Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Build Complete: Traxxas Telluride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Build Complete: Traxxas Telluride

I'm probably going to do that exact same Teckno shaft on my eventually, as well as the Robinson 56t Slash 4x4 slipper kit, Hot Racing Slash 4x spools (they're in, just have to buy them now), new servo (thinking about one of the 208oz/in waterproof Savox jobs), and once the stock half shafts prove to be a weak point.........the MIP X-CVDs for the Slash 4x.

Then those should then allow for me to indulge in some serious stupidity................an EFlite Power15 outrunner!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2015, 11:50 AM   #42
RCC Addict

I don't think it's necessary, or even really beneficial, to lock both diffs on this vehicle. There's no way to overdrive the front axle, so a little diffing-out on the rear axle allows it to dissipate excess torque while the front axle is trying to climb over an obstacle. With both diffs locked the rear axle will just shove the vehicle into the obstacle the front axle is trying to climb over.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I ordered them as an experiment, still have yet to buy them though.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I don't think it's necessary, or even really beneficial, to lock both diffs on this vehicle. There's no way to overdrive the front axle, so a little diffing-out on the rear axle allows it to dissipate excess torque while the front axle is trying to climb over an obstacle. With both diffs locked the rear axle will just shove the vehicle into the obstacle the front axle is trying to climb over.
Actually, you could run the brushed pede ring and pinion in the rear, and the brushless in the front. They may be too far apart though.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk
mwe-maxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #45
RCC Addict

I thought about that. The difference is too much. (13/37) / (12/47) = 138%. Even running underdrive gears in the rear axle of a Wraith and overdrive gears in the front axle only gives a difference of 129%, and most people don't actually use both optional gear ratios on their Wraiths. A 138% difference in final-drive ratio would make the Telluride usable only as a "hardcore" rock crawler, but it doesn't have the suspension to really succeed as a "hardcore" rock crawler, so it would be kinda pointless.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I thought it might be :(. I know the brushed diffs made a huge difference for my Telly with the 21T titan 550.

I've been pretty happy with mine. Silly putty diffs, brushed ratio, slash arms but zero offset protrac rims, 2.2 trimmed g8 swampers, stock spur and pinion. I love it. Crawls pretty well, still has a bit of bashing speed.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 10-27-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #47
RCC Addict

What do you mean by "2.2 trimmed Swampers"?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:37 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

2.2's trimmed to work on a 2.2/3.0 beadlock. Because they don't offer a 2.2/3.0 in the g8 compound, and I wanted a taller tire so there is more sidewall on the 3.0 side.

The 2.2 g8 swamper is a fair bit taller than the short course swamper. And a better compound.

Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 10-28-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:26 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I started out with a 21t titan from an Emaxx on 3 and 4s, which was great. But they were old and I run through mud a lot, and cooked several quickly. I've since gone to a 2000kv sensored Neewer motor, which seems great. But I haven't run it much.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
2.2's trimmed to work on a 2.2/3.0 beadlock. Because they don't offer a 2.2/3.0 in the g8 compound, and I wanted a taller tire so there is more sidewall on the 3.0 side.

The 2.2 g8 swamper is a fair bit taller than the short course swamper. And a better compound.
Ah, interesting. I've always wondered how to mod a trimmed tire so the trimmed sidewall has a proper bead.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:47 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

With the proline beadlocks it wasn't a problem at all. I've also run trimmed 2.8 badlands on maxximizer 3.2 beadlocks. Some people have created a bead with hot glue so the rings can exert more pressure on the tire, but it was fine for me.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Interesting. Well, I ran my Telluride again today after letting it sit for months, and it's still a fun, simple trail truck. The Badlands tires are great on dirt and rocks with sharp edges for the tread blocks to grab onto, and they provide enough traction on pavement without providing so much that the truck traction-rolls in corners. I think I may need to add a small hole in the roof of the body shell so the truck can sink more effectively when it gets fully submerged, though. Might need to do the same with the dust-cover.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Interesting. Well, I ran my Telluride again today after letting it sit for months, and it's still a fun, simple trail truck. The Badlands tires are great on dirt and rocks with sharp edges for the tread blocks to grab onto, and they provide enough traction on pavement without providing so much that the truck traction-rolls in corners. I think I may need to add a small hole in the roof of the body shell so the truck can sink more effectively when it gets fully submerged, though. Might need to do the same with the dust-cover.
It's not a submarine,or is it?
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:41 AM   #54
RCC Addict

It's not a submarine, but in the event that it hits deep water, it would be better for it to regain traction as quickly as possible.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

We don't let streams stop us!

Old 01-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
wyd
Rock Crawler

fyrstormer you been running your Telluride lately? I have not during the winter as I sold my steering servo but just ordered a new one today actually and will have mine up and running again next week. One of my favorite trucks I have to run. Very versatile as you already know.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Not lately. We got a pile of snow here, and I'm waiting for a Kyosho Blizzard to show up in the mail.

I'm also building a second Telluride to go with the first, so I have two mostly-identical loaners for kids to play with at the farm this summer. That way I won't be tempted to risk the nice motor in my Wraith at the hands of a kid who has no concept of throttle control.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #58
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Not lately. We got a pile of snow here, and I'm waiting for a Kyosho Blizzard to show up in the mail.

I'm also building a second Telluride to go with the first, so I have two mostly-identical loaners for kids to play with at the farm this summer. That way I won't be tempted to risk the nice motor in my Wraith at the hands of a kid who has no concept of throttle control.
The Blizzard should be very cool. So you guys got the snow storm too. Here in Harrisburg Pa we where hammered with just a little under 31 inches. Good thing is that its been warmer in the high 40's so I think we have about 15 inches left but at least its melting.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #59
RCC Addict

We got 28 inches where I live. A few miles west where my dad lives they got 34 inches. It's mostly gone now, but cleaning the wall-to-wall parking lots was a huge pain. They had to use bulldozers and backhoes to pile up the snow.

The Blizzard did arrive in time, and I had a chance to run it a few times. I quickly replaced the dual-brushed setup with dual-brushless for a bit more speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUJ3YPVy7M
Old 02-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #60
wyd
Rock Crawler

Wow your Blizzard is awesome. Only good thing is right now its raining pretty good here in Harrisburg and the snow is melting quickly but I hope it don't cause any flooding for anyone.

Build Complete: Traxxas Telluride - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas Telluride FoFF....:) Laker67 Formula Offroad 0 12-03-2013 01:14 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM