Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Just got this bnib LCC....love it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #61
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Just got this bnib LCC....love it!

Nice looking setup. I think the ESC could be moved to the front between the front cross braces. It should help with your weight bias better and offer a bit more protection. IMO it helps to have as much of the "have to have" weight up front. Have to have = servo,ESC,bec (if needed) and battery. It helps keep the rig lighter. Only add weight when and where needed to get the correct ballance. Mine is around 65% front and 35% rear. My MOA is closer to 70/30 and I am very happy with both. I have a small cheap scale I use to weigh it. Put front on weigh it then put rear on and weigh it. Simple math will give weight bias. My driving prefferance may be different than yours but this works for me. I found on the ESC if you cut your braking way down it will work best. The worm drive axles have natural braking affect. Too much and you will be doing backwards wheelies (stoppies.) It also puts a lot more stress on the driveline. I still am thinking you will like the hotter motor but that may be just me. I also have the heavy duty diff gears in the front. It helps to "overdrive" the front end. With the front wheels going faster than the rears it stops it from going over bacwards on climbs so much, also better turning. I hope I dont come across as a know-it-all, but a lot of this I had to learn the hard way. I wish someone had told me some of this. Tribal knowledge is a good thing, learn from others mistakes when you can. Although my stubborn side sometimes just wants to "do it my way" wrong or right. Looking good so far. Did you get a look at youngbloods rig yet? Let me know what you think. It is deffinately different. Keep us posted.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #62
Rock Stacker

Ive run a few shafties before Hal so its not all new to me but its handy having ranks of other owners to quiz.
Its a huge Esc and im not keen to de-case it just yet.
Ill have a tinker when I get the cells on the front and go from there but its gonna be tight.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Grip Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:17 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

70g each on the fronts.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #64
Rock Stacker

Well my 18yro Associated hex wrenches have finally retired,not bad considering the amount of work they have done.
Tried some of these Turnigy jobs...im not expecting the same quality but ill see how they hold up

Just got this bnib LCC....love it! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love your children fellas, they will love you back! isyeskeert Chit Chat 26 08-17-2013 08:10 PM
i offically love the LCC platform scatterbrains Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 02-25-2010 08:09 AM