Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Stock Sendero tires with aftermarket foams?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Stock Sendero tires with aftermarket foams?

Has anyone put nice foams inside the stock Element tires? I have an all stock Element Sendero HD and I just bought a set of anti-foams. I was looking at upgrading the tires as well but I’m wondering how good the stock ones will be with the new inserts alone. They seem to be pretty good out of the box. Just trying to save a few bucks if anyone has done it before and thinks it’s a pretty solid option. I’m new and plan on doing a few comps for fun without spending a ton of money, thanks for any help!
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2022, 06:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Stock Sendero tires with aftermarket foams?

It depends on your terrain. If the tires hook up where you are, then add the better foams and save some cash for some other upgrades!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:27 AM   #3
Go Buckeyes!

I have not replaced my stock foams yet, but do like how well the stock tires work with them. Eventually I plan on swapping in a set of CI foams in mine. The Anti-foams are a little pricey for me at the moment. And I've been waiting to hear how they hold up long term before I spend the cash for them.

Here is something else you could do to the stock tires to change them up a bit. This is not my pic, but shows what I plan to do to mine in the future.

Name:  IMG_8987.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  63.1 KB

I see you're from Cincinnati. If you haven't been to the Team KNK Farm in Lebanon, Ohio, you should check it out. They hold one of the coolest and largest family friendly comps. They are having a Father's Day Buddy Run tomorrow June 17 at 8am. Looks like it will be a good time and a great way to check out the farm in a laid back atmosphere. If I didn't have plans, I'd be there!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I've got Proline Dual stages in mine. They fit perfectly and square out the tire nicely.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

B-Mow71, thanks for the info. I think I’m going to keeps these for now and see how they do.
I actually bought this truck from Mike Kirby just for the purpose to go to KNK to see if I like it. I do! I bought a Gatekeeper at the event on Friday so my 7 year old daughter had something to drive on Sunday. We’ll be up at the Father’s Day event as well. It’s about an hour drive for us, so not too far.
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:07 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB View Post
B-Mow71, thanks for the info. I think I’m going to keeps these for now and see how they do.
I actually bought this truck from Mike Kirby just for the purpose to go to KNK to see if I like it. I do! I bought a Gatekeeper at the event on Friday so my 7 year old daughter had something to drive on Sunday. We’ll be up at the Father’s Day event as well. It’s about an hour drive for us, so not too far.
That's awesome! Mike's a great guy and does a lot for this hobby!

Glad to hear that the KNK Farm is close to you and that you will be attending this weekend! I'm about 2.5 hours north of KNK on I-71. I missed this years TTC 22, but did attend in 2018 & 2019.

Good luck this weekend and have fun!
Old 06-22-2022, 08:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I made my own dual stage foams...

Of all the stock rtr tires out there, I think the stock sendero tires perform better than any of them, especially when you upgrade the foams.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I have not replaced my stock foams yet, but do like how well the stock tires work with them. Eventually I plan on swapping in a set of CI foams in mine. The Anti-foams are a little pricey for me at the moment. And I've been waiting to hear how they hold up long term before I spend the cash for them.

Here is something else you could do to the stock tires to change them up a bit. This is not my pic, but shows what I plan to do to mine in the future.

Attachment 400522

I see you're from Cincinnati. If you haven't been to the Team KNK Farm in Lebanon, Ohio, you should check it out. They hold one of the coolest and largest family friendly comps. They are having a Father's Day Buddy Run tomorrow June 17 at 8am. Looks like it will be a good time and a great way to check out the farm in a laid back atmosphere. If I didn't have plans, I'd be there!
I may be a bit bias. I have been running versions of Anti-Foams for 3 years now. My 11.5lb 10.3 has one of the first versions of dual stage in it with some very old Hyrax tires. They are holding up great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
wblteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblteen View Post
I may be a bit bias. I have been running versions of Anti-Foams for 3 years now. My 11.5lb 10.3 has one of the first versions of dual stage in it with some very old Hyrax tires. They are holding up great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's good to know! I've been seeing more and more people using the Anti-foams. I'll probably pick up a set to try sooner than later!

Stock Sendero tires with aftermarket foams? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTR sendero build -/ why are the ad ft foams so stiff? OTRocks Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 6 09-11-2019 06:42 PM
Best foams for stock tires? redbarton Traxxas TRX-4 6 07-12-2019 09:34 PM
help....stock tires cut foams or no foams? Jcplante Redcat Crawlers 8 08-22-2011 07:32 AM