Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Integy piggyback shock set - any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy piggyback shock set - any good?

Hey all,

I am putting together lists of parts to begin my TH crawler build, and am currently sorting out my suspension plans. I've looked at all the upright options, and while they are obviously a better choice as far as performance goes, I really like the look of the cantilever setup and so plan to stick with it.

My intention is to keep two full sets of shock in my kit to swap them out. One soft for crawling, and one more firm for Ultra4 style racing.

Looking around, it doesn't seem like there are many options for direct replacement upgrades. I found the integy full replacement kit (below) and have not been able to find anyone talking about them in a good or bad way.

Anyone have any experience with these? Depending on how soft they are, they will run either racing or crawling duty. If they are too stiff, I plan to get the Vaterra aluminum threaded bodies with soft springs and light oil in fron, and medium springs and medium oil in the back.

https://www.amazon.com/Integy-C26736...a+Twin+Hammers

I am also considering doing the mod that moved the cantilever mount points back so you can run 75mm shock up front, which will open up my options a lot I think.

Thanks all!
Damatheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Integy piggyback shock set - any good?

Well after reading some reviews on Integy products overall, I think I will steer clear of their shocks. Not much positive out there about these guys, shame cause they are very nice looking.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've bought and used the boom racing piggyback shock set , there really good and look very scale and aluminium construction not bad price either !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

What is wrong with the stock shocks?

I once won a set of those resivour Boom racing shocks. The inside of the bodies were not exactly smooth, and there was a lot of friction between the piston and shock body.
Couldn't get rid of them quick enough.

The only real upgrade a TH needs is the Sr Erie bellcrank conversion. His top plate does move the shock mount back. You can keep the stock shocks and adjust the pushrod length to compensate. You won't gain any travel with the longer shocks, there are too many other limitations in the front suspension.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Like I said I've never had any trouble at all from them, I liked the look and they were reasonably priced .
They also come with loads of spares !
This is a spare pair I have which I haven't used yet but they look pretty smooth inside to me !

Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Inside

Old 04-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Maybe quality control has improved? My set was a year ago.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
What is wrong with the stock shocks?

I once won a set of those resivour Boom racing shocks. The inside of the bodies were not exactly smooth, and there was a lot of friction between the piston and shock body.
Couldn't get rid of them quick enough.

The only real upgrade a TH needs is the Sr Erie bellcrank conversion. His top plate does move the shock mount back. You can keep the stock shocks and adjust the pushrod length to compensate. You won't gain any travel with the longer shocks, there are too many other limitations in the front suspension.
I don't think anything is wrong with the stock shocks, other than they don't quite match what I want to do with the truck. And always vlike to upgrade things, and I figure there are aftermarket shocks that are better quality.

I do plan on doing the bell crank upgrade as soon as I am done moving across the world.

Sent from my SBM303SH using Tapatalk

Integy piggyback shock set - any good? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integy MSR11 Rock Crawler Shock Set 128mm Silver SamC25 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 01-06-2011 01:34 PM
Integy Alloy Shock Set Blue Tamiya CR01 ???? marres Tamiya CR-01 9 01-08-2010 08:50 AM
Integy piggyback shock foam hawnmt General Crawlers 1 08-04-2007 02:01 AM