Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Scale Shock Options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Scale Shock Options?

Has anyone found any rad looking scale shocks, that look great, are durable and perform well?

I can find good looking shocks, but not ones that are durable and perform well. By scale, I'm referring to an internally sprung shock or a really nice looking coil-over. Something you'd see on a real Ultra 4 rig. By durable, I mean I can fill them with oil, and drive the vehicle for at least a few months without having to remove them for service.

Pro-Line's Powerstrokes are an example of great durability and performance, but not scale looks. The RC4WD shocks I've tried (King 100mm coil-overs) look pretty darn good, and performed well but lacked durability.

Anyone found the top dog of scale shocks? My guess is that I'Il just have to wait a bit for the market to produce something that checks all of the boxes, but maybe you guys have found some shocks I haven't seen yet. Are the RC4WD King coil-overs the best thing available?
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scale Shock Options?

Gmade rsd shocks look the part:

The jury is still out on reliability, but so far so good for me. I've re-valved mine to give proper damping with 30wt oil and two stage action. The stock 2 hole pistons don't give enough damping force for 'go fast' driving.
Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scale Shock Options?

Thanks! Those RSD shocks do look nice, and the price looks good too.

It looks like I'll have to wait until they produce a set long enough for the rear, as I'd want a matched set for front and rear as my front shocks are visible via the GCM shock tower.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Scale Shock Options? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shock options? Crutch RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 06-11-2015 10:27 AM
Any other shock options? Mr Hyde Axial Yeti 15 11-14-2014 07:08 PM
shock options mallcrawler24 Axial SCX-10 16 01-29-2014 03:24 PM
Shock options? (or M3 ball for stock shock cap?) T3rry Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 01-07-2014 09:08 AM