Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New to crawlers and Vanquish got my attention!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2023, 03:53 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to crawlers and Vanquish got my attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I hear ya, I have geared down a 3300 Puller Pro by dropping a few teeth on the pinion but still find it wildly fast.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
I have always liked to have a bit of speed in all my trucks. Typically I aim for a mild jogging pace at top speed. I like to hike with my truck and don't wanna be full throttle at a walking pace.
xwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2023, 01:45 PM   #22

About the HobbyWing Fusiuon 2-in-1 which I just heard about this week, it sounds cool to save money on, and has, maybe, a better water resistance (especially for a crawler), but correct me if I'm wrong here (I'm a newbie with crawlers - still learning this topic) when a brand creates their RCs, they put efforts to make it stable and centered.
How does the car behave\react without having an ESC installed? can it affect the driving experience? the 2300Kv is interesting - I don't want to get too wild as I think I should learn the basics of Crawling before I will take the car to its next level (if there would be a need to do that)
CrAzYoNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 02:09 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

The 2 in 1 Is an amazing system for these trucks, The motor being low down and up front is great for the weight distribution, I haven't but any of my trucks on a scale but I would likely have to believe that with a 2in1 you will have a much more balances weight distribution. A large ESC like the mamba is a great for power but is quite heavy, and likely the Mamba a Puller Pro combo is twice the weight of a Fusion. Very likely you will find that the fusion will provide a smoother and well balanced feel compared to most other set ups.
The 2300kv will be perfect in most situations, they are crazy smooth in the low end and start up throttle, then just enough pep to bump up ledges and short climbs. You will have no complaints going with a fusion. There is a reason I have 6 of them in various trucks. Some being close to 3 years old.
xwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 06:19 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Axial's quality has drastically improved over the past few years, but Vanquish's quality is still significantly better than Axial. Axial has far more aftermarket support but thats largely because the trucks need it.

If you're stuck on straight axles, the only downside to the Fordyce compared to the Phoenix IMO is the sintered one piece ring gear/locker setup. I definitely prefer the standard VFD in the Fordyce to the VFD Twin and the Fordyce body is better looking too (I'm a Jeep guy and not a Toyota fan).

If you're interested in portals, the Carbon kit is nice. Its got the best Vanquish parts but some people dont want to run a flat rail chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It’s nice to see when someone thinks on their own. In my opinion, Axial quality has typically been suspect and I own at least 5 of their vehicles.

The highest quality of any plastic rig I’ve had experience with is the Traxxas TRX-4. That thing is a scale crawler built like a basher. Other rigs do out perform it, but the on the fly 2WD/4WD shifting adds a fun new aspect and challenge. Plus, the TRX-4 aftermarket is second to maybe only Axial. I wish Traxxas offered a straight axle version. Portal axles give you more ground clearance, but gives the truck a higher center of gravity so it’s more prone to tip overs. I prefer straight axles. Your preference may depend on the terrain where you plan to run. Portals will clear more rocks, but climbing hills, and to a greater extent, side hilling will significantly worse than straight axles.

I have two metal Vanquish rigs (Origin and Ultra). I want to buy a Fordcye and would give it a chance. Outside of Vanquish, it’s most likely never going to get the aftermarket support that Axial and Traxxas have. I only know of one person with a Vanquish plastic axle rig and he prefers the TRX-4. I have two TRX-4 and would not hesitate to recommend those.

Unfortunately, you can’t buy a Vanquish kit any longer. They discontinued those.
They discontinued the Pro and Ultra but there are still Phoenix kits and of course the new Carbon.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:51 AM   #25

I do wonder, as I am less familiar with the Vanquish brand (again, I'm new to the Crawlers world..)
Once a specific car brand reaches its EOL, how long should I expect to see available spare\upgrade parts available?
I know that the VS4-10 is now new at all, and Crawlers IMO should stay in good condition most of the time - compared to Bashing when I break part(s) every 2 drives at least
Old 12-16-2023, 07:05 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYoNi View Post
Crawlers IMO should stay in good condition most of the time - compared to Bashing when I break part(s) every 2 drives at least
untill you grind them to dust on the rocks
or they fly off the top of a rock pile 20 ft off the ground

or shredding running gear cause your kinda bound up somewhere

ive seen tires rip and body's tear
one kid bent his plastic axle till it looked like well a bent axle

bent rims and broken shafts

crawlers take a beating ya think hitting a curb at 30 or 40 messes a rig up try hitting terminal velocity falling off a cliff and landing on a rock

it happens
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:51 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYoNi View Post
I do wonder, as I am less familiar with the Vanquish brand (again, I'm new to the Crawlers world..)
Once a specific car brand reaches its EOL, how long should I expect to see available spare\upgrade parts available?
I know that the VS4-10 is now new at all, and Crawlers IMO should stay in good condition most of the time - compared to Bashing when I break part(s) every 2 drives at least

That’s definitely a concern with some brands or models. I wouldn’t worry too much about that with vanquish. Even if they discontinue something, chances are they will have a better option available.

As far as a breakage in general, it really comes down to how often you drive a rig, and how hard you drive it. Some people will find a way to break anything. Myself personally, the only thing I’ve legitimately broken is cheap ecx barrage axle shafts (with big tires and 3s), and an rtr tactic servo or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 10:13 PM   #28
RCC Addict

No worries about parts man, theyll be there. My buddy said today, 'my favorite truck out of all of them, is the one im driving at the time'. N hes right. If it puts a smile on your face n youre havin fun, thats all that matters. Its a toy, it can be fixed. Things are bound to break at some point, u just have to find the limits n learn how far u can push your rig, before u push to far.

My phoenix on the gspeed v3 chassis has takin a beatin. It runs 4s all the time. I can backflip off of trees n rocks easily. After 2 yrs, i shredded the sintered gears in the trans. Recently upgraded them to machined gears. I snapped the front axle from gettin bound up, it didnt looknlike it was, n one wrong turn of the wheel n i heard it pop. 2 months ago, the portal gears exploded in the rear axle, blew the housing apart. 2 yrs ago, right after scale nationals, it took a tumble off a 60ft cliff. Ripped 3 rodends, popped 3 shocks off the top ball, tore the body about an inch, n rock rashed the crap out of a wheel n tore a tire. It just comes back for more. Its my go-to rig, i love this thing!

Heres pics from today. The richard petty truck (on the far left), green VP pro, purple cliffhanger n red n white ford are mine.

U can even check out my youtube if youd like

https://youtube.com/@indybama80?si=RYlpmQ6UgGfF6PiB

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:08 AM   #29

Nice pictures, and nice rigs mate!
What is your YouTube channel? I would like to watch some of your videos over there.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:43 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Just click the link in my last post, itll take to it. Or u can look me up on there indy bama

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote

New to crawlers and Vanquish got my attention! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attention new crawlers and seasoned crawlers CRAWLER-DAD Arizona 0 10-01-2010 10:09 AM
Attention Four Corners Crawlers DwaneO New Mexico 8 11-30-2008 08:07 AM
ATTENTION ALL STL Crawlers Mav-1981 Missouri 2 04-23-2008 05:14 PM
Attention: CT and New England Crawlers! BrandonW Connecticut 85 03-12-2008 05:29 PM
attention central IL crawlers jetboat Illinois 7 04-20-2007 10:40 AM