Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Vanquish VRD Stance RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2024, 09:31 AM   #1

Default Vanquish VRD Stance RTR

It looks like Vanquish took the VRD Carbon kit and used the Stance body, 4.75" VXT2 tires and existing RTR electronics to make the VRD Stance RTR. I really like it in green. Definitely not a cheap crawler at $499.99, but it looks truly RTR depending on your opinion of those electronics. I certainly don't love the servo.

Green: https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vrd-stance-rtr-green/

Silver: https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vrd-stance-rtr-silver/

VRD STANCE RTR
The Vanquish Products VRD Stance RTR is a highly competitive, predictable and versatile performance platform. The heart of the VRD Stance RTR are the stamped aluminum frame rails mated to the 6 degree flat skid plate and VFD transmission. The molded chassis components and skid plate place the VFD transmission as low as possible into the VRD chassis. The front F10 Portal axle is equipped with a servo on axle and 4-link. Front and rear axles include weighted brass tube inserts in addition to the front alloy knuckle weights to keep the center of gravity as low as possible, translating to a high performance driving experience. The Red compound VXT2 tires are supported by 4.75" VTS Stance Dual Stage foams. The Lexan Stance body is competition inspired with its short overhangs and pinched design for maximum tire clearance.

Stamped Aluminum Frame Rails - 6 degree flat skid plate
Stance Pre-Painted Lexan Body
24% Overdrive
F10 Portal Axles
Brass weight tubes in axles
Alloy heavy portal knuckle weights
Front Axle Overdrive Portal gears
Rear Axle Standard Portal Gears
Full Metal Gear Drivetrain
Chromoly Universal axle shafts
Incision S8E Shocks
Stainless Steel Links with Bent rear links
Incision M4 Rod Ends
Stamped Aluminum Rock Sliders
Adjustable multi point body mounting system

Chassis

The Vanquish Products VRD RTR chassis is equipped with all new molded chassis components that provide a tunable platform to adapt to the most demanding terrain. Multiple shock and body mounting positions combined with minimalistic front/rear interchangeable bumpers make body mounting and fitment straight forward. Stamped aluminum rock sliders provide a flat location for electronics and/or battery mounting and are able to support and protect your body.

Drivetrain

The center of the VRD RTR is the VFD transmission. Equipped with a low / forward motor position, sintered metal gears, and ball bearings. The T-Case has a built in 6% overdrive and can be tuned with optional overdrive gear sets and bearing plates.

The Front F10 Portal axle has overdrive portal gears while the Rear F10 portal axle has the standard ratio gears, combined with the VFD overdrive the final overdrive percentage is 24%. Both axles include brass weighted tubes inside in addition to the alloy portal knuckle covers on the front axle. This is the heaviest spec F10 axle yet keeping the center of gravity as low as possible and the weight bias forward.

Suspension

The VRD RTR includes the Incision S8E shocks. Stainless steel upper and lower suspension links connect the chassis to the axles with Incision M4 rod ends. The rear lower links are bent for maximum breakover clearance. Multiple shock mounting locations and tunable shock length allow for a high range of ride height and breakover adjustment.

Electronics

VT-1 Digital 4 Channel Transmitter provides industry leading features and tuning capabilities in an RTR. 15 model memory, multi-channel end point and rate adjustment, digital screen and multi-position switches for the 3rd and 4th channel.
VE-1 ESC is 3S LiPo capable and includes a strong BEC to power servo functions. The built-in jumpers can be moved to adjust LiPo cut-off and drag brake strength. Factory tuned for your VRD Stance RTR. The VE-1 ESC is our version of the Hobbywing 1060, one of the most trusted RTR ESC’s on the market.
VM-1 35T Brushed motor is a closed endbell design tuned for the VRD Stance RTR to provide trail torque with plenty of speed to conquer the roughest terrain with confidence.
VS-1 Metal Gear Servo tackles the steering duty on the VRD Stance RTR with 200oz-in of torque. Ready for all elements the VS-1 Servo is water resistant and durable with its metal gears and 25T output spline for industry standard servo horns. *

Specifications

1/10th Scale
Front Axle Ratio 5.25:1
Rear Axle Ratio 6.25:1
Pinion 15T 32P
Spur 56T 32P
Overall Width Hex to Hex - 200mm (7.87”)
Wheelbase - 322mm (12.67”)
Overall Front Ratio 57.8:1
Overall Rear Ratio 73.4:1
Final Overdrive 24%

Required Items to Complete:

Battery (35mm x 35mm x 100mm Maximum)
Charger

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2024, 10:03 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Vanquish VRD Stance RTR

A few key points to keep in mind compared to the vrd carbon kit

-Aluminum rails instead of carbon
-Basic kit spec vfd (molded motor plate, stand-offs and bearing retainers, 6.5% o/d at the trans)
-24% total o/d
-sintered one-piece ring gear and spool
-VXT2’s with dual stage foams

All in all I think it’s a great release and will be wildly popular

Price wise I think it’s really a good value considering the quality and compared to other offerings available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by twade984; 01-02-2024 at 09:20 PM.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish VRD Stance RTR

I saw this as well, and I can't help but think Vanquish has put all other RTR crawler / trail truck companies on notice. Actually, I think they did that with the Phoenix RTR, and then been steadily pulling ahead ever since.

Pricing is spot-on for that kind of quality.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:28 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks like the first legit rtr comp platform. It's got some of the same shortcomings as most rtrs will have (esc and servo). Including good sticky tires with 2 stage foams is a huge bonus over most offerings.

