Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Stock defender in need of new tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2022, 05:30 PM   #1

Default Stock defender in need of new tires

I’ll start off with im new to the rc world and crawlers in general, I have a defender
And I use it in some mud and rocky terrain. The stock tires are ok but once the dirt and mud get in there I get no traction on the rocks.
I was looking at the proline hyrax since everyone seems to recommend them but also found some on Amazon that look similar. Are these a waste or do they seem to be a good deal ? If anyone has any experience.

Hobbypark 12mm Hex 1.9 Beadlock Wheels and Tires Height 120mm / 4.72inch with Foam Inserts for 1:10 RC Crawler Axial SCX10 90047 SCX10 II 90046 SCX10 III TRX-4, Set of 4 (w/Black Rims) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KCM5XD4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you
Scott Tighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Stock defender in need of new tires

I run hyrax knockoffs by INJORA on my TRX4 Sport and they do great in the Lava rock here. They also do good on slick river rock. Can’t comment on any other rocks though.

Even with that said, I’d still get the Prolines if it’s in the budget. They’ll obviously have better grip and you’re not supporting a company that knocks off other companies products(yes, I just called myself out) I would also definitely get the G8 compound as the Predator is softer so it can’t hold as much weight without looking flat.

And fwiw, I try to stick with INJORA rather than any other off-brand companies for tires/bumpers. They seem to have the best quality compared to Hobbypark and others. I had a set of Hobbypark boggers & beadlocks a while back and they were horrible quality. The beadlock style they use sucks IMO and the tires are kind of hard compared to INJORA.

Here’s the ones I run: https://www.amazon.com/Outer-Diamete...bap_m_rp_26_sc

EDIT: just clicked the link and seen these beadlocks are a different style than they use to sell, so disregard the beadlock style line. My statement on tire compound still hold true, though.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 05-03-2022 at 06:41 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #3

Default Re: Stock defender in need of new tires

Thanks for the advice, do you buy your wheel set up’s of Amazon ? Or a different site
Scott Tighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Injora isn't bad but they don't compare to the real things by any stretch of the imagination. Wheels are fine (I've gotten a couple different wheels sets off Amazon and I have some RC4WD rims) but their attempts to clone tires.... you don't know what your missing till you have the real thing.

For a more scale rig, personally Pit Bull rock beasts. For trails, mud, loose, etc, superior to even the real hyrax. Hyrax is a rock crawling tire. Rock beast is a proper trail tire. I was loving my Hyrax but wanted something actually scale looking as Hyrax is very obviously an rc tire. The rock beasts just started doing everything better except dry, clean smoother rock, hyrax definitely had an edge there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:42 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyomOcobWWI The results might surprise you.
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote

Stock defender in need of new tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
defender body need tires dzsenci HPI Wheely King 6 03-21-2011 12:56 PM
tires for CK/Defender? papaweely HPI Wheely King 10 03-11-2011 11:04 AM