Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Looking at the front of my Defender noticed wheels slightly off center.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Looking at the front of my Defender noticed wheels slightly off center.

Looking at the front of my Defender,wheels lined up perfectly straight.. noticed wheels slightly off center more towards the passenger side.Will adjusting the cross link between the chassis and the passenger side of the axle tube fix this?
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Looking at the front of my Defender noticed wheels slightly off center.

That is normal with a 3 link/panhard setup. Since the panhard bar moves in an arc, it pushes the axle towards the passenger side as the suspension compresses. The axle is supposed to be centered in the middle of the suspension travel so it should be shifted towards the driver side at full extension and shifted towards the passenger side at full compression.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Looking at the front of my Defender noticed wheels slightly off center.

Excellent mechanical explanation..i did drop the shock spring preload to lower the vehicle for more scale appearance using some 108mm diameter tires..
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking at the front of my Defender noticed wheels slightly off center. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front left shock slightly pushed. westerlycarrot9 Axial SCX10 II 9 12-27-2017 02:16 PM
I just I noticed that when I steer my front tires push steer really bad. I just insta Slashcrazy Axial SCX-10 7 11-07-2017 09:25 AM
has anyone noticed all the flex in the front diff ? mushroom281 Axial Yeti XL 14 12-10-2014 11:02 AM