Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vanquish Products

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Axel Housing problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #1

Default Vanquish Axel Housing problem

There is a mount, not sure what it is called, but it attaches to 3 different things. This mount goes behind the axel housing, and both shocks/link attaches to it from the very back of it.

There are a pair of screws that go in front of the Axel Housing and attaches this mount from behind. The mount Axial part number is AX80070.

I bought a Vanquish axel housing for the front of my Wraith and Vanquish VVD heavy duty universal axels.

The problem I am having is that, with the universal axels placed all the way into the housing I CANNOT use both screws on that mount (AX80070), because the universal axel (rod) is too thick and will not fit between the two screws. This happens on both of those mounts (right and left).

What should I do at this point? On both sides I left the top screw off, and I might have to plug it somehow.

Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do?
Madkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vanquish Axel Housing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkiki View Post
There is a mount, not sure what it is called, but it attaches to 3 different things. This mount goes behind the axel housing, and both shocks/link attaches to it from the very back of it.

There are a pair of screws that go in front of the Axel Housing and attaches this mount from behind. The mount Axial part number is AX80070.

I bought a Vanquish axel housing for the front of my Wraith and Vanquish VVD heavy duty universal axels.

The problem I am having is that, with the universal axels placed all the way into the housing I CANNOT use both screws on that mount (AX80070), because the universal axel (rod) is too thick and will not fit between the two screws. This happens on both of those mounts (right and left).

What should I do at this point? On both sides I left the top screw off, and I might have to plug it somehow.

Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do?
I have not experienced this my self. The mount is the shock mount I know that much. I hope you get this figured out as I am wanting to get into this wet up soon, and now I am a bit worried.
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
www.team3sixrc.com

Is the axle shaft already installed?
Becsuse I never had that issue at all.
Doesnt matter what link/shock mount is installed, the screws are at the same span.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The axleshaft has to be installed before both of the shock/link mount bolts can go in. Thats how mine were because the Vp shafts are a larger diameter
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #5

Are the screws too long? Maybe you can use shorter screws so they don't touch the axle.
merlin3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Turn the axles to pull the bolt in, spin it around some to mark the screws where axle rubs. Take them out and dremel the threads off in that section and you should be good to go.
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

All 3 sets I have are extremely close and have small rub mark on the shafts. I put the shafts in, put both screws in with the shock/links mounts NOT flush against the axle then just tighten alternating top to bottom sucking it in . Snug fit but worth they extra strength. None of the shafts feel like they have any resistence once installed either so they are good. Hope this helps
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

i have the same problem but only on the long side,the short side is fine.the Axial universal shafts have a small groove in them for the link/shock screws to fit.

but since the VP axle shafts are thick enough i might just make a small groove(they dont need much)for the screws to fit threw,like they should.
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Wouldn't it be wiser to groove the screws?
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

You can groove them if you want, I just ran mine. The shaft shows a ring, but no damage was done to the shaft. The pot metal screws "grooved" themselves.

you can see the ring it left here:

ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
Yashua

Could'nt you tap the holes in the housing since it is alloy for a 4mm screw, then use short 4mm button head screws to hold the mounts on or even countersink the holes in the mounts and use flat head screws? That way the screws would no longer go all the way through the housing.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

i just put the screw back in and drove it around for a few minutes and it wore down just enough to get rid of the binding.problem solved..
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #13

Cool Re: Vanquish Axel Housing problem

Having same problem, after assembling short side axles turn tight. But reading the info may have found the solutions .will try.
nitrostud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
RCC Addict

using a dremel, couldnt you just knock off the tip of the screw to allow for the space between the two necassary.
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish Axel Housing problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish aluminum tranny housing Bajacaat Axial SCX-10 23 06-24-2013 08:13 PM
axel problem.mrc pro geotracker7000 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 01-13-2012 06:09 PM
axel problem chinkychink HPI Wheely King 4 10-15-2008 02:32 PM
Looking for CNC'd axel housing Eviltwin_52s Newbie General 1 07-08-2006 05:39 PM