Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Tires and foams for a yeti?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tires and foams for a yeti?

Okay I just sold off the shorter version swampers off the rig.

The wheels are going to be Lockedup rc iconics.

The rig will be doing a series of events/races next year. These races are more like a g6 over a track setting u4rc. From the sounds of it it's gonna have lots of high speed stuff but some real technical stuff. So I'm looking for a tire I can just leave on this rig for bashing high speed stuff to the occasional trail ride or race. Also the racing has to be a "factory" tire and can't be cut or shaved.

The terrain will be in VT so a little of everything. Typically your tires are either wet or filled with gunk when getting to some rock ledges. The races will be rain or shine. Here is a couple pics of the terrain we deal with up here.

Tire options I have in mind:
Proline TSL XL's (I can get a set of these for cheap)
Axial r35 Treps (love the look of these just not sure on performance)
Possibly some PitBulls??

What foams? I definitely going with CI's just don't know what size and such (depending on the tire)

I would love the added belly height with the taller tires. But then again I could lose quite a bit of handling as well.

Any opinions or any other options (wish the falkens are out lol) I also like narrower tires of wide.

Thanks!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tires and foams for a yeti?

The terrain we run on, I would forget about pit bulls. The tsl-sx would be a safe bet. I would have stuck with the original tsl-sx for lower COG in the go fast arena. But you got rid of them lol.

In my experience, the absolute best tire in our woods is the Bogger. My wraith is unstoppable with them. Foams would be important on a yeti though since they are tall and narrow.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tires and foams for a yeti? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help....stock tires cut foams or no foams? Jcplante Redcat Crawlers 8 08-22-2011 07:32 AM
foams? Should all 4 tires and rims have foams? riz Newbie General 5 02-04-2010 10:49 PM