Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Itching for upright shock and steering mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 04:17 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Itching for upright shock and steering mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
Have a feeling if you measure from center to center off both links they are the same or very close and could be exactly the same if adjusted. I believe the turnbuckles not being the same from the left side to the right side is what you are seeing. If you look at the right side the threads go almost up to the adjuster flats. Then on the left they are much further away from the adjuster flats.
Now that you say that and I look closer, I realize exactly what you are talking about because the two links are different. I can't believe that I didn't even notice that when I was adjusting them. I would have definitely noticed it had I been the one who assembled them but oh well. I guess the guy that assembled it had the links out of whack to begin with but I didn't pull them apart to check them because everything was straight when I got it. I am thinking that maybe the link to the rack wasn't adjusted properly and he had adjusted the links to the knuckles in order to correct it. I may just go ahead and replace them because they are soft and starting to round off anyways so I can make sure that I have some good Traxxas links that are the same length.
gillbily23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Itching for upright shock and steering mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irie Products Twin Hammer ball bearing steering & upright shock tower Sr.Irie Chassis and Suspension 48 03-05-2018 11:14 AM
Homemade front upright shock mount? T I N Y Vaterra Twin Hammers 12 01-29-2015 06:11 PM
Steering help with upright shocks Hyde Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 01-09-2015 11:58 PM
Upright front shock Q rcflyer40plus1 Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 01-06-2015 09:39 PM