They are not really comparable, but a newbie who doesn't know might be looking at this vs the ascent, since it kinda looks comp-ish and much cheaper. It might be inserting to see someone run a $500 ascent (dsm chassis, wheels, tires, esc, or whatever you can fit in the budget) against the stance.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:14 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

Axial has a great response option with the Spektrum 2 in 1sitting in their top drawer. Gotta wonder if they will up the ante...

Personally, I am well done with paying for toss away electronics

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 02:18 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I think the kit is the better value due to the upgrades in the transmission and the ring & pinion, but it does seem that more folks prefer RTRs. At least it has a decent tire & wheel setup. Should be a good start for newbies looking to get into competition.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:34 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Bring back the builders bundle!
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:47 AM   #8
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfishjoe View Post
This right here! ^^^^^^^^
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 05:31 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes! I started 2 F10 based builds a few months ago. Figured the builders kit would be the best way to go about it but couldnt find the darn things for sale anywhere. Eventually I started to think I imagined it existing in the first place.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Axial has a great response option with the Spektrum 2 in 1sitting in their top drawer. Gotta wonder if they will up the ante...

Personally, I am well done with paying for toss away electronics
Good point about the Spektrum 2-in-1 motor and ESC combo.

It is frustrating getting crap electronics. The Vanquish electronics are fine, but once you spoil yourself with a good ESC, motor and/or servo then you don't want to run this stuff. Plus, this will be yet another RTR radio on the shelf. It is nice for an RTR radio as I got one with my Fordyce. I'd rather have the VRD Carbon kit myself anyway because of the higher spec components and I love building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I think the kit is the better value due to the upgrades in the transmission and the ring & pinion, but it does seem that more folks prefer RTRs. At least it has a decent tire & wheel setup. Should be a good start for newbies looking to get into competition.
Agreed. The kit offers much more with the carbon rails and lightweight gears. But the tires and dual-stage foams are very nice inclusions for an RTR. Price is pretty fair for a quality RTR in this over-inflated world IMO. You can get this Stance RTR or an Axial CJ-7 or Wrangler with way too much plastic, low quality components everywhere and performance that won't match this truck.

Quote:
This looks like a good one. Odd they killed it, but I think Vanquish found out what other RC companies have found. RTRs sell and kits do not.
Old 01-03-2024, 03:33 PM   #11
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Good point about the Spektrum 2-in-1 motor and ESC combo.

It is frustrating getting crap electronics. The Vanquish electronics are fine, but once you spoil yourself with a good ESC, motor and/or servo then you don't want to run this stuff. Plus, this will be yet another RTR radio on the shelf. It is nice for an RTR radio as I got one with my Fordyce. I'd rather have the VRD Carbon kit myself anyway because of the higher spec components and I love building.

Agreed. The kit offers much more with the carbon rails and lightweight gears. But the tires and dual-stage foams are very nice inclusions for an RTR. Price is pretty fair for a quality RTR in this over-inflated world IMO. You can get this Stance RTR or an Axial CJ-7 or Wrangler with way too much plastic, low quality components everywhere and performance that won't match this truck.

This looks like a good one. Odd they killed it, but I think Vanquish found out what other RC companies have found. RTRs sell and kits do not.
'Kits don't sell' , 'forums are dead' . Yet kits are what I buy and forums are where I go.

smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:36 PM   #12

Quote:
'Kits don't sell' , 'forums are dead' . Yet kits are what I buy and forums are where I go.

We’re in the minority, unfortunately.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:12 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Id rather build a kit any day, than buy an rtr. Thats half the fun, plus, i dont have to tear it apart to swap out to parts i wanted in the first place lol

As for the forums, you cant beat all the info n the great people you meet on there. Ive met so many new friends on here, not so much face to face, but thru text. Just wish the mods how more power to deal with the issues...

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:56 AM   #14
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:

ditto ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 08:57 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Don’t suppose anyone knows the stock weight of this rtr? I’ve watched a bunch of videos but haven’t caught it anywhere yet.
I just want to compare it to my Injora SCX 10 ii lcg carbon kit I just built up that weighs 2.6kg.
Thanks!

Chubby5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:31 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby5000 View Post
Don’t suppose anyone knows the stock weight of this rtr? I’ve watched a bunch of videos but haven’t caught it anywhere yet.
I just want to compare it to my Injora SCX 10 ii lcg carbon kit I just built up that weighs 2.6kg.
Thanks!

Having trouble finding that info but curious as well.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 01:14 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

https://ibb.co/dkjQHTD
Chassis only 1890 gr.

Last edited by themountain; 01-23-2024 at 12:11 AM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 06:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby5000 View Post
Thanks!
I'm surprised the weight isn't on their website. Email Vanquish and ask them. I am sure they will weight it for you and then hopefully Josh will put that on the website for the benefit of all of us.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:11 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

@themountain wow that’s light. With a motor, body, servo and battery it would still be in the low 2kg range.
@JatoTheRipper smart! I’ll do that.

Chubby5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 02:34 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

That's a pretty good weight. Our in-house crawler chassis design gave us a finished running weight of 2098 grams with the 450 battery. I feel anything between 2000 and 2500 works well, as long as the weight is in the right spots.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish VRD Stance RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 95 03-18-2024 06:08 PM
New Vanquish VRD Carbon Sniper4370 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 122 02-26-2024 08:48 AM
Vanquish VTS Stance Dual Stage Foam JatoTheRipper Tires and Wheels 9 12-18-2023 08:04 AM
VRD carbon what length hubs? dmill78 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 3 11-27-2023 06:28 PM