Notices

Thread: Harley Designs TRX4 Sport Mega Mud Truck Build Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Harley Designs TRX4 Sport Mega Mud Truck Build Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
... If that doesn't work I try to lock the front only and at last resort I lock 'em all.
( In open diff mode ) I like to see the the wheels being spin in lose ground for real feeling. Or you could use your winch climb up if you ever had one.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #22
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
Even with the adjustable drag brake on my X, I often want more brake, and having that other gear can help. I’m usually already in low anyway, so a lot of times it doesn’t even matter, though...
Also, on sections of trail in between technical parts, I feel like the open diffs roll smoother, turn tighter and certainly handle better. I like having the options, and since I haven’t had any issues in the 8 months I’ve had it, I can’t see any real disadvantage, until now, lol! Keeping it simple in the mud!
Win a 4-pole 540 brushless system I rarely ever go more than 50% drag brake. At that amount it will almost lock up the wheels as soon as you throttle off.

The 4PV has a dial on it that easily allows to make extremely fine adjustments quickly on the fly. I usually go around 30% and 0% on a trail rig. I imagine I’ll run no drag on this rig.

The options are cool, but I trail on as technical of terrain as I can most the time and always just try to push it to see what it will do. The unlocked diffs were just never worth the trouble when we ran. Unless I had the option for a true cutting brake, I can’t see me wanting keep them in a rig.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Win a 4-pole 540 brushless system I rarely ever go more than 50% drag brake. At that amount it will almost lock up the wheels as soon as you throttle off.

The 4PV has a dial on it that easily allows to make extremely fine adjustments quickly on the fly. I usually go around 30% and 0% on a trail rig. I imagine I’ll run no drag on this rig.

The options are cool, but I trail on as technical of terrain as I can most the time and always just try to push it to see what it will do. The unlocked diffs were just never worth the trouble when we ran. Unless I had the option for a true cutting brake, I can’t see me wanting keep them in a rig.
Interesting....
I’m running the mamba X and the slate 2850. I’m running the hacked GT3C, I have the channel going from -100% to +100% and even full brake will let the TRX roll down even a 45* slope easily. I have one switch to jump from end to end, and the other switch does +/- 10% increments. I wonder if the radio is the only difference, or if there’s something I can change in the castle link to get more drag brake.

Yeah, a lot of times I forget that I even can open the diffs, lol...
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Now I remember, it was that you onlybrun 2s. Not the brushless thing. But I hardly ever look at brushed any more, brushless needs almost no maintenance and has so much more power. I run my rigs a lot and I run them pretty hard, brushed motors just don’t last long enough for me.

Adjusting drag brake? A Mamba X can remotely adjust it on the fly at .5% increments! I love adjustable drag brake, it’s one of my favorite features in new ESC’s. But I like to do it while maintaining my full range of speed and power.
Brushed motors are for comp rigs. As far as the adjustable drag brake goes, that was the final nail as far as tekin stuff goes for me. I'm going back to Castle esc's for that and the ease of changing settings.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:52 PM   #25
RCC Addict

In my opinion machine Wond one time ( used and throw) brushed motor also very good for trailing and for kids.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote

Harley Designs TRX4 Sport Mega Mud Truck Build Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 Sport build Shawns303 Traxxas TRX-4 15 01-12-2020 08:41 PM
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM
Harley Designs ibex build (no pics) Bmxreeves Tools, and Procedures 10 03-31-2015 06:56 PM
Trigger King R/C Mega Truck Series - Mud Racing thisdougsforu Competitions 0 04-30-2014 01:45 PM