RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tools, and Procedures (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/)
-   -   What hex drivers you using? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/594708-what-hex-drivers-you-using.html)

JatoTheRipper 05-23-2018 10:22 AM

Re: What hex drivers you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcagno45 (Post 5834780)
Bingo bango Dodge Durango! Both snapped off where at the edge. I still have this last broken driver, I'll snap a pic and post it.

Did you contact them about the breakage? They do have good customer service.

It sounds like it's time for them to revise their design.

calcagno45 05-23-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5834802)
Did you contact them about the breakage? They do have good customer service.

It sounds like it's time for them to revise their design.

I didn't, wasn't going to worry over the $5.99 tip since I grabbed a spare. But definitely not buying anymore 1.5 VP hex drivers.

But agreed, probably should take a look at the design.

Shinchu 05-23-2018 10:58 AM

I'm running this old xcelite kit i inherited. it works but its ollllld. Natedog was scared to watch me use them at proline lol
http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/xc...s/99ps41mm.htm
apparently you can still buy them new???

here is how mine look
http://i64.tinypic.com/2u5gco8.jpg

JatoTheRipper 05-23-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcagno45 (Post 5834806)
I didn't, wasn't going to worry over the $5.99 tip since I grabbed a spare. But definitely not buying anymore 1.5 VP hex drivers.

But agreed, probably should take a look at the design.

It's not about the $6 it's more about principle IMO and letting them know. If they get enough people telling them there's an issue it might trigger them to change the design.

If nobody ever reports a breakage they won't know there's an issue. That's my thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinchu (Post 5834813)
I'm running this old xcelite kit i inherited. it works but its ollllld. Natedog was scared to watch me use them at proline lol
http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/xc...s/99ps41mm.htm
apparently you can still buy them new???

here is how mine look

I remember those! My dad had one of those sets when I was a kid.

Shinchu 05-23-2018 11:11 AM

yup they belonged to my granduncle so they might be around 1940's or 50's. he collected tools like stamps or coins! i got most of them. he wouldn't have it any other way. thanks Buzz!

GTSLOW 06-08-2018 08:03 AM

Could anyone give insight on MIP versus LURC tools? How do they compare?

Frank211 06-08-2018 10:08 AM

Ive had these for a year , i don't like the handle, nor the the shafts slidin in N out, the black cap thing on moves a lot, downfall for me tho.
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180608/ri5esn44.jpg

After a 1.5 hex rounded out a screw, i bought the MIP 1.5 , can't go wrong with M.I.P

RustyUs 06-10-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam1sstang (Post 5812208)
I use nothing but INTEGY ones myself. And have for years. They are great quality, and they offer replacement tips for them as well if you should break or strip them. Custom Crawlerz sells a great selection of their tools at the Best prices around. I would recommend them to anyone that asked all day..

If you have any questions, let me know. I can get anything INTEGY for you and save you bundles..

Jeff@CustomCrawlerz
www.customcrawlerz.com

I've been using Integy hex drivers almost as long as they have been in business. I picked up a couple of pieces in 1994. A 0.05", 1/16", 5/64", and 3/32" being used for my Team Associated buggy. I've put many kits together, and done countless hours of maintenance over the years. This year, I put my (circa 1994) 0.05" tip to rest. I can't believe it lasted this long. For that reason, I will always recommend Integy hex allen wrenches. I even got the C22301 set to complete my metric hex wrench needs.

jstein87 06-17-2018 09:20 AM

The MIP set is very high quality. I bought this set and its well worth the $$$.

I had started piecing together a snap on set with the black hard handles but I dont think they make them anymore and they are hard to get ahold of. The MIPs I have are actually better quality than the Snap On IMO.

UncleJohn 07-15-2018 04:13 PM

I have a variety of hex drivers and I like my Wera Kraftform drivers the best. They have a comfortable handle and the tips wear very well.

r.shackleford 08-21-2018 12:31 PM

MIP drivers

I have some that are 20 yrs old

lasllcap@gmail.com 08-21-2018 03:52 PM

nothing but Whia and Snap-on in my tool crib

MAGNUMB 09-04-2018 08:01 PM

Hudy has the best spring steel out and the lightweight handle is a joy to use. MIP are quality also, but not and nice in the hand and feel of Hudy spring steel is much better, torquing is easier as the steel gives better feedback...the taper in the steel is what gives it better feedback

HUDY profiTOOLS are based on highly-successful HUDY Professional Tools used by RC factory teams and world champions. Each tool has a special, CAD-designed tip made of world-renowned HUDY Spring Steel™ to very precisely fit the corresponding fastener, allowing unmatched torque and long life. New lightweight, comfortable molded hollow handles with machined hubs are designed to allow easy tip exchange.

odomandr 09-05-2018 09:52 AM

I upgraded to the MIP orange handle hex and nut drivers. I liked them enough to grab the MIP speed bits as well as a dewalt gyro driver. I really like the speed bits with the gyro driver for tear down but also realized that they are perfect for traveling too. Airlines require they assembled driver be less than 7 inches. The gyro almost got me in trouble returning home in August but I found this finger ratchet to use with the MIP speed bits. its perfect for travel....http://a.co/d/2n13sBi

scithera 09-14-2018 09:32 PM

MIP all the way. I've had a set of the orange handle hex drivers and the speed bits. Use them on all my cars/trucks/helis. I do also have a set of Team Associated hex drivers that I bought over 15 years ago that have also held up great.

mtnmarc 09-21-2018 11:24 AM

Snap on.

If anything starts rounding I have them warrantied.

Stonewall 10-21-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZCompany (Post 5793336)
I've got a set of the team losi hex drivers with replaceable tips that I've had for around ten years. Never had one bad go yet. Although i don't replace the tips when they're worn. I take them to work and cut off about .050" with an endmill in the Bridgeport mill to get back where the hex isn't worn. Don't use a grinder to do it however, the heat softens the steel and your guaranteed a strip out then.

Love mine too, but too short, imo

Derr429 11-10-2018 10:21 PM

I like the MIP tools. I’ve used dynamite before and they did good for awhile and then stared to round off one by one.

YellowRabbit 11-25-2018 06:05 PM

I use Wiha and have never had a problem (granted I’m not a power user at home).

We also use Wiha at work and they get abused pretty hard but still work after 10+ years.

ussprinceton2004 11-26-2018 07:20 AM

I use MIP hex drivers