Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: best alan tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #61
cherry bomb

I broke my first integy driver, lucky for my it broke closer to the handle so i'll be able to grind a flat spot into it and re-install it.

I still say integy drivers, i've been using this set for a long time, they are the small handle version, i'll be getting a set of them with the larger handles soon.

fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

proline tools
bigg rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
I broke my first integy driver, lucky for my it broke closer to the handle so i'll be able to grind a flat spot into it and re-install it.

I still say integy drivers, i've been using this set for a long time, they are the small handle version, i'll be getting a set of them with the larger handles soon.

I have to agree I have put these same ones threw the ringer without a problem yet.
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

I've had the same set of MIP Thorp hex for quite a few years without any problems.
Airmaxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

My first set of RC tools was handed down from a buddy. They were Integy. Broke many. Rounded many. Junk.

Bought a set of Losi a couple years back. Never had a problem. Use them for a fleet of 7 RCs.

Now I have some Wiha for my Micro stuff. Very nice but skinny handles. Good for what I use them for.

Wera makes some very, very nice tools. Best Philips and Flat blade drivers ever. They have hex stuff but haven't tried them. I expect they are exceptional.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #66

My first good set was integy, they were good, exept for the small ones shattering in the pinions. I wanted a little more grip to the handles for the bigger sizes so I went to AE factory team next. I thought the tips fit a little loose and rounded easy (they are the silver tipped ones). started putting the integy tips in the ae handles.

I would like to get a new set, as my daughter needs some tools now. I am looking into the EDS line, from what I hear they are a very good quaility tool. so far the only place I see them offered is directly though EDS. Is there another place to buy them?
notproyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post

Huh Ive never seen it break so far up. Im using 7 in 1 tool by team losi its good so far but havnt had it very long yet
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

I know many of Integy's parts suck, but I have been using Integy hex drivers for years with no problem. In fact, I just bought a new set and handed my old ones down to my 12 year old son.

Randy
racerrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

this set cant be beat http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #70
cherry bomb

the integy drivers have been great, i'm still using them, I am probably going to go pick up a set of the large handle ones, and the small handle ones will end up in my field bag.

racerandy made a comment about integys parts sucking, but their tools being alright, they only issue i've had (other then the photo above) is one stripped set screw hole (unfortunatly it was in the driver that broke above... the shaft is JB welded in now. holding up so far)

I have yet to round over a tip, or even strip the head of a screw (using the propper size and making sure it's fully engaged helps a TON)

I have a friend with the dynomite drivers (no issues with these either), I was thinking of getting a set but I really like the ti-coated tips...
Old 02-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I've been using Dynamite's hex drivers for about 2 years now...http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hex-Driver-Set

Real cheap...around $15 shipped and I used them to build 3 SCX-10s, an AX-10 that I continually keep working on, and also a Baja SS.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #72
cherry bomb

finaly broke down and bought my large handle set, they are very stout, all the shafts are thick, unlike the small handle set some of the shafts are like 2mm at best.

they come in a very nice case, I was originaly goign to use my small handle set for my field tools, but this case makes it to convieniant.

compared to my small handle set (one is shorter cause its the one with the shaft I broke)

Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #73

I got the dynamite kit its great they ratchet which is a real nice feature and nnot expensive either.
YJeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #74

Only the Best Snap-on!
Set, Screwdriver, Electronic, Miniature, Hex, 7 pcs.
Stock #: SGDEH70
Skipdog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

If you are looking for quality nut or hex driver take a look at Felo, Whia, or Wera tools. Germans/Swiss know how to build quality tools. I recently started getting Felo screwdriver for my shop and they are amazing. I'll take them over Snap-On any day. Price-wise they are about the same maybe a bit less then snap-on. I've had good luck getting mine from Chadstoolbox.com - website is crude to say the least, works best to browse the .pdf catalogs and then search for the item numbers.
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #76

I use the red aluminum handle Dynamite allen's. They are a bit pricey at just about 6 bucks each, but they are yet to strip on me. Perfect for emergency trail repairs.
Luvs2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

I just got a Bondhus 1.27mm ball end driver for doing LNC beadlocks. The shaft was slightly warped after doing two wheels, but the ball didn't snap off.
MonkeyRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #78
SuperShafty.com

i use MIP tools, and i dont think i will ever try something else. they are machined tips from what seems like took steel, or drill blanks. i love them becuase i can put them in my power screw driver. i can also put the tips in a handle i got form harbow freight for when i dont want to strip things.

http://www.rjrcooltools.com/mip.cfm
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

I see recomendations for all brands of tools. The topic is "best allan tools". Integy is not the best at anything. Nor is Dynamite.

If you have never used a driver worth $10-15 each, you have never used the best.

I have both and it is very easy top choose when you have used both. I am actually scared to use my Integy drivers for fear of breaking a tip off in the head and then having to get the dremel out.

Snap-on is good but not the best. You pay a good chunk for their name. I would still use em.

Hudy... great stuff but too much $$$ again paying for name. Glad to use these too.

Wera... my #1 choice

MIP has awesome steel.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote