Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: new to me ascender need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default new to me ascender need help

alright ladies and gentlemen ,i traded an scx10 for an ascender recently the truck came with a mmp and a roc412 3100kv . the pinion and spur are stock ,can someone shed some light on why i have no wheel speed with this high of a kv motor ? Also does anyone know the difference on the gearing between the two trucks ?
I realize im comparing it to sensorless systems (castle mmp or sv3 with a 3300kv or 3800kv ) the club im apart of does alot more trail riding, muddy hill climbs ,and only alittle bit of actual rock crawling . the motor and speed controller are extremely smooth . But somethings you just need more wheel speed any help is greatly appricaited
fullsizecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #2

Default Re: new to me ascender need help

One thing I have noticed about the ascender is you have to gear it up to get good wheel speed out of it. I run a 35t motor and a 3s lipo in my scx10 with good wheel speed. If I run this same set up in the ascender I noticed a lot less wheel speed. I went from the stock 14 tooth pinion up to a 20 tooth pinion. just remember to keep an eye on motor and esc temps when changing the gearing.
ON THE ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default new to me ascender need help

Try re-binding the ESC. I'm running the ROC 412 3100 with MMP in mine (for now) on 2s with the 2-speed and otherwise stock gearing, and it's got plenty of wheel speed. I run that motor in 3 other rigs on 3s, and it's a beast. I actually plan to replace it with a slower brushed setup in my Ascender.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

new to me ascender need help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ascender adonis_mp Vaterra Ascender 5 03-17-2015 09:32 PM
My ascender Fatman489 Vaterra Ascender 2 01-26-2015 05:29 PM