Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Proline Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 vs Pitbull Rockbeast XL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Proline Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 vs Pitbull Rockbeast XL

Any opinions on this? I'm drooling on both of them, but Rockbeasts are so much more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #2

Default Proline Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 vs Pitbull Rockbeast XL

I don't know if it helps, but Exocaged RC did a tire comparison on YouTube, between a few tires. Pitbulls, Prolines, stock TRX-4 tires & stock Redcat Interco Super Swampers (from the Gen7), & the Redcats performed just about as well as the Pitbulls.... the Prolines were no competition at all, & the TRX-4's Canyon Trails didn't do any better than the Prolines. They weren't the Mud Terrains, but it'll give you an idea of rubber compound differences at least.
I can find the video link if you want. Let me know.
TUSOffRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Proline Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 vs Pitbull Rockbeast XL

That guys tire test was on plywood not real terrain. There was a couple threads on discussing those videos.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
That guys tire test was on plywood not real terrain. There was a couple threads on discussing those videos.

I'm aware of that, but based on his tests, I've tried the same tires & gotten the best results on actual trails with the Redcat tires, which are also the cheapest, I believe.
Rocks provide far more grip than a slick piece of plywood does, so if they work there, they'll work just about anywhere. I see no issue with the validity of his tests, to be honest. I never said it was the 'be all, end all' of tire tests, I simply offered it up, as it helped me make my selection just fine.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input. I think I've seen that video. I remember now. Because I mostly run in forests (often loose ground), I think the lug pattern is maybe more important than the rubber compound? Maybe. I've had great success with Proline Bfg Krawlers, but then again I've never tried the Alien compound. I'm thinking about one of these specific tires simply because of my tire fetish.

(edit: The way Pitbull keeps reviewing and bragging about their own tires/Alien compound kinda puts me off)

Last edited by tjohanne; 07-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
Thanks for the input. I think I've seen that video. I remember now. Because I mostly run in forests (often loose ground), I think the lug pattern is maybe more important than the rubber compound? Maybe. I've had great success with Proline Bfg Krawlers, but then again I've never tried the Alien compound. I'm thinking about one of these specific tires simply because of my tire fetish.

(edit: The way Pitbull keeps reviewing and bragging about their own tires/Alien compound kinda puts me off)

I would think on that terrain you'd be correct. The lug would likely matter more than the compound. Maybe try the 'luggiest' (definitely not a word lol) tire of the 2 choices, & see how it bites? Do you have any LHS in your area that might let you test some? Kind of a 'try it before you buy it' type thing? I ask because I have a few around me that do stuff like that.... Might be worth looking into before you make your decision? Best of luck with it, either way! Let us know the choice you make. I'm always looking to add some more good tires to my selection, so I may just grab some of what you're havin too lol
Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
Any opinions on this? I'm drooling on both of them, but Rockbeasts are so much more expensive.

Big fan of Pitbull, but I had a really hard time getting the xl's to work. Finally got them working on my kids very heavy rig, but thay was only after I gave up on them.

But then again I had a horrible experience with one of their drivers and wrote pitbull about it They didnt even have the courtesy to reply.

At this point I wouldnt even bother with Pitbull tires, the prolines I have work great. Looks like I am going to have to try the new compound out.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSOffRoad View Post
I would think on that terrain you'd be correct. The lug would likely matter more than the compound. Maybe try the 'luggiest' (definitely not a word lol) tire of the 2 choices, & see how it bites? Do you have any LHS in your area that might let you test some? Kind of a 'try it before you buy it' type thing? I ask because I have a few around me that do stuff like that.... Might be worth looking into before you make your decision? Best of luck with it, either way! Let us know the choice you make. I'm always looking to add some more good tires to my selection, so I may just grab some of what you're havin too lol
Swampers and Ripsaws both have tremendous lugs(!) for mud and loose forest type debris

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:12 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Haven't tried the mud-terrain but my favorite tire is the proline BFGoodrich crawler T/A part # 10136-14. We don't run on a lot of rocks but all kinds of dirt some with fine gravel in it and a lot of sandstone formations. It also looks really good on the truck
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 vs Pitbull Rockbeast XL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires Yeti.stealth Tires and Wheels 62 12-23-2018 02:26 PM
RESTOCK!! NEW Pro-Line Racing BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-06-2018 02:34 PM
IN STOCK - NEW Pro Line BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain Tires RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-16-2018 12:54 PM
Pre-Order - NEW Pro Line BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain Tires RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-24-2018 11:52 AM