Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Just got this bnib LCC....love it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #41

Default Re: Just got this bnib LCC....love it!

He just replied to me that the Gen 2 kits WILL be available again as well.

I guess with the rear 25T Losi branded worms, I'll watch for them to get ripped up. I can try the HR made 25T ones that are supposed to be Nitride hardened?

Last edited by H2Ohaze; 02-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.
H2Ohaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #42

Just got Ernie's steering mod in. He built me up an axle not only with his mod but Dlux knuckles, a KrazedBuild CF axle/battery tray, and all the other links and bits for it to be PnP out of the box. Also this servo:

ProModeler - 470oz-in, Std, BLS #DS470BLHV

which looks indestructible.

He's using glue instead of zip ties to get the housing/trumpets buttoned up.

I hooked it up to battery/Rx and all is GREAT!!!

I do like the CF battery plate...
H2Ohaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

So ive treated it to a B/l system,liked the old novak stuff but well old now.....really like some of the new Mtroniks gear but unobtainium as yet.
Holmes always gets good reviews but they dont scream buy me so Castle got my money,very adaptable runs up to 6s with some trick adjustments available so for now it looks to be futureproof.the new Mamba X 3800kv crawler combo,price was fair too buying in the states.....counting the days now....

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Grip Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #44
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Roll View Post
So ive treated it to a B/l system,liked the old novak stuff but well old now.....really like some of the new Mtroniks gear but unobtainium as yet.
Holmes always gets good reviews but they dont scream buy me so Castle got my money,very adaptable runs up to 6s with some trick adjustments available so for now it looks to be futureproof.the new Mamba X 3800kv crawler combo,price was fair too buying in the states.....counting the days now....

I think you'll be happy with a brushless system. Let us know how you like the Castle setup.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I think you'll be happy with a brushless system. Let us know how you like the Castle setup.
Im hoping for good things...brushed is just lacking somewhat,almost enough low end and wheel speed but close to it's limits.
If im not totally happy LK ill be very upset,ive spent ages researching the various brands,weighing up the pros and cons.
I hope ive done the right thing.....it should complete the build in earnest and give the truck the sparkle its missing.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #46
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I have been following this build and like what you have done. I have a LNC2 that I have made into a shafty rig for local comps. I am running Momba Max with a Roc412 (3800 I believe) with an 18 tooth pinion and 3s. It does realy well crawling and still has the wheel speed to jump if needed. I am considering a 16 tooth to get just a bit more low end. I did the XR10 mod on the front and love the turning now. Axles are def stronger. All my electronics are up front and I only run a small amount of weight on the knuckles, 3 ozs maybe. I am also running Rovers but they are narrowed about a 1/4 inch. I broke a lot of the 2mm pins on the driveshafts. Switched to Junfac shafts and have had no more trouble. I also thought about Wild Boar 8 but they hit the links. My rig is total custom, I had my LHS do a custom CF chassis for me. My next swap will be custom Ti links. Just running some Axial links I cut to length now. I was able to score an AX10 body my LHS had kicking around. I started off crawling with a shafty and was glad to get one going again. It can pull some lines that my XR10 MOA has trouble with. Of course that could be the driver. Keep up the posts and Ill keep following. Subscribed
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:56 AM   #47
Rock Stacker

Come on then.....do we get to see the fruits of your labour....I for one want to see it

Old 03-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #48
Tib
Pebble Pounder

i agree, lets see it
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #49
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I have tried too many times to count to post on here. I just tried for an hour, I GIVE UP! Photbucket wont work and to get a star so I can post I need to pay with Pay-Pal. Like thats gonna happen. Dont do Pay Pal. If I cant put it in my own hands I just plain wont buy it. I support my LHS. Internet stores wont help me on Sunday afternoon when I break a part on one of my rigs. Thinking of sending in a check to get a star but I cant remember the last time I had to write a check to buy something. So it looks like no pics. So sorry.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #50
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Yeah, I have tried too many times to count to post on here. I just tried for an hour, I GIVE UP! Photbucket wont work and to get a star so I can post I need to pay with Pay-Pal. Like thats gonna happen. Dont do Pay Pal. If I cant put it in my own hands I just plain wont buy it. I support my LHS. Internet stores wont help me on Sunday afternoon when I break a part on one of my rigs. Thinking of sending in a check to get a star but I cant remember the last time I had to write a check to buy something. So it looks like no pics. So sorry.
There are other photo hosting sites you can use.....I use google photos....
Old 03-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

Hal Id be interested to hear more on your 3800kv 3s results.
Im waiting for my new Mamba X/Slate combo for mine,I ordered a 3800 combo and a 2850 motor just in case.
Did I waste my hard earned on the lower kv motor?
I was going to have a serious attempt at staying with a 2s set up....

