Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: LCG?’s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2022, 03:44 PM   #1

Default LCG?’s

Is anyone here running an LCG chassis or configuration with the VFD or VFD twin transmission? I have some questions about motor clearances, hoping some folks can chime in.
P-Cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: LCG?’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Cubed View Post
Is anyone here running an LCG chassis or configuration with the VFD or VFD twin transmission? I have some questions about motor clearances, hoping some folks can chime in.
Good ? now that you can buy the VFD Twin separate, I've decided to go that route for a tranny paired with the SSD Diamond Axles. thinking of adding the SSD Portals but Front on both for rear steer, and dig and choosable od.

I think most would be able to work as you can fit the cross bars where you need them to be.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey yall, check the 1.9 section. I have 2 threads, one using the vfd n one using the vfd twin, both in gspeed v3 cf chassis. Dred has a build thread using both trans as well. Iirc fricker n twade do too
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:32 PM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Check out mine here:

B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

VFD w/dig in a Brazin Hilow, and VFD Twin in a Gspeed. Also working on a CCW reaper with Toyzuki FMM and VS410 geometry.

Whatcha need to know?
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I built a Sherpa with a vfd and vanquish d44’s was a super fun rig. Can’t seem to find a pic of the chassis though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #7

Thanks for chiming in folks. Here is the million dollar question. I have. HH Revolver 540 V3 on the way. Does anyone see any issues using this or any other FMM for that matter, where the links/ steering/ or driveshaft may make contact? The majority from what I’ve heard read and watched was that the OG VFD was a tight fit and me throwing in another moving part has me concerned. Furthermore, I have found a pretty good deal on a set of 10.3 (AR45) that have been converted to straight. For my build I’m running 80mm phoenix shocks and want this sucker LOW. I’ll probably also throw some HC links at this thing. Somebody more experienced or with a custom build please chime in.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:49 AM   #8
RCC Addict

The vfd has become a go-to trans for most of us. The motor sits low, if u use the vader skid n drill your mount holes, theres no clearance issues. Ive got 2 vfd n 1 vfd twin builds n they all have plenty of clearance for links n driveshaft movement.

U have any questions, fire away, we're all here to learn somethin new. Tons of awesome people here, ive made alot of great friends here.
Old 03-23-2022, 04:04 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

I agree with Indy. No problems squeezing a VFD in a set of chassis rails. IMO I think the VFD is a perfect match for LCG rails.

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Default LCG?’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Cubed View Post
Thanks for chiming in folks. Here is the million dollar question. I have. HH Revolver 540 V3 on the way. Does anyone see any issues using this or any other FMM for that matter, where the links/ steering/ or driveshaft may make contact? The majority from what I’ve heard read and watched was that the OG VFD was a tight fit and me throwing in another moving part has me concerned. Furthermore, I have found a pretty good deal on a set of 10.3 (AR45) that have been converted to straight. For my build I’m running 80mm phoenix shocks and want this sucker LOW. I’ll probably also throw some HC links at this thing. Somebody more experienced or with a custom build please chime in.
I’m pretty sure I ran a 540 revolver v2 full size in my Sherpa with a vfd trans. With no issues.

Just a heads up, ar45 straight axles are totally different than ar45p or ar45 portal axles. The can’t be converted.
You could use the ring and pinions from the straights to build a set of portals but you would need housings portal boxes all the portal gears stub shafts and axle shafts still along with quite a few more bearings.
Ar45 straights are good axles regardless though

Last edited by Fricker08; 03-23-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:42 PM   #11

The AR 45’s I’m looking at are prebuilt to be straight axles, so not the portal version. I was in a mind to start this build with straight axles but may want to go portal in the future depending on clearances and how the truck performs. Would it be a better idea then to just buy a set of AR44’s to convert later, as well as a different driveshaft set to accommodate? Or, I kinda like the idea of having a set of takeoffs that I can swap between.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
The vfd has become a go-to trans for most of us. The motor sits low, if u use the vader skid n drill your mount holes, theres no clearance issues. Ive got 2 vfd n 1 vfd twin builds n they all have plenty of clearance for links n driveshaft movement.

U have any questions, fire away, we're all here to learn somethin new. Tons of awesome people here, ive made alot of great friends here.
Would you suggest the Vader over a fish? What about the intheworks where the skid is predrilled and has spacers already? I only ask as I don’t trust myself that much to not ruin a $15-30 piece.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #13

Here’s another one for you all. I like the idea of bolt on towers for customizing. When I do finally pick a chassis my plan was to either get one without them “built in” and or drill out the frame to accept aftermarket towers. So probably a carbon/g-10/ or aluminum chassis set or just rails. What would you guys suggest as a good all around chassis, that you have experience with or want to use? Also would it be possible to run portals on a non portal aftermarket chassis or would I have to swap the rails out?
Old 03-23-2022, 03:39 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Ive not run the fish skid, the vader is a flat skid, no raised places on it. Its not bad to drill the mounting hole for the vfd, just make sure its centered front to back. The tcase will b offset a tad on the skid from side to side.

The gspeed chassis has quite a few shock mounting options, not really a need for bolt on towers. If u run portals, id suggest using 80mm shocks, straight axle id use 90mm. The chassis doesnt care portals or straights. My C1 build was goina be portal, but the wheels stuck out to far to pass sorrca rules, so i went straight axle. But my v3 phoenix is runnin the f10 portals. Its all in how u wanna set up your rig my friend
Old 03-23-2022, 11:42 PM   #15

Thanks man. I like the idea of bolt on towers for changing geometry. For example using different towers to achieve a different geometry front to rear or side to side depending on the terrain. I would then have an almost limitless assortment of shock mounting options. So I have 80mm phoenix shocks now. Is there a problem with short shocks on straight axles. I want this thing lower than low. In previous builds I’ve done pen springs, and very short springs on shocks to achieve a more drooped effect. This is what I was going for in buying the shorter shocks. However in this builds I also moved the shocks off of the towers and had them laying down, sorta. I mod the crap out of everything I have regardless of platform.

LCG?’s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCG?’s P-Cubed Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 4 03-28-2022 08:55 AM
LCG vs Clearance Clearance vs LCG Cablman General Crawlers 12 10-14-2020 01:12 PM
?? Hr Lcg Tranny?? ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 12-15-2008 06:25 PM