Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: NEW GUYS to East TN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default NEW GUYS to East TN

ETRC is looking for new places to comp. If you have any places that are pretty good in size with good parking please contact me. Ideally we are looking for places as close to Knoxville / Chattanooga as possible, but if you have ANY suggestions, we would appreciate them.

And you are all welcome to our comps. We have recently added courses to our comps for more scale like trucks. Run what you brung! We'd love to have you.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: NEW GUYS to East TN

I'm new to RC and crawling, about 9 months. I like to scale trail crawl at Melton Hill Park. It is in Hardin Valley, Knox County. You may have to get permission from Knox County Parks to hold a comp. Also, I'm not sure it is the best for comp style crawling, but that is strictly based on the videos I have seen of comp crawling and the kind of rocks that are there. I also use a couple of the local MTB trails to play on. I'm not sure if that is legal, but the president of the MTB club that oversees one of those areas said he had no problem with using them for electric RC as long as I was respectful to the other users and the environment. What do you know about using such trails? There is always a sign that says "No Motorized Vehicles". Does that mean my battery powered RC?
rcntncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcntncrawler View Post
There is always a sign that says "No Motorized Vehicles". Does that mean my battery powered RC?

Typically that is meant for something you could ride, but it all depends on how the person in charge wants to interpret the rules. Or what side of the bed they woke up on. A lot of times if you are respectful and not tearing things up, people will let electric RCs slide.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

That's what I thought. The Friends of Haw Ridge president was the person I spoke to that said it was okay. That can be a fun place. I just try to go during days and times that are not congested with bikers and walkers. I also enjoy Meades Quarry near Ijams. I would love to crawl with other people. Do people still get together on Northshore near MacDondalds on Sundays? I've heard they do, but I didn't see anyone the one time I went over there.
rcntncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasboy View Post
Or what side of the bed they woke up on. A lot of times if you are respectful and not tearing things up, people will let electric RCs slide.
I got a little to big a kick out of that, chad! Ha! I and my scaler missed you on sat. with Harvos courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcntncrawler View Post
That's what I thought. The Friends of Haw Ridge president was the person I spoke to that said it was okay. That can be a fun place. I just try to go during days and times that are not congested with bikers and walkers. I also enjoy Meades Quarry near Ijams. I would love to crawl with other people. Do people still get together on Northshore near MacDondalds on Sundays? I've heard they do, but I didn't see anyone the one time I went over there.
They should be pretty lenient at Melton Hill considering the Knox RC Plane club has a landing strip there. It has been awhile, but I don't remember comp places there. Scaler yes, comp don't remember.

Didn't even think about Haw Ridge. Ill throw a scaler in when the weather gets a little better to check out since I drive right by it on my way to work.

The Sundays at northshore kind died down since it got cold. But in the fall there were 7 to 8 regularly there. Im sure it will crank back up soon. They usually post here when people are getting together.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
Hoof Hearted?

They usually post up in this section when they plan on going.

Edit: You beat me to it Denton.

Last edited by Grandmasboy; 02-04-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
...my scaler missed you on sat. with Harvos courses.

Next time Gadget.....Next Time!!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I know this is an old thread, but where do you scale/trail at Melton Hill Park? I walked the perimeter of the peninsula and didn't see anything.
tain4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #9

I know, old post but, You guys ever thought about coming to Polk County? I could show you around. We have alot of waterfall trails, and we have a white water center where there are some nice rocks. But hey!
KomodoTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomodoTurkey View Post
I know, old post but, You guys ever thought about coming to Polk County? I could show you around. We have alot of waterfall trails, and we have a white water center where there are some nice rocks. But hey!
I live in Cleveland. We compete at the WWC all the time
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote

NEW GUYS to East TN - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Find LEXY! East coast guys stubs179 Chit Chat 10 12-28-2012 03:43 PM
south east guys twoolley08 Michigan 15 04-22-2010 08:40 PM
East Coast guys how do you..... toyofast Chit Chat 22 07-31-2008 09:00 PM
Some pics from some guys in East Texas Nova's Ark Texas 0 08-19-2007 04:00 PM
any computer guys? how bout bronco guys? Bronco Fetish Chit Chat 10 09-11-2006 05:48 PM