Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: New to hobby, quick question.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4
Default New to hobby, quick question.

Hello, I知 new to the hobby and trying to learn as much as I can!

I picked up a TRX-4 Bronco and love the look of a cab, flat bed, and cage look. Has any pictures of that setup been floating around? I just am a bit worried about the inner fenders looking a bit goofy.

Sorry if formatting or spelling is off, I知 on mobile and the site doesn稚 seem to be mobile friendly.
PGH_Brisbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: AU
Posts: 71
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH_Brisbane View Post
Hello, I知 new to the hobby and trying to learn as much as I can!



I picked up a TRX-4 Bronco and love the look of a cab, flat bed, and cage look. Has any pictures of that setup been floating around? I just am a bit worried about the inner fenders looking a bit goofy.



Sorry if formatting or spelling is off, I知 on mobile and the site doesn稚 seem to be mobile friendly.
Sorry I haven't got any help on this topic. But just letting you know that if you download Tapatalk it is mobile friendly and you can use this website.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
pieterv3814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: boise
Posts: 58
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Most of the back half cage builds I've seen have been on the sport which comes without fenders. That being said I'm sure you could trim to fit however you want.
furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #4
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 76
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

As posted above, you'll likely remove the inner fenders for atleast the rear. Theirs a TRX4 pictures only thread that I'm sure you'll find some ideas in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ADlBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:19 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tri-cities, WA
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Yank the inner fenders and stab a pro-line back half kit on it with whatever can suits your fancy. You can likely sell the bronco body and related bumpers etc for enough to buy the new body.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:39 AM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Thanks, I'll give the forum a bit of a search from my computer this morning. I'm thinking I might stay away as I'm not 100% committed on cutting off the fenders. I see myself constantly changing the body and don't think I can commit to hacking things up that can't be reverted.
PGH_Brisbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tri-cities, WA
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

The inner fenders are attached with screws so nothing is permanent.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:37 AM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
The inner fenders are attached with screws so nothing is permanent.
Thanks! I'll have to take a look. Aren't they attached to the body posts? Assuming I won't need the body posts if I go with a back cage?
PGH_Brisbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Butler, Pa
Posts: 570
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH_Brisbane View Post
Thanks! I'll have to take a look. Aren't they attached to the body posts? Assuming I won't need the body posts if I go with a back cage?

First welcome buddy it's nice to see another local guy here. I am in the Butler area.

Yes you are correct the inner fenders do have the mounts on them. You would have to get the option shock mounts that are on the Defender.

If you don't know you are close to the best Local Hobby Shop (LHS) in western Pa. It's called Hobby Express in Cranberry. They should have everything you need. Give them a try.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #10
Rock Stacker
 
FastMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 68
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Spend $8 and buy the sport shock towers (TRA8216), or buy another set of fenders to hack up ($16 TRA8072)
FastMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
First welcome buddy it's nice to see another local guy here. I am in the Butler area.

Yes you are correct the inner fenders do have the mounts on them. You would have to get the option shock mounts that are on the Defender.

If you don't know you are close to the best Local Hobby Shop (LHS) in western Pa. It's called Hobby Express in Cranberry. They should have everything you need. Give them a try.
That's where I picked the Bronco up from! I work out near the airport but live near Monroeville. So, it's a bit of a hike. There are a few local hobby shops I have visited since picking it up. They are all very helpful!

Thanks for the suggestions, I love the look of the cab and back cage or bed and wanted something that can be changed around without permanently committing to something.

Got any good crawling spots/groups around the Pittsburgh area?
PGH_Brisbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Butler, Pa
Posts: 570
Default Re: New to hobby, quick question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH_Brisbane View Post
That's where I picked the Bronco up from! I work out near the airport but live near Monroeville. So, it's a bit of a hike. There are a few local hobby shops I have visited since picking it up. They are all very helpful!

Thanks for the suggestions, I love the look of the cab and back cage or bed and wanted something that can be changed around without permanently committing to something.

Got any good crawling spots/groups around the Pittsburgh area?
That is a little hike for you. I unfortunately don't know of any around Pittsburgh area. There's a local guy here trying to start up a club. He has a good amount of property and already has a small course setup. Through some of guys at Hobby Express I am hoping that they put something together to go out to one of the state parks
If you have any questions feel free to ask away. Who knows we might be able to meet up sometime
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



New to hobby, quick question. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quick question kgb424 Paint and Body 4 08-31-2015 08:00 PM
Need an idea for quick motor I can pick up at hobby shop for spare chattinfarms Electronics 3 10-02-2013 03:24 PM
California Gun owners. Quick question, need a quick answer. Szczerba Chit Chat 8 11-23-2010 12:35 AM
i have a quick question logoris Newbie General 3 05-07-2008 05:01 PM
Quick Question... asking for quick answer.. JeeperoManiako Electronics 0 10-13-2006 06:47 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com