Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Deciding on 4.2 or 4.75....
I like the 4.2 for scale but 4.75 fit the wheels wells so much better. Definitely be using grade rims..

Flat irons

Super swampers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #242
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkvisser View Post
Deciding on 4.2 or 4.75....
I like the 4.2 for scale but 4.75 fit the wheels wells so much better. Definitely be using grade rims..

Flat irons

Super swampers

Bottom gets my vote.

BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:09 AM   #243
Quarry Creeper

If only someone would make a fender flare that would cover part of the existing wheel well, while being a smaller flare.
They would sell like hot cakes.., any rig that likes a smaller (scale) tire, eliminating the huge stock wheel well!!

Please

lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #244

Added for scale reasons these old land rover series style rims and cheap AT’s. Almost like the 110 I drove myself.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Landy TRX 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #245
RCC Addict

Ordered a bunch of locked up rc parts for the axles, also a single speed conversion for the bronco and new wheels, tires and foams

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #246
Quarry Creeper

Did away with rollbar and added scale stuff ..now looks more like a pickup truck .

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #247
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Ordered a bunch of locked up rc parts for the axles, also a single speed conversion for the bronco and new wheels, tires and foams

Curious why you would remove the 2 speed?

BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #248
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Curious why you would remove the 2 speed?

I’m turning it into a bit of a mud truck with brushless power. Also i changed to an airtronics mt44 which only has a 4 channel receiver. So I’m getting rid of the 2 speed, and putting a locker in the rear so I can run a winch

Old 01-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #249
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I’m turning it into a bit of a mud truck with brushless power. Also i changed to an airtronics mt44 which only has a 4 channel receiver. So I’m getting rid of the 2 speed, and putting a locker in the rear so I can run a winch

Lock both diffs keep two speed specially with brushless , nothing like having super low gear if needed and higher gear for wheel spin .
I run a 3800kv in my Bronco on 5.8s and it's nuts on 3s but still have the ability to be under control in low gear .

Mud trucks need wheel spin and lots of it and so much easier to gear too when running two speed .

Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #250
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Lock both diffs keep two speed specially with brushless , nothing like having super low gear if needed and higher gear for wheel spin .
I run a 3800kv in my Bronco on 5.8s and it's nuts on 3s but still have the ability to be under control in low gear .

Mud trucks need wheel spin and lots of it and so much easier to gear too when running two speed .

My reason for keeping the front diff selectable is more for harder surfaces, or for running at higher speed. The open diff should keep if from rolling over as much.

I’m hoping that 5.5 inch pitbull growlers will clear the bronco body. I looked to see how tall the option 2.2 tires are, traxxas does an amazing job at not posting anywhere how tall they are. It’s great, traxxas says they are compatible with the trx4, and that foams are included

Old 01-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #251
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
My reason for keeping the front diff selectable is more for harder surfaces, or for running at higher speed. The open diff should keep if from rolling over as much.

I’m hoping that 5.5 inch pitbull growlers will clear the bronco body. I looked to see how tall the option 2.2 tires are, traxxas does an amazing job at not posting anywhere how tall they are. It’s great, traxxas says they are compatible with the trx4, and that foams are included

The 5.5s will clear Bronco with little trim if running lift kit ...so far no issues at higher speed with both diffs locked turning is ok but I made mine into a monster truck so not so concerned about turning fast .

On 5.5s in pics ...they are perfect fit for Bronco body ,sport body u can run 5.8s

Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #252
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
The 5.5s will clear Bronco with little trim if running lift kit ...so far no issues at higher speed with both diffs locked turning is ok but I made mine into a monster truck so not so concerned about turning fast .

On 5.5s in pics ...they are perfect fit for Bronco body ,sport body u can run 5.8s

Perfect thank you! Yes I have the lift kit, it’s still not installed after a few weeks of having it. But that’s due to looking for upgrades, waiting till payday, and then ordering the upgrades.

I’m going to be running ssd d hole wheels with pitbull growlers and ci 6” double deuce foams

Old 01-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #253
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Perfect thank you! Yes I have the lift kit, it’s still not installed after a few weeks of having it. But that’s due to looking for upgrades, waiting till payday, and then ordering the upgrades.

I’m going to be running ssd d hole wheels with pitbull growlers and ci 6” double deuce foams

I find offset is key in the setup with lift kit ...and it works so nice well build and lots of flex also u will notice each shock has bump stops to get more flex u can cut fronts in half but do not remove cos suspension will bottom out on front axle, rear u can to get more flex but I find same idea cut in half cos if rear removed.it will interfere with body a bit unless it's a sport body .

Old 01-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #254
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Also I cut the bump stops while on the shock with knife just an edge this way u can pop each off if needed with out talking shock apart and pop it back on easily...in pick it's stock size I run no bump stops in rear and cut in half front .

Old 01-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #255
Quarry Creeper

I pulled my new Bronco out of the box and made a storage tote with a PVC rack to keep weight off the tires. My HW 1080 arrived today, but the steering servo won’t be from Amazon until Monday.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:10 AM   #256
I wanna be Dave

(letting the secret outta the bag)

My new Defender (the Defenestrator!) has been inside my apartment for 9 hours and I have yet to open the shrinkwrap...

I spent my time assembling my first set of wheels and tires for it, SSD steel 5-slots with 1.7" RC4WD siped Boggers.

Got some different beadlock rings for my never-been-run LURC Trail Readys with 1.9" RC4WD Ground Hawgs to install tomorrow.

On the way are the HW 1080 ESC, a HH TrailMaster Sport 550 21t, SSD bumpers & servo horn, big capacity 3S Lipo, and paint for detailing.

Gonna experiment with a JX 12V brushless servo that I regret ever getting and have never used, but I can't send the thing back so I may as well.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:56 AM   #257
Pebble Pounder

Removed the tactical body, body mounts & bumpers and ordered the link set to shorten the wheelbase.
Also going to remove to diffs and their servo's
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #258
I wanna be Dave

First wheelset mounted, spare is on a Vaterra plastic wheel. - SSD Steelies and RC4WD 1.7" Interco Boggers, pre-siped:

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

LockedUPRC aluminum servo brace installed. HobbyWing 1080esc installed and settings dialed in. First shake down since I installed the 45t spur / 12t pinion and slipper eliminator, BowHouse LCG battery tray and Pro Modeler ECO Power 400oz water proof servo. This little rig is really starting to come alive!
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Tossed the small rubber for something more entertaining.

Then tossed the big heavy pile of garbage body & bumpers along with the slider extensions the body fit into in favor of something fugly but light.

Tires worked sweet but something a bit more normal was called for. It works real well and oddly enough looks just like a southern mega truck. That's a standard issue tamiya body on an scx10 next to it.

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do to your TRX-4 today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM