Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Beadlock Shootout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
What about people that did not purchase them from you?

I personally will never use another set of bealocks other than the RC4WD's, even if I have to grind them down to get them to hold beads better.
My axials work twice as well as the RC4WD ones, hell even the Junfac are better for holding a bead, and the other 2 actually returned my emails
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #22
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
My axials work twice as well as the RC4WD ones, hell even the Junfac are better for holding a bead, and the other 2 actually returned my emails
Well lets see, there were a ton of Axial beadlocks at yesterdays comp, at least 15+ rigs running them, pretty much every single person spun a hex if not 2.

My beef is not holding beads, that can be fixed on any rim, it is just plain holding up in the long run.

And RC4WD has always done their best to make their customers happy. Take it how you want.

Last edited by 666; 07-23-2007 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot the s
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #23
06 Super National Champ

I have 3 sets of RC4WD wheels here.

Tried the M2K test on them.

They all need to be machined down like E TypeR posted in post #5 to hold the M2K.

Not a problem, though. I have a lathe.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well lets see, there were a ton of Axial beadlocks at yesterdays comp, at least 15+ rigs running them, pretty much every single person spun a hex if not 2.

My beef is not holding beads, that can be fixed on any rim, it is just plain holding up in the long run.

And RC4WD has always done their best to make their customers happy. Take it how you want.

My RC4WD wheels held onto my M2Ks just fine.

I bought them used so I don't know if they were fixed by a previous owner or RC4WD, regardless, they work and like 666 stated, you don't have to worry about the hex.

After seeing so many of the Axial wheels fail at our comp, I won't be purchasing any.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post

I bought them used so I don't know if they were fixed by a previous owner or RC4WD, regardless, they work and like 666 stated, you don't have to worry about the hex.
They were fixed by the previous owner. Remember I lost a bead at my first comp with Stinky?
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
They were fixed by the previous owner. Remember I lost a bead at my first comp with Stinky?

Vaguely, that's been a while!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:

After seeing so many of the Axial wheels fail at our comp, I won't be purchasing any.

yea but if you think about it RC4wD are 100$ and you still have to modify them for them to work properly.And if you dont have acess to a lathe you have to pay someone to do it for you!that cost even more money! on the other hand axials are 50$ half of what the RC4WDs are and they hold the beed on tires better than the RC4WD. You are right the hexs do strip its happen to me on 3 of my wheels but CA glu is only like 6$,you can glue the hex onto the whell and it will never fail, and you can do this at home with out a lathe. If you pay for 100$ worth of wheels thats what you should be getting,not 50$ worth.I dont even think you can compare them both being that ones are 50 and the others are 100.Like they say you get what you pay for! but not in the case of the RC4wDs! AND THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AND NO ONE HAS TO LISTEN TO IF THEY DONT WANT TO.
nitromtcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #28
MODERHATER™

I listened.

Alot of the guys that spun the hexes in the Axials had them glued, JB welded or epoxied. Still spun.

I just ground my rims with a grinder, it could be done with a belt sander too, or a Dremel, a file maybe?

Ask RC4WD about an issue with their rims, they will fix it.

What do you think Axial will say?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Thanks for shopping?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I listened.

Alot of the guys that spun the hexes in the Axials had them glued, JB welded or epoxied. Still spun.

I just ground my rims with a grinder, it could be done with a belt sander too, or a Dremel, a file maybe?

Ask RC4WD about an issue with their rims, they will fix it.

well you colorado guys break everything!! yea true but you are paying 100 for something that dosent work properly.I think since RC4wD has such a good custumer service or if they cared about what people have to say about their products they would have fixed this long ago. unless im not informed RC4wd have been selling the same rims with the same problems,but like i said i could be misinformed(sp).Ok 666 tell me about something you bought that you havent broke yet? im just kidding!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks for shopping?

yea most likely!! or come again!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #32
[HOONIGAN]

Yeah I was loving my axials when they were spinning so bad I had three wheel drive on the finals course of yesterdays comp. The friction of the wheel spinning and the stub not spinning also caused the lock nut to come completely off (even though I tightened it before that run) then literally puting me in three wheel drive as the wheel falls off. Needless to say I'm not very impressed and don't really want to run something that could fail me in a comp like it did yesterday. Luckily I still tied Tim for the lowest score on that course and didn't loose any standings, I would have been even more pissed if I lost a position because of them.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #33
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromtcrawler View Post
well you colorado guys break everything!! yea true but you are paying 100 for something that dosent work properly.I think since RC4wD has such a good custumer service or if they cared about what people have to say about their products they would have fixed this long ago. unless im not informed RC4wd have been selling the same rims with the same problems,but like i said i could be misinformed(sp).Ok 666 tell me about something you bought that you havent broke yet? im just kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4wd View Post
If you have any issues with our wheels, please send us an email along with your order #...
Did you miss that?

I have never broke my Proline 23mm beadlocks, or my JRH 3013's, my SW2, my Mamba Max's, my 5955's(when used properly), I could go on and on....

Us Crawlerado guys break stuff because we use our stuff, no shelf queens here. I would like to think everyone does but evidently they do not, because they are satisfied with mediocre parts.

Technically your having to spend money on a part that does not work too, right?

I'm not kidding!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #34
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
Yeah I was loving my axials when they were spinning so bad I had three wheel drive on the finals course of yesterdays comp. The friction of the wheel spinning and the stub not spinning also caused the lock nut to come completely off (even though I tightened it before that run) then literally puting me in three wheel drive as the wheel falls off. Needless to say I'm not very impressed and don't really want to run something that could fail me in a comp like it did yesterday. Luckily I still tied Tim for the lowest score on that course and didn't loose any standings, I would have been even more pissed if I lost a position because of them.
Yes we dubbed a new term because of that, what was it? Dual slippers? Axial slipper? I can't remember but it was funny!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #35
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Yes we dubbed a new term because of that, what was it? Dual slippers? Axial slipper? I can't remember but it was funny!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #36
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
"You didnt tighten your wheel nut."

True story they actually told me this.

and yeah the glue didnt help broke free yesterday and i had one front wheel and one rear wheel spinning hexs.
COOOOOL!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Did you miss that?

I have never broke my Proline 23mm beadlocks, or my JRH 3013's, my SW2, my Mamba Max's, my 5955's(when used properly), I could go on and on....

Us Crawlerado guys break stuff because we use our stuff, no shelf queens here. I would like to think everyone does but evidently they do not, because they are satisfied with mediocre parts.

Technically your having to spend money on a part that does not work too, right?

I'm not kidding!

Like i said i was just kidding and its only my poin of view.Belive here in CRAWLERFORNIA we use our stuff and we break tons of stuff.And i never said i was happy with my axials!?Yes you are righ im spending money on something that does not work properly, but its only half of what you spent!

And yes i read what RC4wD said but, i also saw that they did not answer your question, or did they? Ok i have to agree with you here because we both like tons of other people baught something that dint work how it was supposed to. but i payed less!!:-PJ/K but what i will say is that i will never buy Axial or RC4WD beedlocks again! i think a set of MSDs are on my future.And 666 if you think here in Socal we are a bunch of shelf queeners you should come check out one of our comps!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #38
MODERHATER™

Never said you didn't crawl. Maybe your taking me wrong. Also never said you guys were shelf queeners either. I know what kidding means and noted that and I am just giving my point of view. I guess I will stop now.

And I would love to check one of your comps out sometime, I love hard courses and challanges.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #39
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromtcrawler View Post
i think a set of MSDs are on my future.

huh, 666?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #40
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
huh, 666?
Like I said, I will be running RC4WD rims for now.

Ericksons are great rims, just not for me.

Last edited by 666; 07-23-2007 at 03:57 PM.