Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Yet another toy with pic heavy..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yet another toy with pic heavy..

Not much to say that hasn't been, except showing pictures of the rims, the beads are exact size holes for Axial brand rims which is a plus, I removed the fugly battery tray, the electronics will be switched when I get what I ordered, Since the place I rock crawl at are terrified the 2 speed trans gives advantage they outs the idea with it unless you stick to one speed, but they did not understand it also outs Tf2 and summit builds which had came to crawl all last year. But I also wanted to put some baja claws on it, my Uncles race vw version of this exact style of rig, so should be fun. To dos I need to buy a futaba receiver, wait for the 2nd screw bag for my vanquish rims to show up, paint the metal panels to hide the electronics, create a dead switch plug because running it this way makes it almost as hard as switching battery's on a exo, the front will be locked, finish the metal plate for the bottom to front to get rid of the lip. last of all to add is a leather/mesh cover for top upper, also a exo radiator with new lower links

and if your like me in alot of post... look at pictures then Read ! here you go.

the lip

Upgraded Mrc shocks with rc4wd king black and blue springs with 2 drops of 15wt oil and a 5mm spacer below the top to keep it up

might keep these rims for the deep channel for solder weight prevented though same as the tires.. oh also tires are smooth inside making them little easier to mod inside to soften or stiffen, they also have the other lugs of the losi boss claw which brings to mind if they will be adopted as a scale tire being treads close to a flat iron but slightly wider.

2x of these can fix easly they are what I use in my traxxas 1/16 cars and trucks and trust thunderpower even when they get hot from no air flow, and abuse when you program the esc to pull to much out.

the battery tray removed and first scale point.. its from a baja vw duratrax r2r evader style 2wd truck, I am going to try to get the vw motor to also slap on the rear end of it.

Last edited by Absurd; 02-18-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Yet another toy with pic heavy.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I might as well have one too (pic heavy!) CAPCbass Axial Wraith 23 08-16-2013 01:04 AM
spruce xj****pic heavy***** dodgesavageone 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 07-31-2011 05:35 PM
My First Super... Pic heavy Chris_The_Battery_Man Tamiya Clod Buster 24 12-31-2006 11:23 AM