Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Must Have Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2020, 07:53 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Must Have Mod

Originally Posted by trxrdr17
[QUOTE=trxrdr17;6013134]I have have a HobbyWing AXE 540 1200kv Combo and Savox SA1231SG already in mine, they other 3 servos are stock for now. I still need to get a body to finish mine off. Everyone got me thinking about a weight kit. I may have to get some upgraded rims, tires and foam. What does everyone like?[/QUOTE

I love my ProLine BF Goodrich Krawler T/As with Crawler Innovations "Li'l Nova" dual stage foams. The Krawlers grab really well on the rocks here in SW Mo. I've ran both compounds and can say they both perform great. After I got mine, 2 of my buddies put 'em om their rigs too. And the CI foams are awesome! I run the comp cut centers with medium outers and they give nice tread flex without the sidewalls smashing too much.
Wheels are a personal preference thing, and there are as many opinions as there are choices ..... but I DO like my GearHead slots.

jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 04-14-2020 at 03:08 PM. Reason: doh!
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Hands down, replace the steering servo first. After that what mods you "need" will depend on how you use the truck.

The stock tires are alright, but the stock foams are awful and breakdown quickly, especially if you get them wet.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf750rider View Post
My 1st (and IMO best) mod was addition of the ebay switch to turn rig on/off without removing body. Cheap simple little lever, but totally loved everyday!

That lever thing works great for people running the XL5 ESC, problem is the XL5 is weak and a lot of them get replaced early on. In any case you should always unplug the battery when the truck is not in use.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedesertplumber View Post
If it were me I would get rid of them lockers and go with full spools. Better for crawling and more reliable. Less weight removing extra servo also.
I have found the lockers to be very reliable. I haven't seen many issues with them at all. They also are handy because you can use them to act somewhat like a dig.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #25

If it was literally ONE thing, for me a metal steering horn.

But if we consider steering "one" system then the whole enchilada is what I pick - horn, servo, BEC. Plus toss in the high clearance steering linkage so it doesn't rub the diff cover.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
If it was literally ONE thing, for me a metal steering horn.

But if we consider steering "one" system then the whole enchilada is what I pick - horn, servo, BEC. Plus toss in the high clearance steering linkage so it doesn't rub the diff cover.
I just ordered an adjustable metal steering horn. Maybe I'll get clearance from the steering linkage for free!

I definitely need to find a pair of bumpers to go with this body. Some upgraded wheel and tires too. This escalated quickly, just like every other R/C, HA!
trxrdr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trxrdr17 View Post
This escalated quickly, just like every other R/C, HA!

That's a fact!
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

What steering servo is recommended to replace the stock one? I get mine wet so would need waterproof/resistant
mcap is offline   Reply With Quote

Must Have Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you prefer the Chino mod over the O-Ring mod or vice-versa? Digital RC4WD Trail Finder 2 1 01-18-2018 02:22 PM
Front Dig Mod,steering mod & pushbar TheButcher69 General Crawlers 1 11-06-2006 06:32 PM