Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: C4 LNC Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the tips. as for the shaft angles they are pretty extreme but I have not been able to test it as the rear shaft is now at the point where it only sits half way in. I need to find a way to angle the axle a bit or find longer shafts to keep the shaft in place.

I do need to brace the shock mounts as they do tend to twist as does the whole chassis with my coat hanger braces in place. I have extra link material i can make the braces from.

Any reason not to do bend links on the front end as well?

Thanks again
-BIGMAXX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
Defy Gravity

i don't see a reason not to, i ran bent front and rear on the stock chassis no problem at all. you'll notice now that your fronts will take a lot of beating, taking the brunt of the impact on doing break overs. and those lnc lowers will start flexing BAD the more you run it, i could bend mine to the point the eye to eye on the ends was only about 2 inches. keep the uppers though, they're about bomb proof....good plastic molded around a steel core, kept em as long as i could.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 12-11-2011 at 01:19 PM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I am currently looking for info on limiting my shock travel which will also bring the axle angle back in line a bit and solve my shaft issues. Any body got a link to how to place a block inside the shock or another way to do this.
-BIGMAXX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #24
Defy Gravity

gotta take the shock apart a lot of the way to do this, or take the rod end off and use a lot of lube to make sure it doesn't eat the o-rings. as far as limiter, most use nitro fuel line, i use some stuff i found that is used on an old planter....works good. at least on the lnc shocks, there's a couple e-clips holding the piston on the shaft, pop those off, put tubing on, pop back on. not sure about your new shocks, may be different.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

If you still have a problem with the LNC shafts being too short, The LCC shafts will fix this. They are telescoping and longer than the LNC.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote