Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: which dig servo for LCC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default which dig servo for LCC?

took my crawler out recently, and yet another dig servo is starting to crap out on me...I do have the end points set correctly...

previous dig servo was the hitec 85, and there's a hobbico 85 in there now...rear dig works fine, but when I switch to the front, theres a bad whirring/grinding type of noise...anyone running another brand servo? maybe a cheap off-brand one that fits the stock horn?

any recommendations appreciated...
nosyajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: which dig servo for LCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyajg View Post
took my crawler out recently, and yet another dig servo is starting to crap out on me...I do have the end points set correctly...

previous dig servo was the hitec 85, and there's a hobbico 85 in there now...rear dig works fine, but when I switch to the front, theres a bad whirring/grinding type of noise...anyone running another brand servo? maybe a cheap off-brand one that fits the stock horn?

any recommendations appreciated...
I have had great success with the Losi MSX12 Digital Mini Servo. The original one that I put in there when it came out of the box is still going strong after years of service. But I was very anal about setting it up.

First, I would remove the servo horn and manually verify that the dig is working properly. Push the dig horn forward and see if the dig engages, then the same in the other direction. If everything operates correctly with little pressure, then something is up with the EPAs (or servo). If it is difficult to operate the dig manually, I would take the tranny apart and see if everything is working properly. The dig forks will get slop over time, as well as the dig plates will wear. Also a good time to look at bearings and such, since there will be remains of the dig plate wear all over everything in there.

I know you have the endpoints set correctly, but the way I set up the EPA for the dig servo. Leave the mounts to the tranny a little loose. It has elongated holes so there is a little movement forward and back. Turn your epa's all the way to 0 travel and make sure the 3rd ch is centered. Make sure the servo is not buzzing (as under load) when on and tighten the mounts to the tranny housing down. Hope that makes sense.

The amount of travel that the servo needs to go is so small. With the EPA set at 0 slowly increase slowly it until it clicks into its dig position. Do the same process to set travel the other way also.

My guess is that the dig plates are worn out.

Hope it helps.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the advice! I did start the epa at 0. Will check the dig plates as well...time to search for a losi servo...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
nosyajg is offline   Reply With Quote

which dig servo for LCC? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCC Dig servo burning up teampurpleracn Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 12-27-2010 08:38 AM
DIG servo problems on my LCC! crawlercop Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 02-22-2010 11:09 PM
LCC dig servo ? barebones Team Losi Comp Crawler 19 11-05-2009 03:25 PM