Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

These sure would look good on my Berg

Nice work
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Default Nice Weight Savings

I dont have a pic but my Stock Panther Soft Foam, Stock Panther, VP 1" SLW w/ 725 wide ax10 hub. was 6 oz on a postage scale I have. That shaved 4oz off each wheel resulting in 1lb less weight overall. I am now running sub 5lbs.

Thanks VP these rims kick a** and are takin names.
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #45
RCC Addict

I got mine and mounted up Panthers with Losi grey foam on one pair and white Rovers with Losi grey foam on the other pair. These will be my rear rims with others for my front rims.

Why did VP switch to metric screws on the beadlocks?
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #46

tom, these wheels mounted up so easy. went black w/ silver beadlocks.
silver hubs tie it all together. i like how you guys your logo on the rings. very nice indeed , thanx
rubberguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:48 AM   #47
RCC Addict

I did get my VP SLW's (1" wide version) with 350 spacers all mounted. I mounted a pair of new Panthers and a pair of white Rovers, both with stock Losi grey foams. I will be running these in the rear and have a set of different rims I will be running in the front.

Here is a pic of why I want/need aluminum rims....

and from the hex side.....

The cool thing is the VP SLW's are less than .5 ounces heavier per wheel than the stock Losi plastic rims. You can get super narrow, too, if you want (see below).

Here is a stock Losi rim, outside of beadlock to outside of beadlock, with thin Axial hexes (about 9 1/8") on the back of my Losi axles.

Here is the VP SLW with .350 adapters. You can go down to a .225 spacer, effectively narrowing by about 1/4" overall. Right now they are at about 8 5/8". The fronts hit the knuckle with the Axial thin hexes, but with stock Losi hexes, there is just enough clearance (less than 1 mm). Hope this is not too narrow, but we will see. This width will be run in the back with standard Axial offset wheels in front.

Here is a pic of the rims with the Panthers mounted up. I do like them, usual VP quality. Though I am a bit confused as to why they went with metric beadlock screws and standard spacer screws....just stick with standard screws like the VP DH Pro's I have.

Here is the rear width with the Panthers all mounted up (under 9 3/4").
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #48
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
I got mine and mounted up Panthers with Losi grey foam on one pair and white Rovers with Losi grey foam on the other pair. These will be my rear rims with others for my front rims.

Why did VP switch to metric screws on the beadlocks?
We have been asked a couple times by the bigger hobby stores and distributors to run metric if possible since the cars are built metric.

We prefer english unf spec, most of what we run in our machine shop is english, hardware is much more readily available in any size, type or qty in english as well. and i personally like the thread pitches english threads offer in these sizes much better.

i was taking my losi crawler apart and was suprised to see the links use a odd english thread 5-40 pitch, i have almost never seen that thread used ever. but they did... shrug must have been the best fit for the job for them.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
We have been asked a couple times by the bigger hobby stores and distributors to run metric if possible since the cars are built metric.

We prefer english unf spec, most of what we run in our machine shop is english, hardware is much more readily available in any size, type or qty in english as well. and i personally like the thread pitches english threads offer in these sizes much better.

i was taking my losi crawler apart and was suprised to see the links use a odd english thread 5-40 pitch, i have almost never seen that thread used ever. but they did... shrug must have been the best fit for the job for them.

i ordered the slw´s because the metric screws
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #50
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Here is a stock Losi rim, outside of beadlock to outside of beadlock, with thin Axial hexes (about 9 1/8") on the back of my Losi axles.

Here is the VP SLW with .350 adapters. You can go down to a .225 spacer, effectively narrowing by about 1/4" overall. Right now they are at about 8 5/8". The fronts hit the knuckle with the Axial thin hexes, but with stock Losi hexes, there is just enough clearance (less than 1 mm). Hope this is not too narrow, but we will see. This width will be run in the back with standard Axial offset wheels in front.
This is what I was wanting to hear.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

What is up with the ones shipping without the groove cut in the spokes..
that what gives them that cool VP look...
if its a design change, then its a poor desicion.. IMO
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

pm Tom or Jim ? i personally think it might look good!
cascade crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Just a heads up and possible suggestion but you may want to sell the smallest 5mm nylox nuts and a special wrench because I just bought a couple of these to lighten up my rear and was disappointed when I had to have a friend grind down the outside of a 5mm wrench and go find some small OD 5mm nylox to use these on my new Berg V'2s.

Dont get me wrong I love your products and will still be running my DH Pro Comps in the front with SLW in the rear. But for the new berg axles you may consider checking into possible solutions around this issue. The only other insight I can provide is making an even wider offset if possible.

I also know that quite a few people are starting to run the 5mm equipment that Super Dave and LetsHandleit are making so I would think it would be an issue for any of those users also.

Keep making great products and I will continue to buy.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Hey Tom, i am running an ax10 with your zero ackermann knuckles.. I'd like to purchase the 1" wides but need a recommendation on what offset hubs (475?).
I plan on running rovers and would like to keep the track width as narrow as possible.

Thanks, Shay
crawlaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #55
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlaholic View Post
Hey Tom, i am running an ax10 with your zero ackermann knuckles.. I'd like to purchase the 1" wides but need a recommendation on what offset hubs (475?).
I plan on running rovers and would like to keep the track width as narrow as possible.

Thanks, Shay
http://site.vanquishproducts.com/vp-...zero_acker.JPG
Old 09-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

The picture lists it as 425 hubs? Are those available or should it be 475's?

Shay
Old 09-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #57
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlaholic View Post
The picture lists it as 425 hubs? Are those available or should it be 475's?

Shay
yea, was a spelling error those were 475's, all fixxed now. thanks for pointing that out.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Yep, thanks Tom
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Got my SLW's today and my new berg is being built around these wheels!! Awesome work and thanks for all the info at the worlds! You guys drilling vents in these or snipping holes in tires?
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Default .

Holes in the tires
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote