Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Seeking opinions on D110 aeshetics... yes/ no

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2023, 12:51 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Seeking opinions on D110 aeshetics... yes/ no

Pretty dumb question but I'm just not sure where I sit on this so thought I'd bring it to the court of public opinion. ( And believe me, I realize that the Defender D110 is WELL played out at this point.. even for people that might have liked the look when the TRX4 hit the scene.. there's too damn many of em).

But anyway... Regarding the headlight brush guards... Yes or no? I can't decide if I like the look with the guards or not. Any thoughts/ opinions?

This style:

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2023, 01:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Seeking opinions on D110 aeshetics... yes/ no

Still one of my favorite bodies. Can't say why, just like the way it rolls and wallows down the trail. Custom paint improves it 100%.

I prefer a clean look myself, shows off the lights. I do think guards looks nice though, they fit this body perfectly.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:56 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I appreciate your thoughts, OSRC. I feel the same way.. like the look with and without. I just replaced the stock decal "lights" with LED bulbs and faux clear/ orange signal lights but I had these guards laying around and thought I might give em a shot. Again... Thanks greatly for taking the time to take a look and comment.

Shame no other replies...
Old 08-23-2023, 07:54 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Not big on the guards myself. Kinda gimmicky. I miss my defender body but can’t bring myself to putting it back on. Too many changes made to make it how it is now.

It is a shame that replies are few and far between anymore. I wish I had more time to tinker and mess around on the forum. Having that 3rd baby really slowed me down. Have only ran my rig 1 time for about 20mins since USTE in March. That’s ok tho. He’s already hooked on the trucks. Just waiting for him to be able to run them
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Always nice to see you round these parts, Justin. Hope that the growing family is well and I can sure imagine that three little ones are taking up a whole lot of your time. Just think though, in a blink of an eye they'll be graduating high school then giving you grandchildren! ( Hopefully not on the same day though).

I think that between you and OSRC I've got what I need. I'm going to leave 'em off for now. I've done a good deal of accessorizing on this rig already and don't really "need" to add more just for the sake of it. Already have a '78 Carisma Ford body that'll be going onto this chassis before too long anyway.

Y'all take care and thanks again for your input. Sincerely appreciate it.

Seeking opinions on D110 aeshetics... yes/ no - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking your expert opinions! FnFancy Newbie General 4 09-24-2018 12:50 PM
new seeking advice jaredcrawler185 Newbie General 3 03-16-2013 07:58 PM
Seeking Electronic Guru's Opinions! armycrawler101st Electronics 6 07-24-2011 09:29 PM