Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Dravtech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2022, 06:53 PM   #1

Default Dravtech

Got the Incision shocks built for the Pro, and already noticing a smidge of leakage down the rod on one of them - and it seems like a good excuse to give the Dravtech's a try finally.

I'm assuming the 96mm eye-to-eye is the proper choice on the Pro? What springs and oil weight is everyone using for these shocks? Worth adding the 3mm spacer etc?

I also have some new SSD 90mm shocks in the package I may try, but want to give Dravtech a shot after seeing so many folks praising them.

Was also tempted to build some 90mm S8E shocks using the new aluminum parts and hard anodized shock body from Vanquish, but that's pushing a $150 for a set of 4...ouch.
Ty89m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Dravtech

I run dravtech’s on my pro, they’re built with a 6mm spacer under the piston like he shows in the video. Making them ~90mm eye to eye. They’re great, I run dravtech’s on a lot of my rigs. For the pro I run it with soft springs in the front and medium in the rear if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I despise vanquish shocks. I only run dravtechs now, because of their simplicity. I'm sure you can build big bores, or element shocks in a similar way that are just as good... but I've had zero problems with the 4 sets of dravs I've built. Both types of vanquish shocks were garbage.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #4

I appreciate the feedback ya'll, the S8E on the Phoenix seem to be holding oil (for now) but I don't trust the Incisions on the Pro. Def. going to order up the Dravtech's this evening.

Is everyone running them upside down on the VS4-10's?

Edit: ordered a set up with the 1/4" spacers and went mediums for both front/rear as the softs are OOS. Looks like the Losi Mini-T springs work as well, so may order some to try. While I wait, I'll either steal the GTS shocks off one of my TRX-4's, or build the SSD's to see if they hold oil.

Last edited by Ty89m; 05-22-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:03 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
I appreciate the feedback ya'll, the S8E on the Phoenix seem to be holding oil (for now) but I don't trust the Incisions on the Pro. Def. going to order up the Dravtech's this evening.

Is everyone running them upside down on the VS4-10's?

I run them upside down on everything lol
I also modded some s8e’s total length when done is 84mm using dlux zero preload spring buckets and springs. I’m with Dred805, I’ve got at least 6 sets of dravs with zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:47 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

I too run them upside down. They fit better on the PRO if they are upside down. No trimming needed on the stock plastic shock towers and they fit better at the axle.

I did have the Dravtechs on my PRO at first, but ended up switching them out to a set of Traxxas GTS shocks. IMO the Dravtechs work better on lighter rigs. My PRO is a heavy pig!

Now my orange Dravtechs that were on my PRO now live on my GSpeed V3 build. They feel and work so much better on this lighter rig.

Also have a set of Dravtechs on my GSpeed V1-C1.

Name:  IMG_4451 (2).jpg
Views: 583
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5977 (2).jpg
Views: 580
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6392 (2).jpg
Views: 572
Size:  180.2 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:57 AM   #7

I do have a set of GTS shocks laying around I can try - as I have a feeling my Pro will be on the heavier side as well ha!

For those mounting Dravtechs in the upper link mount on axles, do the pivots balls fit? My SSD lower pivots (and the GTS) are far too wide to fit in the upper mount area on the machined axles. I tried swapping the Incision balls into the other shocks, but the ball is smaller in diameter, so have a ton of play. I could grind down the SSD balls and make them fit, or mount like B-MOW71 and mount to link mounts.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
I do have a set of GTS shocks laying around I can try - as I have a feeling my Pro will be on the heavier side as well ha!

For those mounting Dravtechs in the upper link mount on axles, do the pivots balls fit? My SSD lower pivots (and the GTS) are far too wide to fit in the upper mount area on the machined axles. I tried swapping the Incision balls into the other shocks, but the ball is smaller in diameter, so have a ton of play. I could grind down the SSD balls and make them fit, or mount like B-MOW71 and mount to link mounts.
FYI if you do use the GTS shocks. You'll either have to grind some of the plastic in the shock tower so that the spring adjuster will clear or set these shocks up to use Losi Mini-T springs.

As for the pivot balls, I don't believe I have tried others. I mounted my shocks on the link mounts because it was easy to do and it lower the ride height a smidge.

Name:  IMG_2478 (2).jpg
Views: 522
Size:  135.3 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #9

Yup, noticed that this morning while I was installing the front axle. Little Dremel action made quick work of that. GTS shocks seem to be a great solution - though still looking forward to seeing how the Dravtechs work. If I don't end up using them on the Pro, I'll find a use for them eventually

Thanks for all the help!

Dravtech - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dravtech Shocks? cloudswimmer RC4WD Bully 8 12-14-2020 11:18 AM
Dravtech shocks DKOR Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 04-11-2018 10:54 AM