very pleased with these tires and the truck felt really good today. Till the breakage

The truck landed just right on one front wheel.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by annedecke View Post
I´d wait for the wheels to decide the design.
Yes I agree,I need those wheel to see If I can increase or reduce it a bit, wheel are on their way
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Which way? To germany ;) ?
annedecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

not trying to be critical but i'm curious why the desire to tweak the caster so much? I mean are you honestly going to tune it at the comp just before a run? Seems like more caster is nice to help you reach out and grab a ledge when you turn your wheel (and it is, i have the 20 degree C's also and have enjoyed that), but what's the advantage of adding more or taking away caster?

Just asking because you have the 20 degree C's already (if you were going to adjust caster, stick with stock and save the money IMHO), so please enlighten me on the need to adjust it so much.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by annedecke View Post
Which way? To germany ;) ?
Lol as long as Erik put the right adress you have no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
not trying to be critical but i'm curious why the desire to tweak the caster so much? I mean are you honestly going to tune it at the comp just before a run? Seems like more caster is nice to help you reach out and grab a ledge when you turn your wheel (and it is, i have the 20 degree C's also and have enjoyed that), but what's the advantage of adding more or taking away caster?

Just asking because you have the 20 degree C's already (if you were going to adjust caster, stick with stock and save the money IMHO), so please enlighten me on the need to adjust it so much.

I like the feeling that the 20* C hub give but for me it's more a matter of clocking the axles without taking caster away. The upper link hit the servo plate, If you look in my thread you'll see that I'm running my steering servo pretty low and then the upper link hit the servo plate. To fix it you need to clock your axle a bit more forward but without the Dlux caster block that will take caster away. Plus they let me run my steering link higher.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #114
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
not trying to be critical but i'm curious why the desire to tweak the caster so much?
Its all about options.

Personally, I like closer to 30* so these help that. If you have the caster blocks, you can try 30*, if you dont like it, move it to 20* or in between if you like.

Another thing is you can run the steering at 20* or whatever degree you want and you can clock the pinion/steering tie rods to whatever you want. I wish I would have had this to do a BTA steering since it seemed like everything was just barely in the way all the time.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #115
Gold Star Baby!

Erik.... I wanted to say thanks bro for letting me pick up the knuckle weights...And again for hookin me up with that Futaba radio, I was talking with Mike at WVC Hobby and there's a Comp on the 10th at Little Moab. I plan runnin my LCC.... I'm sure i'll get worked, but ya gotta start somewhere hu?.... I'm really curious on how my rigs going to do going up against all those MOA's. I really don't expect a whole hell of alot considering it'll be my first COMP!.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #116
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Erik.... I wanted to say thanks bro for letting me pick up the knuckle weights...And again for hookin me up with that Futaba radio, I was talking with Mike at WVC Hobby and there's a Comp on the 10th at Little Moab. I plan runnin my LCC.... I'm sure i'll get worked, but ya gotta start somewhere hu?.... I'm really curious on how my rigs going to do going up against all those MOA's. I really don't expect a whole hell of alot considering it'll be my first COMP!.
Just show up to have fun and you will. Expect to win and you may be let down. LOL. Its a bunch of pretty good drivers out there.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #117
Wanna get? Gotta want.

V2 is in the mail . This will be the standard from now on.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

These look bulletproof, great job
Old 11-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

I went back to front straight lower link, I feel like these hired more the overall performance of the truck.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
After a bit of tinkering I guess that I'll go with the 1st version with another weight like the felsenfest one on top of it.

I went out today to test my rover, I'm very pleased with these tires and the truck felt really good today. Till the breakage

The truck landed just right on one front wheel.
Do you run screws top and bottom also? I see mine forming a white line across the screw holes but was hoping the ones top and bottom will keep it together?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote