Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 2.2 rims ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2.2 rims ??

I am running fat 2.2 tires (old school Hammers and some fat pit bulls) and want a rim with a good amount of back spacing and weight.

I have Vanquish KMCs with there narrow hub and like them. They have a set of Enduros on the site but they are my least favorite as far as looks, but they will do the job.

I have some SSDs and they are fine but 1.9s. They came with hubs but I change them a out a while back, not sure how much back spacing they offered. If I change to vanquish hubs I end up spending the same $$ as the Vanquish.

What are other options for a decent rim. I want some weight to the rims. The cheaper ones I got in the past were too light.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2.2 rims ??

I'd just get the wheels you like the look and price of, and if you HAVE to add weight, use lead weight under the foams.

That being said, rotating weight isn't a great idea... swapping to brass knuckles and rear lockouts would be better.

Gearhead wheels are able to be bolted up with the wheel centers flipped for different backspacing, and anything with SLW hubs can use various width hubs to the same effect.

Also, Incision wheels have multiple offset hubs available...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2.2 rims ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'd just get the wheels you like the look and price of, and if you HAVE to add weight, use lead weight under the foams.

That being said, rotating weight isn't a great idea... swapping to brass knuckles and rear lockouts would be better.

Gearhead wheels are able to be bolted up with the wheel centers flipped for different backspacing, and anything with SLW hubs can use various width hubs to the same effect.

Also, Incision wheels have multiple offset hubs available...
I ended up with SSDs.

I like to know the weight of the wheel, that way I know what I need to do to get them the weight I want. I like the vanquish brass rings but they are only available for 1.9s. I wish they had those for my 2.2s.

I will agree about rotating weight on higher speed rigs but on a crawler not really an issue. I see axel breakage from those with heavy brass knuckles but never from extra rotating mass but it may have more to do with how the driver.

The gear head wheels look good but I can't find any specs about them.

The SSDs will work with Vanquish and Axial hubs. I already have an assortment of hubs that will fit. This allows me more flexibility. I have had good luck with SSDs and they give me the info I wanted. 92g weight and 18.5mm of back spacing. I also have some Vanquish KMCs and those fit my "need" but they are not available. Vanquish rims never seem to be available except buy people selling them on facebook for very inflated prices.

I got the wheels below. Those plus the one wrap of stick on weights get me were I want to be.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/ssd-rc-...BwiVaPVop-AqPo
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote

2.2 rims ?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd OEM rims on SCX10? Roxlox on proline rims? Plis help:) msdelr Axial SCX-10 27 05-21-2010 01:50 PM