Notices

Thread: multiplaz 3500,worth look

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question multiplaz 3500,worth look

Multiplaz 3500

videos
Multiplaz. Welding, Cutting, Soldering, Brazing...

wondering if the cost would be worth for what it does and the fact there is no use of the different gasses needed for each type of job?
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #2

Default Re: multiplaz 3500,worth look

Well from what I've found Its not something I would use for a few reasons. The initial price seems to be fairly good though. I would not wanna buy this though because it seems to lack quality in the work being done. The welds from there own product demos are not the best. Compare them with a demo from a company like miller and you will see.

Also the cuts don't seem to be very clean and a wide kerf compared to a plasma or a nice clean torch.

Its hard to put a good value on a multi tool though. But when it comes down to it its low quality for welding, brazing and cutting and I would have to say it would work pretty good for soldering, but for that kind of money you can also pick up a decent TIG machine that can weld 10 times better and a decent Torch set that would braze better and solder and cut MS but nothing else.

$1700 for a new miller Tig machine, its hard to say what you would really pay though. Im sure that you wont be able to get this unit any cheaper. I was able to pick up a dynasty 200DX worth $7100 for $4000 brand new.

The main thing that would turn me off is the price of the consumables. $6.50 for Tips and $6.25 for cathodes. I tend to replace my consumables as soon as they give me a slight problem with the work I'm doing and that is only possible because they are cheap and I try to build on a high quality reputation in my products.

As for the gasses for each job I use a TIG gas called Altig from my supply company and its suitable for steel, stainless and aluminum and i have also has sucess with copper and Some brass using just the one gas. As for cutting I use a grinder and dremal most of the time rather than plasma just to get a nice clean cut.

Its always interesting to see new technologies in a field of interest or employment, But I think I would wait a bit on this one to see where it goes.

Sorry for wall of text but this is just my opinion. Its hard to say what will be good for you compared to whats good for me with only a hobby in common
trwelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would go with either:

A.Dedicated machines for each process

B.On of the more traditional multi process machines

Check out everylast welders, for a hobby user they are more than adequate. I have one of their TIG machines and it has been flawless and I am very happy with the quality for what I paid for it. They have 3 in 1 machines that people have been having good luck with.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
I would go with either:

A.Dedicated machines for each process

B.On of the more traditional multi process machines

Check out everylast welders, for a hobby user they are more than adequate. I have one of their TIG machines and it has been flawless and I am very happy with the quality for what I paid for it. They have 3 in 1 machines that people have been having good luck with.
Those everylast welders look to be a pretty good deal. Nice and cheap with 3 year warranty.

I like how their multi-process is under $2000 and gives SMAW GTAW and PAC.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwelds View Post
Those everylast welders look to be a pretty good deal. Nice and cheap with 3 year warranty.

I like how their multi-process is under $2000 and gives SMAW GTAW and PAC.
Yea, they are a great value. When I was looking it was either go with one of these smaller "unknown" companies or buy a used name brand unit. I would have loved to buy a nice brand new miller unit but for my needs it was way overkill (having a TIG is really not necessary for me, more for fun) and at less than 1/2 the price it was a good deal for sure.

I have probably had it for close to a year and I have not had one real issue with it. The pedal is a little cheap but the unit itself is solid.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Before the 80% memory loss and short term being almost a joke,I was taught how to weld from an old Slovenian friend who cold work magic with a mig or a tig machine.
I feel like I know how to but when I go looking for a machine I feel 10 years old and have no knowledge of how to weld which is frustrating as h#ll.
I appreciate the info on that multi machine and am always listening trying to absorb/remember as much as I can,only time will tell with therapy if I regain all my memory banks back....
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
Before the 80% memory loss and short term being almost a joke,I was taught how to weld from an old Slovenian friend who cold work magic with a mig or a tig machine.
I feel like I know how to but when I go looking for a machine I feel 10 years old and have no knowledge of how to weld which is frustrating as h#ll.
I appreciate the info on that multi machine and am always listening trying to absorb/remember as much as I can,only time will tell with therapy if I regain all my memory banks back....
Sorry to hear that. I also have a hard time when it comes time to buying new machines, sure they all look great on paper but welding is one of those things that can be done 1000 ways and all give good end results. Some people like the feel of one set up within the same machine and others like it another way.

I run a portable welding truck for work in the oil and gas industry. There is a hand full of machines that people use here and one of the most popular is the 305G from lincoln. This is the machine that my boss has given me and I hate the way it welds. A lot of people love it but I just cant get the feel for it as I could with my old 300D classic machine.

The only way I will buy a new machine is if I can get some time working with it first. I need to know that its going to work for me. The schools around here use mostly new miller machines which has made it easy for me to buy a miller machine.

I suppose there is another side of this coin in that you also can just take the machine you can get and put enough time in with it to know how its going to weld and react for you, but I'd have to say if you just pick it up and work well with it from day one that it will be a better machine for you to work with.

You could try getting a welding supply company to let you test a machine out or a rental company or a friend to see what is going to work for you. Recently my dad bought a new TIG and they talked Him into a heat control unit that velcro strapped onto the handle of the tig torch. Sounded great over the phone when he told me about it but after trying to weld some headers up with it, it quickly found its way into the trash can. made the torch too heavy and bulky to use for a nice weld. But I'm sure there is some people out there that would swear by it till they was blue in the face.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #8

I got in touch with a welder from a Multiplaz company in California directly and he explained how they really compare to other welders. And when I asked him about using a multiplaz on crawlers he sent me to this feature where people actually used one mid-show to fix a shock. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6587291&type=3

After seeing these photos and thinking about the cleanliness I think multiplaz seem like a good fit for working on site, out and about. The whole kit's only like 30 pounds so that seems pretty convenient.

Here's what he said:
"...Multiplaz cant compete with a MIGs speed or SMAWs strength but blows both out of the water in versatility,consumables, and user friendliness. Once proper training is acquired Multiplaz can produce the same if not better results then these processes.

Now TIG is the only process similar to Multiplaz but yet so different. TIG is very known for its beautiful welds on various materials but is also known to be very costly from gases to tungsten electrodes. This is were Multiplaz once again has the upper hand. No more worrying about running low on gases, contaminating your tungsten tips, or fighting against the wind.Once again when training is aqcuired Multiplaz produces clean beautiful welds just like a TIG but using only water and alcohol.

So Multiplaz is in its own category for users who need to cut and weld with out all the complicated equipment and training. User can enjoy coming up with projects putting them together and or running their own repairs. Apart from the wonderful welding results the cleanliness is unmatchable because Multiplaz uses water and or alcohol to cut or weld utilizing clean non coated filler metal which produces little to no fumes making this suitable in low ventilation areas.(Only produces fumes when using fluxes for aluminum or coppers)..."
Mich_H. is offline   Reply With Quote

multiplaz 3500,worth look - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Return of the 3500!!! BerticusPryme Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 29 11-02-2012 08:20 AM
Traxxas velineon 3500 juttsvw Axial AX10 2nd-gen 30 09-15-2012 10:48 PM
Velineon 3500 set up? arctichorse Axial SCX-10 1 11-11-2010 10:35 PM
my Ram 3500 Nitrorunner General Crawlers 11 07-14-2007 04:14 PM