Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Summit with rx8 2250kv combo pics and vid!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Summit with rx8 2250kv combo pics and vid!

Here's a little look at my summit!

Upgrades:
Tekin RX8
2250kv motor
Steel center driveshafts
40 series rock crushers on axial bead locks
(2) 2s maxx amps 6500 mah lipos, 150c
17t pinion on the way
Hd slipper on the way
Custom paint

Video
Traxxas Summit RX8 first run - YouTube
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up Re: Summit with rx8 2250kv combo pics and vid!

wow
robynhoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Summit with rx8 2250kv combo pics and vid!

Looks great! I want to get a hold of some crushers and cut the heck out of the tread.
m4rK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Those tires are HUGE! How does it handle with them on it?
durwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Handles fairly well for such big tires, I smoked my slipper clutch tho so I'm looking for a heavy duty one that will hold up. This thing is a beast! It needs a wheelie bar for sure, and also I need to get a tekin link cable to fine tune the esc... I just tap the brakes and it locks up and does a front flip.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Try out the robinson racing slipper for the summit/e-revo.
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #7

that thing is bad ass! nice job man..
Wi_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

It sounds like the pinion/spur mesh is WAY to tight. That can cause Heat. Otherwise way to go thanks for the vid. It looks fun.
D_Frawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I installed the HD traxxas slipper rebuild kit and also a 17t pinion... Took it out today and it was F'n insane!!! ...for about 15 minutes anyway. I broke the left rear axle. Prolly happened from jumping it and landing on that tire.

I know what your all gonna say... "your slipper isn't adjusted right" no, I don't want some of the power from my summit, I want all of it. Now. It's not the slippers fault, it's the weak axles fault. My driving style demands my parts to hold up, or get upgraded.

Now comes the task of finding new axles that will hold up to my severe beatings. MIP of course popped into my head first. It looks like they are hit or miss, from reviews I've seen about them. They fracture easy, they bend... Well, I go big or go home. So my question is, what is THE best axles to put on the summit? The strongest, most reliable, unbreakable axles. If they don't exist yet, has anyone thought about making theyre own? Or possibly contacting a company to make some bulletproof parts?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
I broke the left rear axle. Prolly happened from jumping it and landing on that tire.

I know what your all gonna say... "your slipper isn't adjusted right" no, I don't want some of the power from my summit, I want all of it. Now. It's not the slippers fault, it's the weak axles fault. My driving style demands my parts to hold up, or get upgraded.

Or possibly contacting a company to make some bulletproof parts?
Couple things stand out here.

You were jumping a highly modified Summit, along with some silly large tires and you think someone wants to step up and build a "bulletproof" set? There will always be people who will abuse whatever they own. You are playing with a 12lb truck with a couple pounds are rotating mass, then you landed it off to one side and are looking for something stronger? Huh, you should try learning to handle the power you've got and then try and drive that leg breaker with some respect for what you've got there.

I blame Traxxas...you should to. Show them what mods you've done and those huge tires spinning at 50+mph. They'll be sure to rush out those free parts.

Btw, that broken axle is less than $20 to replace. That's alot cheaper to replace even more often than the bulletproof ones you wish for.
BigBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I didnt ask for free parts... or a smart ass reply for that matter. I know my driving style isnt easy on stuff, which is why I posted this in the first place. Its not like im "out of control" when I drive it like you think. I drive things to there limit and beyond, but im not a 5 year old, I know what Im doing. I also never asked how cheap I could fix it for, I dont care if a good set costs $500. All I asked was which ones were the strongest, Idk if theres any company out there that I havent heard of, or MIP is the only semi good ones. Thats all I want to know, thanks.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Lol
Summit is Beast!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Just watched ure vid...u shouldve just bought an erevo. Dont see why people put that much speed in a summit.?!? I love mine stock...the way its going to stay!!! Lol
Summit is Beast!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Well I know for a fact that tranny won't ever have a prob in my scx with half the voltage and about a quarter the rotating mass
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I dont know if you have seen this or not Summit F. A. Q.

Your summit is just how I want mine to be. They are waay too slow stock IMO
Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

MIP's will be here Tuesday... I will make a new video next week with the new pinion and slipper, it runs a lot better.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #17

Hey swezy, I think your summit is pretty cool and I love those tires man! Ignore the rude and wise remarks about putting more power to your summit and wanting to beef it up and make it stronger. Im currently doing the same thing. Do your thing and best of luck to you. Let me know how those MIP's work out.
Ricky2Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky2Toes View Post
Hey swezy, I think your summit is pretty cool and I love those tires man! Ignore the rude and wise remarks about putting more power to your summit and wanting to beef it up and make it stronger. Im currently doing the same thing. Do your thing and best of luck to you. Let me know how those MIP's work out.

Thanks!

I have to figure something out to beef up the diffs now, that seems to be almost the only thing left in the drive train that's not beefed up, and i'm sure they will break soon.

I know the weak part of the diff is the locking part, so I've heard. The erevo is not a locking diff, so I was wondering if the erevo diff would fit in the summit. Then figure a way to permenately lock it. Any thoughts?

I've seen some aluminum ones before, not sure where to get them tho. Dont really care how much they cost, I just want some. In the future I will prolly use some other tires to bash with, and the big tires for slow speeds.

also in the future, Im going to put a Hitec 7980 servo with a cc bec in it and some aluminum upgrade parts.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

The e-revo and the summit have different size bulk-heads (the part that hold the diff) so to add an e-revo diff you would also have to buy an e-revo bulk-head ($5).

When shimmed correctly the e-revo diffs are fairly strong but I hear that the spools (permenant diff locking mechanism) break easily under power. You could entertain ideas of a thicker diff fluid (Ofna diff lock fluid) to give it a more locked behavior.
noir522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
Thanks!

I have to figure something out to beef up the diffs now, that seems to be almost the only thing left in the drive train that's not beefed up, and i'm sure they will break soon.

I know the weak part of the diff is the locking part, so I've heard. The erevo is not a locking diff, so I was wondering if the erevo diff would fit in the summit. Then figure a way to permenately lock it. Any thoughts?

I've seen some aluminum ones before, not sure where to get them tho. Dont really care how much they cost, I just want some. In the future I will prolly use some other tires to bash with, and the big tires for slow speeds.

also in the future, Im going to put a Hitec 7980 servo with a cc bec in it and some aluminum upgrade parts.
A guy in germany makes aluminum diff cups. The guy that tested them out hasnt had a diff fail him yet. I just ordered 2 myself. Its $150 for 2. truckmonster
Ricky2Toes is offline   Reply With Quote

Summit with rx8 2250kv combo pics and vid! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M&M fab crawler on tekin t8/rx8 combo buggy Videos! 3 04-25-2011 08:51 AM