Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trx4 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #1

Default Trx4 problem

Hello guys!
First time poster and kind of newbie here!

Ive been building the trx4 chassis kit for the last couple of days and now that im done I see that the body mounts wont fit all the way through the roof rack on the defender body. Ive got the short to long wheelbase kit for the chassis to fit the body but that shouldnt matter. The mounts are extended all the way and surely it should fit right?

Temporarily solution is simply just removing the roof rack, then it works. Not sure if I really want it on or not but it sure is irritating me.

Also, pretty sure I have to rebuild my shocks since they wont retract all the way after I push the whole thing down. Took me several attempts to get the shocks right and identical in the first place but oh well. Might be because of the top heavy defender body also.

Sent fra min IN2023 via Tapatalk

Last edited by suuupermann; 06-04-2022 at 11:24 AM.
suuupermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Trx4 problem

Edited for correct diagnosis below. Thought it was an interference issue... forgot that there are different post lengths for different bodies.

Last edited by high plains drifter; 06-04-2022 at 03:12 PM.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

There's nothing wrong... other than it's the wrong body mount. The one specifically for the Defender has longer posts with 2 holes in them. The mount you have is for the Bronco, etc.

You can either buy the longer mount, or run it without the roof basket. I don't run any of my Defenders with the basket, as it puts like 3oz of weight as high as physically possible.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post
There's nothing wrong... other than it's the wrong body mount. The one specifically for the Defender has longer posts with 2 holes in them. The mount you have is for the Bronco, etc.

You can either buy the longer mount, or run it without the roof basket. I don't run any of my Defenders with the basket, as it puts like 3oz of weight as high as physically possible.
Yeah, ive now realised, will probably run it withouth the roof rack for a while so doesnt really matter. Thanks for helping!

Sent fra min IN2023 via Tapatalk
suuupermann is offline   Reply With Quote

Trx4 problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 sport 12mm hub extension problem trx4_bama_sport Traxxas Crawlers 10 02-03-2020 03:32 PM
trx4 radio problem m1009cucv Electronics 4 09-04-2018 05:39 PM
trx4 reverse problem jahlion247 Traxxas TRX-4 6 07-29-2018 05:21 PM