Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Interco Ground Hawgs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Interco Ground Hawgs?

Saw these in the scroll. Growing up in south Florida I always saw these on street legal full size weekend warrior mud trucks, usually in the 44 inch size.
I always heard a lot of the conversations of the guys comparing the Ground Hawg to the TSL, saying when you hit reverse in a hole, the Ground Hawg makes you even more stuck than you originally were.

Reason I was posting was because I thought it was "Denman" who was the manufacturer of the Ground Hawg, not Interco. These and the "Gumbo Mudders" were from Denman. Please quote me if I'm wrong. I'm really glad Rc4wd is expanding they're scale real world tire base, but this caught my attention.

Last edited by MattySlimz1987; 07-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Interco Ground Hawgs?

Hmm is this not the tire above?

fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Googled this:

The Ground Hawg Mud Tire is a timeless classic "old-school" traditional Mud Tire Design that is reminiscent of early generation Mud Tires yet developed under today's technologies by Interco Corporation. Originally designed by the The Denman Tire Company, the Ground Hawg is a directional tread design mud tire which offers superior performance in thick mud, deep snow, and rocky terrain. Available in Bias & Radial designs, the Ground Hawg has an aggressive tread design that is made to work very well in deep mud yet wear well under normal highway usage. Several features of the Ground Hawg make this the choice mud tire for classic truck pull series as well as offroaders who have been ripping through the mud for decades. For offroad toughness the Ground Hawg Bias Tires are the better choice with up to 8 tread plys and 4 sidewall plys.

The tread design is very aggressive and complemented with massive siped outer lugs for clawing and digging in mud and snow. Inner staggered lugs are designed for a larger footprint and siped for traction, self cleaning and longevity on the highway beyond the average, mud terrain tire. The heavy duty construction is made from a durable tubeless nylon construction with a bulky rubber compound. Sidewall protection and traction is enhanced by deep sideway lugs extending far above the tread's huge directional outer lugs. Outer lugs are also designed to accept studs for even better traction, offroad as well as on ice and in deep snow and mud.

For those who prefer a Radial designed tire, the Ground Hawg offers it's Ground Hawg II Radial Tires. The Ground Hawg II Radial Tires offers the best features from the Ground Hawg Bias Tires, but in a radial design. The Radial design offers 6 and 10 ply in the tread area but only a 2 ply for the sidewall, although the wrap-around tread design offers greater sidewall protection over most mud terrain radial design tires.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

Interco has a new tire called the cobalt mt. Basically a ground hawg with swampers name on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Grandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #5

Interco acquired the rights from Denman long ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
tallyforeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

well hello fellow SW FL guy! lol thats where i'm from and yes Denman was the original manufacture of these but as it has been stated interco tire corp got the rights and molds for these ahwile back and now produce them under the name of the "cobalt" glad RC4WD used ground hawgs and not cobalt. makes it cool for scale guys who want the original name. ive ran several sets of these on various trucks and loved them!
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

RC4WD now added 1.9"-sized versions.... would look great on the Ascender K10!

Mounted on SSD Steel Trail-Ready black wheels, of course......

Last edited by durok; 07-20-2017 at 10:03 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #8

I don't understand all the hype of this tire. It looks like it won't perform well. There's not enough spacing in the center of the tire.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

They look cool and are reproducing the original Denman Ground Hawgs, more scale tire options for us!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
They look cool and are reproducing the original Denman Ground Hawgs, more scale tire options for us!
Yep

I do agree with Jato that I don't think they'll be the greatest performing tire. Basically for a nostalgic look more than anything, which I can appreciate.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
Yep

I do agree with Jato that I don't think they'll be the greatest performing tire. Basically for a nostalgic look more than anything, which I can appreciate.
Catering to the old guys again. This old guy doesn't remember these tires though so I guess that's why no hear strings were pulled.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

google brought me here.. if they perform like the real thing... they will be great..

boggers are better but hawgs are 2nd best.. but will outlast boggers. ive got a set on my 78 chevy...40x17x16.5 and love them. bought them in 2004 and hard to find. in rc not sure it matters but in mud/sand with these...detroit lockers...and manual trans...i have a hellova fun time.

waiting for interco to make larger sizes other than the current 35/37 for 17-18-20 in rims.

now i gotta check these out as i want to do a 1:1

Last edited by RootBreaker; 06-13-2019 at 05:06 PM.
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I have a set of the 1.9" size Ground Hawg IIs on my Defender, love 'em:
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

These tires seem to be amazing at not clogging up with mud. See a few pics below. The bronco is a TRX4 sport not any mud on the tires. Others are KLRs and Prolines. It’s like mud is repelled off of the hawgs. All drove through the same mud pit. Results speak for themselves. Prolines cleared out pretty easily though. All had 3800 kv motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Interco Ground Hawgs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New RC4WD 1.55 Interco Ground Hawg II Tires - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-17-2017 04:38 PM
Ol Red, my C1 build OG scx10 with Ground hawgs! Rooster87 1.5 Scale Rigs 7 11-21-2014 09:28 AM
Denman Ground Hawgs 1:1 RootBreaker Tires and Wheels 5 11-16-2012 01:42 PM
g-hawgs bjangleso Tires and Wheels 3 03-23-2009 03:42 PM
G hawgs? ruck"n"roll Tires and Wheels 4 11-27-2007 07:49 PM