Notices

Thread: GCRCRC Took a Roadtrip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GCRCRC Took a Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercat23 View Post
What Is going to be the location of these fancy new rocks???

The airplane field course?
It sure is! Some of the members of GCRC, the local Airplane RC Club, built us a nice course to drive on. They allowed us to "enhance" it a bit. This course is in a prime location....in Pasedena near Ellington Field just south of BW8 in the southeast corner of Red Bluff and Genoa Red Bluff roads. As you probably know, Victory RC Hobby Shop is just a few miles up the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post
If you ever need a place to stash some...
Hehe....the folks in that country are happy to see the rocks go. They probably wont help you load them, but they sure will be excited to see you haul them away.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
RCC Addict

How often do yall meet out there?? I know from a different thread that the place stays locked.
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Yes, the place is locked. Personally, I have only been there several times. I am in the process of getting a membership which would give me full access to this facility. GCRCRC is hoping to have quite a few members with memberships and we hope to hold regular GTGs and the occasional competition at this location.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I would be interested in some of that info as well, how to become a member that is, if possible.
I need a place to drive my trucks since my rock pile in the yard is getting boring
Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #25
RCC Addict

That is down the street from my house.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #26

Quote:
I would be interested in some of that info as well, how to become a member that is, if possible.
I need a place to drive my trucks since my rock pile in the yard is getting boring
xx2
Nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
That is down the street from my house.
Yep, both you and Garrett.

As far as the memberships, I just picked up an application when I was out there. I will let Jason tell you guys the best way to get one...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Cool!

Thanks Jeremy
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
X3
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Man I suck at keeping up with threads. And I get the emails too that's the worst part.
Anyways, memberships to gcrc are prorated for new members. As of march 1st $70 bucks will get you a membership. After that dues are $100 per year regardless of when you pay. ( due jan of every year)
With a membership you'll get unlimited access to the club airstrip and rock course located in Pasadena
You're allowed to bring one guest per visit. There is a loosely followed rule that says guest visits are limited to 3 visits per guest per year. In other words they don't want one member bringing the same guest every time they come. A little odd but understandable.
Of course if we're comping and there are five members onsite for every comp and everyone rotated guests...
Y'all get the picture.
It takes about a week to get a membership card and a code to the gate once dues are mailed.
This is a private mostly airplane club that has been established for over 30 yrs. Memberships are currently open to anyone. There are a fair amount of rules for anyone flying a plane. As for us crawlers... Keep it clean and civil is about all they ask.

Oh and there may be another gcrcrc road trip to load up more rock for the club. So far we have two trucks with trailers committed to the trip. There's always room for another if anyone else wants to grab a trailer tag along.
Hope to see everyone on the 11th
JSSOUTHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #31
RCC Addict

i have a truck and trailer and may be able to help depending on when, and how far. as a broke college student i dont have money to blow on gas.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
i have a truck and trailer and may be able to help depending on when, and how far. as a broke college student i dont have money to blow on gas.
We'll definitely let ya know when we decide to make the trip. It is a trip tho. I dont remember how many miles but its a 3 1/2 to 4 hr ride at 60mph. All hwy and not many hills considering how close to austin it is. The 1 ton dodge I drove last time did it with one tank. Of course we drove 60 on the way there and 55-60 on the way back.
You're damn sure welcome to convoy up there with us. If nothing else we could always use help loading and unloading if you wanted to ride along. we're kicking around one of the two weekends between the gtg and the comp. Gonna get with jeremy at the gtg since he's got the connection up there.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Jason, I'll be visiting my folks on the weekend of the 3rd (my dad's b-day)....I might bring back a medium sized load of small rocks. I need to figure out how easily my 4R will pull that and where I can store the trailer after that....
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Jason, I'll be visiting my folks on the weekend of the 3rd (my dad's b-day)....I might bring back a medium sized load of small rocks. I need to figure out how easily my 4R will pull that and where I can store the trailer after that....
Pm'd ya
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Sweet looking rocks Jeremy! Where's this new spot located in Pasadena is there a physical address? Sure would make it a lot more convenient for me as I live in SW area...

Definitely need to start comping again!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Hey Alex,

the spot is located here:
GCRCRC/GCRC Comp Course - Google Maps

GCRCRC Took a Roadtrip - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCRCRC Current Season Standings 4xFord Texas 24 06-07-2012 12:00 AM
GCRCRC November Comp JeremyH Texas 20 11-20-2011 07:09 PM
GCRCRC October Comp JeremyH Texas 50 10-24-2011 03:47 PM
Roadtrip after Nats? JohnRobHolmes Alabama 2 08-27-2010 04:00 PM
Redneck Roadtrip Trailer Video!!! Are You In It? BIGBIRD Chit Chat 10 06-21-2010 10:27 PM