Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: will these links work for my LNC???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default will these links work for my LNC???

I've been wanting a set of bent rear links for a while now and just noticed these on Ebay. I hope they will work and not require clocking of the axle or any other mods that will cost.
So what do you think?

iNTEGY Chassis Linkage 169mm (4) - AX10 & 2.2 Crawler | eBay
-BIGMAXX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you are looking to build a super they might be okay. 169mm seems a little long considering that is almost twice the length of the stockers at about 84mm
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Okay maybe I'm measuring wrong but from hole to hole my lower links are right about 5". Now convert that by multipling by 25.4 equals 127mm. plus add some extra length for the bent part and I should be closer to 150mm or so, right.
So these will be too long but something in the 80mm range will be way too short.....right?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Does it say that is the ETE measurement in the add? Most of the time the length they give is the length of the tube not including the ends. I would also assume that the bend is already figured into the final measurement.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

You may be right there, I didn't take into consideration the size of the ends.
I have some links that Ive been sitting on for years from another build and never used, they are way long but I guess I can trim them down, just never had much luck tapping threads.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

If I did choose to lengthen the WB are there longer drive shafts available or from anoher vehicle? I'm not worried about comp rules, I'll never compete anyway.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BIGMAXX- View Post
If I did choose to lengthen the WB are there longer drive shafts available or from anoher vehicle? I'm not worried about comp rules, I'll never compete anyway.
Depends how long you are thinking of going with the stretch. The stock shafts on a LNC really cant be stretched at all because of the dogbone style output on the transmission.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I believe a longer wb on this rig would cause way too much belly draggin'. Especially with wanting to keep it at a lower stance to avoid losing the good COG i have now.
Is it not recomended to bend the upper links to allow bent lower links more room. I plan on angling the lowers outward in hopes to clear the upper but may need to modify a bit. Would it be better to bend the upper in or up or to just relocate them higher like on a pedestal above the axle?

By the way, I want to thank everyone on here for putting up with my noob questions and not banishing me for stupidity
Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Those links will be WAY TOO LONG you will run into driveline, upper link, and shock issues, run 110mm length, also i would suggest getting some delrin plastic links, verystrong and will slide over the rocks keep your wheelbase no more than 12.5" here is a completly stock night crawler doin work: Cody & The Night Crawler "climax canyon pt1" - YouTube
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
I believe a longer wb on this rig would cause way too much belly draggin'. Especially with wanting to keep it at a lower stance to avoid losing the good COG i have now.
Is it not recomended to bend the upper links to allow bent lower links more room. I plan on angling the lowers outward in hopes to clear the upper but may need to modify a bit. Would it be better to bend the upper in or up or to just relocate them higher like on a pedestal above the axle?

By the way, I want to thank everyone on here for putting up with my noob questions and not banishing me for stupidity
I was tinkering with my rear link set-up last night and I raised the upper link mount and spaced it by about an 1/4in and I clear my bent links even better than before. Go look at my pics and you'll what I'm refuring too. I used my old shock ball for spacers.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

The idea of those links has been scrapped. I am bending my own tomorrow, just gotta go get a bender and a tap. Ill update my build thread with pics.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
The idea of those links has been scrapped. I am bending my own tomorrow, just gotta go get a bender and a tap. Ill update my build thread with pics.
That's how I did it. The only way to go.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
Defy Gravity

yup, making your own is the way to do it, also allows you to upgrade to revo ends (beefy) if you so desire. i used to have a piece of paper around here with the lengths for a stock chassis....looks like it got dumped. as far as material, what are you thinking bigmaxx? a good place to start off building your own links is the sleeved all-thread method, just a nice simple strong link. i like my delrin links a bit more, but the sleeved ones did just fine. if you have a drill press or mill, take the time to make a drill jig. i drill the larger hole first, then without moving the workpiece, i drill the small hole. have a whole steel block made up with different sizes. and, my link building secret is steel wire, instead of getting mired up in the math, i just cut and bend a piece of steel wire to the profile i want, then straighten one out, measure, then use the other for the bend profile. used that for a lot of rebuilds so far, never had an issue.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I have some 7" links here that Ill modify to get it done.
These...

Anyone know what kind of ends these are? The rod is hollow so tapping should be a breeze if I need to shorten them.
I was going to sell these links, but fugured I'd just use them.
Unless someone wants them bad enough, toss me a price, but come 10am tomorrow they will not look the same...hahaha
Old 11-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

didn't make much preogress today, i was doing other things. This is what I am going to run with and shorten if needed.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well shortening and bending are done but they won't mount using these rod ends, there is no room for the ends to swivel so I had to go buy some revo ends.
I ended up with roughly a 40-42* arch on these so Ill see how they interact with the upper links, I may have to move the uppers to a higher location on the axle.
I should have them together and on tomorrow after work and will update my build thread ( C4 LNC Build ) once that is completed.