Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: New SSD Brass Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 02:44 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: New SSD Brass Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS70 View Post
I just installed these today on my k10 along with the SSD chubs. I swapped over the two insert spacers from each factory knuckle. However when I tighten down the upper and lower screws, there is still a small amount of movement of the knuckle. As if the screws bottom out before securing the knuckle. Is this normal? Am I missing something? The knuckles have a machined area for the head of the screw, but it’s not setting down in it, before tightening.
I have the same issue with my non weighted ssd knuckles and c-hubs. Got the same answer from ssd as well. My vaterra aluminum knuckles and hubs don’t have any play....🤔.... the ssd ones haven’t caused any problems other than driving my nuts that I paid good money for a sloppy product and got a snotty reply when I called them out on it. The “clearance” ssd is talking about is just a engineering mistake they don’t want to admit in my book.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2018, 06:06 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just installed these today on my k10 along with the SSD chubs. I swapped over the two insert spacers from each factory knuckle. However when I tighten down the upper and lower screws, there is still a small amount of movement of the knuckle. As if the screws bottom out before securing the knuckle. Is this normal? Am I missing something? The knuckles have a machined area for the head of the screw, but it’s not setting down in it, before tightening.
I added washers to take up the slop. Keeps the knuckle from moving up and down - works fine, just a little fiddly getting it in there.

SSD, I've been looking for another set of these, they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Hopefully they are not discontinued?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Ok, thanks guys for the replies. I also think imo there should be zero slop. However I suppose it’s not like a full size truck, where it would be all over the road with slop like that! I may try the washer too, I’ll see how much it bothers me. At least it does add some good weight, looking forward to trying it out.
DMS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok, thanks guys for the replies. I also think imo there should be zero slop. However I suppose it’s not like a full size truck, where it would be all over the road with slop like that! I may try the washer too, I’ll see how much it bothers me. At least it does add some good weight, looking forward to trying it out.
Yeah, it bothers me that the stock plastic ones have zero slop and these have tons.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
I have the same issue with my non weighted ssd knuckles and c-hubs. Got the same answer from ssd as well. My vaterra aluminum knuckles and hubs don’t have any play....🤔.... the ssd ones haven’t caused any problems other than driving my nuts that I paid good money for a sloppy product and got a snotty reply when I called them out on it. The “clearance” ssd is talking about is just a engineering mistake they don’t want to admit in my book.

Ben
I know Vaterra aluminum c-hubs, knuckles, and brass paintable brake rotor weights are more expensive, but they fit great just like the stock plastic setup and look very scale once painted.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I know Vaterra aluminum c-hubs, knuckles, and brass paintable brake rotor weights are more expensive, but they fit great just like the stock plastic setup and look very scale once painted.
Yes they are expensive, but fit great. Price was the reason I didn’t go with them on the k10. I do have them on the Blazer though. I also added the Vanquish vvd’s, seeing that I had it all apart.
DMS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

These have been out of stock everywhere for quite a while now... Discontinued?
Old 07-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #28

will the brass knuckles fit on the stock stuff? or do I need to change all at once? Really trying to add weight without switching everything out at once.

thanks
TEANINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:17 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Yes, fits on with no other upgrades needed.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone know if these are made with tighter tolerances now, or are they still oversized?

SSD Must have stopped checking this forum.

Last edited by THX_138; 12-22-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote

New SSD Brass Knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing Brass Knuckles and SSD Brass Weights compatibility saddlesore Axial SCX10 II 5 07-15-2017 04:27 PM
scx10ii brass knuckles steven318is Axial SCX10 II 7 06-23-2017 02:00 PM