Old 03-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #52
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Re: Just got this bnib LCC....love it!

Wasted money on motor? It will still be a good backup or you may find another use for it. I am waiting to do some outdoor crawling to see if I will change to a 16 tooth pinion or stay with the 18. We run indoors in winter. If you have run at all with the stock motor you will see that it is a great crawler but is very slow. I run 3s in all my comp rigs so I have the batteries. A lot of guys run 4s but it tends to burn out the com and brushes quicker (rebuild time) I am happy with the 3800 because I still need the wheel speed sometimes. Just remember if you go to a hotter motor or higher voltage you have to gear DOWN, or risk smokin your batery or motor. The speed controller could be in danger also. With 2s only you may be able to get away with a 20 tooth pinion if you have any place that you can run at 1/2 throttle for extended time. Just be sure to watch your temps closely till you get some time on it. Even with brushless sensored motors they can overheat if too high a load (geared too high.) Also watch those diff temps they can get hot on a Losi. If you dont have a pyrometer (temp gage) test the motor or speed controll by touching with your hand, if you can only hold your hand there for a only second or two its too hot. You should be able to hold your hand on it for some time even if it is "uncomfortabe." I think you will be happy with either motor.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #53
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Losikid thanks, I think I will try google photos and see if I have better luck. If it works there will be shots of my rig.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #54
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Well I didnt get actual pics up but here are some pics in a link to google photos, https://plus.google.com/117987601695...ts/hgyz41QKGHQ let me know what you think.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:38 PM   #55
Got Worms?

That is google plus.

Try this, make sure your album is shared, then right click on the images and click "Copy Image Address". Then paste that link into the embedded image tags for rcc.
https://www.google.com/photos/about/

Also, you have quite an interesting servo plate.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:00 AM   #56
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Thanks losikid. I downloaded Google photos and have no idea where it got stored on my tablet, tried Google plus and it worked...mostly. There is another build on here that the guy built his front end the same. The servo/battery plate/link mount acts as a truss also, holding the chubs tight. There are no beeftubes or anything inside the axle to strengthen it. My rig is just over 4 lbs 4ozs. RTR. The other builder was running a low kv motor with shaft out both ends and was direct drive to the axle, no tranny. I will eventually get a smaller ESC but for now I am going to run it like it is.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:43 AM   #57
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Hey Grip Roll, if you want to see an interesting motor setup check out YBs outrunner build (Youngbloods) it is where I got my inspiration for my LNC project. He shows step by step the process for his XR10 mod and the whole project. I pretty much did the same front end he built but put my ESC on its own plate not under the servo plate. Should deffinately check it out.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:46 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Yours looks well Hal.
Ill be looking at some true mods in the coming months but for now my new power combo has arrived so I can finish the build in earnest.
The 3800kv combo arrived so im keen to get it in and tested today if I can.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #59
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Very nice! I think you will be happy with the brushless system. Let us know what you think. What is your rig weighing in at. It can make a big difference in the setup. Some of the guys I run with like a very heavy rig but I prefer a skinny girl myself. For me running the cut and shut HB Rovers worked out very well. I have 2 stage soft foams front and rear. The inners on the front are "comp cut." Im running big bore shocks, not the shortest but next size up in length, ussing 20 wt all around, 3mm limitters i side on front.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Its almost done,want to try some spiral binding wrap or something to get the loom secure but its quite tidy.
The ESC is a fair size and the supplied power lead is just long enough to be comfortable,this might get moved yet....thats an expensive piece of kit to be hanging off the diff housing.
Ive had a tinker with the castle link programming too,very nice,some great settings for all sorts of setups.
If it can supply the torque it suggests I might stick with it but ive got a feeling the lower 2850kv on its way will be the better option.
Its still totally stock running a 13t pinion,no weight has been added as of yet anywhere so ive lots to do in time.
Gonna stick some wheels on it later and see what I think.

Just got this bnib LCC....love it! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love your children fellas, they will love you back! isyeskeert Chit Chat 26 08-17-2013 08:10 PM
i offically love the LCC platform scatterbrains Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 02-25-2010 08:09 AM