Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > U4RC

Notices

Thread: U4RC A-Main Speedway Series info and update thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default U4RC A-Main Speedway Series info and update thread.

U4RC Rock Racing Series presented by AXIAL RACING and PITBULL TIRES is coming to Pueblo Co!

A-Main Speedway
in Pueblo Co. is pleased to announce the start of a U4RC Rock Racing Series coming on Oct. 12th.

If you have not seen what U4RC Rock Racing is all about, please visit our facebook page, wth tons of photos. https://www.facebook.com/Ultra4rc

Also, for all other track info and questions please visit the A-Main Speedway facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/amain.speedway?fref=ts

A-main Speedway and U4RC hope to see you at the rock races.
Attached Images

Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: U4RC A-Main Speedway Series info and update thread.

NEW RULES!!!!!!!!!!! As of 11/1/13

U4RC’s main focus is to provide hobbyists an avenue to race r/c vehicles in as similar and “scale” fashion as possible to full size rock racing. There can be both, endurance themed and short course style tracks designed. It is the intention of U4RC to showcase the r/c rig’s capabilities, not the physical condition of the driver, as much as possible. Meaning that, “these are r/c car races, not human foot races”. Courses will be designed with the intent of “equal chance for all”, as much as possible. It has to look like something you would see on a 1:1 trail, race, or street rig.

All Classes:

MOA are not allowed. Non-scale race-track style vehicles are not allowed. Battery must be chassis mounted, and hidden in a scale fashion. Electric powered vehicles only. No Comp, short course, cut n shut, or pin tires allowed. A tire for the U4RC must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. Rigs not meeting specific class specs will be placed in the fairest class possible at the judge’s discretion.

1.9 Trail:

This class is for 1.9” tire clad vehicles that are box stock thru highly modified. Vehicle must be scale in appearance. Rim diameter must not exceed 1.9”at any point. No short course style rims allowed. Vehicles must have (2) solid axles. Vehicles must have rail style, tube, or twin vertical plate chassis. This class requires the rig to have a scale body like your typical 1.9 “scale”rig or TUFF Truck. Wheelbase must not exceed 13” and track width must not exceed 10”.

1.9 Competitor:

This class is for 1.9” tire clad rigs that are highly modified and resemble full size race vehicles. Vehicle must be scale in appearance for rock-race style racing. This class includes rigs running plastic chassis and/or roll cages. Open to any shaft driven, non-moa axle configuration. Single or double solid axle or independent suspension is allowed. Rim diameter must not exceed 1.9” at any point. Short course style rims are not allowed. Rail style, tub style and tube chassis’ are allowed. Wheelbase must not exceed 13” and track width must not exceed 11”. Rear steering is allowed.

2.2 Competitor:

This class is for 2.2” tire clad vehicles that are box stock thru highly modified. Vehicle must be scale in appearance for rock-race style racing. This class includes rigs running plastic chassis and/or roll cages. Open to any shaft driven, non-moa axle configuration. Single or double solid axle or independent suspension is allowed. Short course style rims are allowed. No Comp, short course, or pin tires allowed. A tire for this class must be a scale tire, either a licensed replica, or a non-licensed replica. It has to look like something you would see on a 1:1 trail, race, or street rig. Wheelbase must not exceed 14.5” and track width must not exceed 13”. Rear steering is allowed.

Trophy 2.2:

This is a builder’s class. This class is for 2.2” tire clad Ultra4 style rigs that are highly modified and highly resemble full size rock race vehicles. This class only includes rigs running full metal roll cages or, a metal upper cage attached to a factory skid plate. Meaning no plastic chassis component allowed except skid plate. You can use a factory skid plate, such as a Wraith, or Wreckluse skid. You could also use the metal portion of an Exo Skid, but not any plastic pieces attached to it. Vehicle must be very scale in appearance. Open to shaft driven, non-moa axle configurations. Single or double solid axle and non-factory independent suspensions (aka hand fab) are allowed. Rim diameter must not exceed 2.2” at any point. Short course style rims are not allowed. Rail style and tube style chassis’ are allowed. Minimum overall chassis height, we are currently researching what this should be, but we came up with 4.5”. Wheelbase must not exceed 14.5” and track width must not exceed 12.5”. Rear steering is allowed. Minimum vehicle weight 8lbs. Cockpit area must have a driver. (Either Lexan driver insert or actual figurine). Since our emphasis is on scale vehicles, terrain, and media, we are going to be strict about this driver requirement in 2.2 Trophy. The biggest change for this series is the helmet requirement and the fact that this will be enforced.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 11-04-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

racing this sat at 12 pm we would love to see you there
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #4

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theaterimage link to pci from race this past Saturday.

Thanks Axial and Pitbull Tires.

Last edited by amainspeedway; 10-29-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: images not working
amainspeedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #5

U4RC / A-MAIN SPEEDWAY REMAINING SCHEDULE.

click on link to see event flyer.

A Main Speedway
amainspeedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The A-Main Speedway Winter Series Schedule.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'll have to try and make it down one day for some U4RC action.

Do I need a front locker, or can I carry some speed over and around the course? I still run mine with a diff.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I would lock it for your vaterra?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

you should bring team pro with you it's fun laid back no drama just fun like the hobby town comps were
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
I'll have to try and make it down one day for some U4RC action.

Do I need a front locker, or can I carry some speed over and around the course? I still run mine with a diff.
For what it's worth, I run my TH unlocked with 500,000 wt in the diff at Glen Helen. Our track has some real tight turns so steering is critical.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
you should bring team pro with you it's fun laid back no drama just fun like the hobby town comps were
Skid and I will make at least one of them. Been a while Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
For what it's worth, I run my TH unlocked with 500,000 wt in the diff at Glen Helen. Our track has some real tight turns so steering is critical.
Thanks Brian. That's what I figured. I think if it was a "slow crawl style event" I would change it out for sure.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

don't forget Colorado U4RC is racing this sat nov 30 at 12 pm
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Is the track open for people to practice?
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

it is open tus -sun 12 to 6!!!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

hmmm... I may have to drive down on sunday. You mean the 8th right? The Hoon TTC got cancelled, so I need something to do.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

racing this sat @12
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

My SRRX isn't ready to race yet, but I'm going to show up and check it out.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

cool stuff like this is never near me Im in Ohio id drive a state around but thats about it

i just built an ultra 4 too its pretty sick

Last edited by Ohioskills; 01-03-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

It was cold...
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

We need video of this snow bashing.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

U4RC A-Main Speedway Series info and update thread. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U4RC Rock Racing Series info and update thread. Rockpiledriver U4RC 296 02-21-2014 03:38 PM
Ultimate4rc(U4RC)/ RCP Crawlers Summer Series Rock Race Round #2 axelsnapr U4RC 12 11-14-2013 01:37 PM
U4RC/RCP/Axial Racing Summer Series Rock Race Finals axelsnapr U4RC 6 10-09-2013 12:08 PM
U4RC/ RCP Crawlers Rock Race Summer Series Round #5 axelsnapr U4RC 3 08-24-2013 11:22 PM
U4RC/RCP Crawlers Rock Race Summer Series Round#4 axelsnapr U4RC 15 07-24-2013 10:25 PM