Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Vaterra twin hammers 1.9 truck?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vaterra twin hammers 1.9 truck?

I am not new to crawling but have never bought a truck with a 2-speed transmission. Anyway I am looking into buying this RTR, can anyone give me advice about this new brand. Does this truck need many upgrades? Is the stock electronics powerful enough? Is it waterproof? (electronics, bushings, ect.). Can I put a Traxxas Velenion brushless waterproof set-up in the vaterra?
Thank you for help, if anyone could help I would appreciate it.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vaterra twin hammers 1.9 truck?

We have a whole section dedicated to this rig http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/. Please review it and I guarantee any and all questions will be answered. IMO the rig is not bad for a beginner, keep the stock electronics in this case, be prepared you will probably have to replace the shift servo but over all the truck is a strong start. If you buy a green star you can view the for sale section and around 1 to 3 have been listed weekly there for sale in the classifieds.

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hey thanks, I will go to the forums you told me to me to review it. yeah, I might consider buying but I talk about that on the other forums. And hey nice picture you got set as your username. Lol
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
RCC Addict

yup there's a section on it.. but... here's my opinion...

i have 6 rigs including my T.H, have 2 crawlers, 1/16th grave digger 4wd, hpi savage nitro 4wd, traxxas slash 2wd with vxl velineon brushless and my twin hammers.... so out of my arsenal i wanted a 4wd go fast rig that was electric... yes i have my savage and its stupid fast but its nitro and can be a pain in the ass to get fired up and stuff so i went shopping with some of my tax return...

picked the twin hammers because its awesome, got to drive one at the hobby shop and fell in love and had everything i wanted so i bought one.. no you wont have to upgrade anything right away if you dont want to, some people have problems with the shift servo but if you treat them right you wont have a problem.. mine is completely stock, jumped it off a 4ft rockwall an hour after i got it home and it did just fine..

my twin hammers will do 4wd donuts on dry pavement in stock form. i have a slash with velineon system that i want to swap into the T.H.. now nothing is ever fully "waterproof" even if plasti dipped and stuff.... the stock electronics in the TH are waterproof to a point, i've ripped through wet grass and few puddles but it wont ever see a 4inch deep puddle. velineon systems dont like water, my friend had one and cooked it because of water... it is water "resistant" meaning it can handle water splashes from puddles and rain and stuff but not submerged..

it depends on the type of rig you want it for.. go take a look in the twin hammers section and decide from there.. hope this info helps!!
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Hey, thank you for helping, Is it ok if I put a tekin 13.5 turn in this truck maybe with a mmp and would it handle that much power? I may consider buying this truck as long as it worth it as you sed it is. Thany you for helping, and is this fully waterproof? I was told it is but I want to double check before I go through water and mud. Thank you
Old 05-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

im sure it would handle the power..

like i said before no electronics are fully waterproof, there is always the chance of them getting wet and frying.. puddles and stuff mine has been fine.. like if your hauling ass across your yard and see a puddle thats 3ft across and 2inches deep then just go through it but if your wanting to submerge it in water then you should look into the waterproofing techniques on the forum..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the help, I would try to get a mamba monster if I can afford it, or just go with a velineon system, but I have a new tekin 13.5 turn motor sitting on my parts wall ready to use just need to get a good esc for it or maybe do a homemade waterproofing on a mamba max. so you sed if I just drive it through light water puddles it will not hurt it? if so I think I made my decision, but the only thing is I have wait to order it, but thank you for helping
Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have a vxl setup in my hammer and I've gone thru deep water without a problem.. Hell I have a vxl motor and mamba max pro esc in my honcho and submarine it all the time
tmaxxdout is offline   Reply With Quote

Vaterra twin hammers 1.9 truck? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new vaterra twin hammers troypusich Newbie General 8 07-28-2013 01:01 AM
Jami's Vaterra Twin Hammers jami_p Vaterra Twin Hammers 29 02-26-2013 06:19 PM