Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Something Wicked....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 04:19 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Something Wicked....

I didn't get any pics of that 90sec run, but there were more than a few witnesses! Lol

One of my buddy / competitors took the remote and drove it for a while. He just walked away smiling and shaking his head! Lol

He could set the rig down, any direction or location, hands OFF the steering, and simply drive whatever line was in front of it with the throttle only! I'll try to get some video of that when the weather warms up!

The only video I got was from two weeks ago at a park near my house. Everything was frozen! Foams, shock oil, fingers! Was 15° out.

It struggled a little in those conditions, but still pulled off a vertical climb never done by any scaler (without a winch) in the 7 years that we've been trailing at this spot.

Crap, for some reason, I can't copy the video link on my phone. I'll post it up this afternoon after work....
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2016, 06:25 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I got to witness the pure insanity that is this rig. Unfortunately (for everyone else) he's not blowing smoke or exaggerating. The lines this thing pulls with ease are completely mind blowing.
I wouldn't hesitate to compare this to the pyramids of Egypt, it's definitely 1 of a kinda. "Thumbsup"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
baconbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
The spy shot was at the Keystone Comp in Franklin, PA
I was just playing around.

I will.tell you this though. That day, I took 1st place in C3 with my white blazer (Blair Witch). There was an 8 minute time limit per course (3 courses). The one course that gave me the most trouble, I finished in roughly 6 minutes and 50 seconds.

After C3 was over, I ran this new truck on that same course. 90 seconds! Clean! I swear to you that's not a typo!

This rigs performance has been incredible.

But, it REALLY pushes some boundaries. I'm not gonna deny that. So much that I havnt fully committed to competing with it.
Its legal. Per the rules as written. I've asked several close competitors to disect it and make it ILLEGAL. They can't...

But is it right? I don't quite know yet. I'm waiting to see what my competition brings to the table this year.

wow well i'm only 20 min away just south of canton heated indoor course if you ever need to test :-) and my course is getting more and more challenging just brought in a 7x14 dump trailer load of boulders to add to it as well lol will be watching and learning awsome right up suspence drama lol
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Cool! Someday I'll have to stop by!

South of Canton is a little further than 20 min for me though. I think it's 45min to A.C. Airport from my place.

Are you off 77S?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:54 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
At -37 RTR for C3, its at 4.3lbs
I'm still waiting on a few custom parts from one of my sponsors. Those could potentially push this rig around 3.9lbs
However, I doubt I'll run it that low. Most likely I'll be adding some weight back for balance and bias.
My gut is telling me, 4.5lbs will be comp weight.

Are you going to try and get it to -50 or is that even possible with your current setup?

I'm hoping for mine to come in a little over 5lbs RTR, though I have a feeling it will be closer to 6. Damn hard bodies.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

South of Canton is a little further than 20 min for me though. I think it's 45min to A.C. Airport from my place.

Are you off 77S?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMGontheRocks View Post

Are you going to try and get it to -50 or is that even possible with your current setup?

I'm hoping for mine to come in a little over 5lbs RTR, though I have a feeling it will be closer to 6. Damn hard bodies.
I don't know if I'm going to push for the whole -50 on this truck. I can get to -40 rather easilly. I may just leave it there.

I'm debating a full redesign of my chassis.
The current set is similar to the high/low chassis rails that are gaining popularity. I just don't care for the look.
This weekend, I may sketch up a set that more closely resembles a stock SCX-10 rail with traditional shock mounts. It shouldnt affect performance or weight, but will look better.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Are you off 77S?
yes off 77s between fohl rd exit and boliver rt 212. i'm real close to bear creek camp ground old steakhouse etc..mprob a bit more than 20 min but closer than p.a lol
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote

Something Wicked.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something Wicked, this way comes... BEELZEBOB Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 27 06-19-2012 10:05 AM
Wicked mt video twisted Chit Chat 11 03-29-2010 10:14 AM
Wicked J joesbruiser Tires and Wheels 3 06-08-2009 08:19 PM