Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Tires and wheels

Notices

Thread: Uh oh...new pit bulls coming!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #121
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Uh oh...new pit bulls coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
Got my 1.55 rockbeast's today! I dislike wagons but I had a set laying around and they work well on the truck and with the tires. Can't wait to get out and test em. They got ci foams right away as I had a set laying around just waiting for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you use for CI foams? Soft/soft, or soft/firm?
Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #122
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbezco View Post
What did you use for CI foams? Soft/soft, or soft/firm?

I can't remember as I've had them laying and for so long but I want to say soft front firm rear since thats what I run on my other truck with 1.9's

lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #123

I got mine thanks to the 25% off Labor Day sale.

The XORs are hella wide. Too wide for my liking. Which wheels are you guys using?

I was going to put them on Incision wheels, but that would be silly since they're narrow.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

Had to use two sets of CI Lil Novas to get the right fill, but damn they're cool. Wheels are 1.3" wide CNC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I got mine thanks to the 25% off Labor Day sale.

The XORs are hella wide. Too wide for my liking. Which wheels are you guys using?

I was going to put them on Incision wheels, but that would be silly since they're narrow.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post

Had to use two sets of CI Lil Novas to get the right fill, but damn they're cool. Wheels are 1.3" wide CNC's.
The stock foams are stiff so I might be switching eventually.

Too bad CNC stopped selling wheels.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #126

I had a chance to run my 1.9 Rock Beast XOR tires this weekend with the stock foams. The stock foams are garbage - way too hard. I do have the tires on a relatively light weight rig - my Sawback, but I wish Pitbull would go back to their dual stage foams. Or just get rid of the stock foams and reduce the price of the tires.

Midway through the day I switched to Proline Hyrax with the Proline Dual Stage foams. The Proline tires and foams destroyed the Pitbull tires and foams. Even on the same rocks the Hyrax embarrassed the Rock Beasts.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #127
RCC Addict

I have the 1.55 Rock Beasts, mounted onto 1.55 RC4WD wagons. They mounted fairly easily and look/feel fantastic. Unfortunately RC4WD decided to release the rally wheel in a 1.9 (I've been waiting for this wheel FOREVER, and a 1.55 or 1.7 would've been much better suited). So I picked up a set of the PBX, and they are mighty fine as well. I'll probably hang on to the 1.55 Rock Beast's for a while because they are an awesome looking little tire! The stock foams feel great for my heavier hard body rig. The only bad part about them is they are over 4" tall mounted, I was really hoping they would provide an accurate measurement at 3.85".
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
I have the 1.55 Rock Beasts, mounted onto 1.55 RC4WD wagons. They mounted fairly easily and look/feel fantastic. Unfortunately RC4WD decided to release the rally wheel in a 1.9 (I've been waiting for this wheel FOREVER, and a 1.55 or 1.7 would've been much better suited). So I picked up a set of the PBX, and they are mighty fine as well. I'll probably hang on to the 1.55 Rock Beast's for a while because they are an awesome looking little tire! The stock foams feel great for my heavier hard body rig. The only bad part about them is they are over 4" tall mounted, I was really hoping they would provide an accurate measurement at 3.85".
I also got the 1.55s during the 25% off sale. They will go on my TF2 when it's finished.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:26 PM   #129
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Put ci foams in them they shrink down quite a bit and work amazing for such a small tire

Old 10-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #130
RCC Addict

I just got a set of the rally wheels. I freaking LOVE them. Just waiting for the braven Ironsides to come out. I'm keeping my 1.55 rock beasts with gearhead aluminum slot wheels on my leafed ascender.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

yea there due Mid September ..... 2018 lol
afrofroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

I love Pitbull tires. I have them on nearly every trail rig I own. But seriously, what is the delay in getting the Braven Ironsides out for sale? They announced these over a month ago, I believe. Why tease us and let us sit in anticipation? If they knew product wouldn't be available until mid-October, why release the news in August? And no updates from Pitbull on this thread. Kind of disappointing.
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbet View Post
I love Pitbull tires. I have them on nearly every trail rig I own. But seriously, what is the delay in getting the Braven Ironsides out for sale? They announced these over a month ago, I believe. Why tease us and let us sit in anticipation? If they knew product wouldn't be available until mid-October, why release the news in August? And no updates from Pitbull on this thread. Kind of disappointing.
It took something like a a year for the 3.8" RB XL to come out, so when PB announces something you better be patient.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Better get comfortable, will likely be a while yet! Pitbull is notorious for announcing tires and then making people wait an unreasonable amount of time. Pretty lame. But, at the end of the day, they make kickass tires. Except the XOR. Because WTF.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
A month? You must be new here. You got like 4 more months I bet.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #136
RCC Addict

Quote:
Better get comfortable, will likely be a while yet! Pitbull is notorious for announcing tires and then making people wait an unreasonable amount of time. Pretty lame. But, at the end of the day, they make kickass tires. Except the XOR. Because WTF.
I hear you, man that XOR is a terrible looking tire.

But honestly I could give two shytes about when they are released. Pit bull has been so good to me an my kid over the past two years at the Recon G6 that I'm willing to suck it up and wait. Yeah Pitbull your marketing strategy is working. Lucky for me I love your tires as much as your brand.

Just be glad you are not in my position. I am using those rc4wd Humvee wheels, you know the ones that take about 20 minutes a piece to mount. Had to mount the stock tires on 6 wheels while I wait for these to be released. Then Ill have to do a remount.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #137
RCC Addict

Any real world user evaluations on the 1.55 tires? I'm normally a diehard KLR user but they're a little too tall for my RC4WD Blazer body.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #138
RCC Addict

I have two runs on my 1.55 rock beasts. I love the size and look of them on my full leaf spring ascender blazer. They work like my old og rock beasts did on my 1.9 truck. Very good all around and great on the rocks. Not sure the alien compound is "out of this world good" (pardon the pun) but it is a great compound. Could I climb verticals ledge face? No. Did they get me places my 1.55 comp compound growlers couldn't? Not really sure. I got them for the looks and size and am happy with them. Hope this helps.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #139
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Any real world user evaluations on the 1.55 tires? I'm normally a diehard KLR user but they're a little too tall for my RC4WD Blazer body.

I love mine they have grip for days I can put my 4runner in places my1.9 truck wont fit and it sticks. I know I've lost ground clearance over my 1.55 Growlers but it really doesn't feel like it they drive great.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Getting ready to buy the 1.55 RB's and reading the comments they sound legit except for the stock foams which is no surprise. Verdict still worth buying?
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Uh oh...new pit bulls coming! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Pit Bulls? kasey Tires and Wheels 3 10-09-2011 12:16 PM
new pit bulls i got them gasser55t Tires and Wheels 41 07-15-2010 08:16 AM