Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: Cheapbatterypacks.com feedback Q&A thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
That I couldnt tell ya without knowing your average amp draw.... what are you using right now?
right now, i am in the search for battery packs. it is for the vintage trans-am series. it's a "spec" class where you run a 27T motor and 4 cell packs with a 4600maH limit...

oh, and thanks for all the geat input so far...
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

I love dealing with you guys Chris! You're the only vendor I've ever seen that replies to my e-mails at 9pm. Too Cool!!!! Great products, great service! I'm a customer for life.
Hotrodvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Chris you guys went above and beyone the limits of customer service !

i just ordered 2 lipo packs and a charger and i picked the wrong balancing plug and chris called my house asking me if i was sure about the plug i needed.not many at all will go that far.

you guys answered all my questions. top shelf service , nothing but the best here guys !
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #64
1*

Chris -- I've got to hand it to you for some fast-azz service. I ordered 2 brick packs Friday morning and they were in my mailbox Monday. I don't know how you do it but keep it up!
rcr3fan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

ok, another questions, sorry...better safe then sorry.

im charging on my elite 5i bc and if i understood correctly i should not let the voltage go past 8.4 v for a 2 cell lipo ? correct ?

also what are you setting the temp probe cut off at for a 4800 25c ?

thanks.

Last edited by twisted; 07-22-2008 at 02:57 PM.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Default feedback

great customer service and great guys to deal with. Thanks for the fast shipping.

Thanks
chad
YAKIMA RC RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
ok, another questions, sorry...better safe then sorry.

im charging on my elite 5i bc and if i understood correctly i should not let the voltage go past 8.4 v for a 2 cell lipo ? correct ?

also what are you setting the temp probe cut off at for a 4800 25c ?

thanks.
I dont use it honestly. Maybe 18 degrees...? The charger will stop the cells at 4.2v per cell if you set it right. Its a pretty smart charger though so you shouldnt have issues.

STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER:

The Elite 4000's should be fine for you.
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I've ordered six custom battery packs (all as individual orders) from "Chris the Battery man" over the last 2 years. Every one was correct when it arrived and was at my door only days after I ordered. I also like the fact that Chris is active member on the RCC and is very visible answering questions and sharing his knowledge. I appreciate his outstanding customer service and that's what makes me a repeat customer. Thanks Chris
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation Question

Chris. I have a question for you. This maybe obvious to everyone else (seems like a lot of stuff in this hobby is...) but...

I have a standard 3600 Mah Venom stick pack. I purchased this about a year ago for my RC-10. This is the first battery I have purchased for a RC car in 15 years. I was blown away by the run time. Even with my modified motor I had huge run times. Now I have my AX10 and I desperately want to run saddle packs. When I look up saddle packs all I ever find from anyone is 2/3a 1500 mah saddle packs. Why are the saddle packs so much smaller? How much will this effect my run time. At this time I can't afford to go to Lipo.

Misc, information
Rig: AX10 Scorpion
Motor: Novak 55T
ESC: Rooster CE
Pinion 14
Spur: 87
Servo: Hytec 645mg
Radio: Magnum 2PL
WyldWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

With the higher torque motor and gearing, you will get MUCH more run time out of your battery. I get about 45 minutes off of my scaler with a similar setup.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldWeazel View Post
Chris. I have a question for you. This maybe obvious to everyone else (seems like a lot of stuff in this hobby is...) but...

I have a standard 3600 Mah Venom stick pack. I purchased this about a year ago for my RC-10. This is the first battery I have purchased for a RC car in 15 years. I was blown away by the run time. Even with my modified motor I had huge run times. Now I have my AX10 and I desperately want to run saddle packs. When I look up saddle packs all I ever find from anyone is 2/3a 1500 mah saddle packs. Why are the saddle packs so much smaller? How much will this effect my run time. At this time I can't afford to go to Lipo.

Misc, information
Rig: AX10 Scorpion
Motor: Novak 55T
ESC: Rooster CE
Pinion 14
Spur: 87
Servo: Hytec 645mg
Radio: Magnum 2PL

Well first things first, as I say to alot of people... "Dont go lipo for the sake of going lipo" I don't use lipo in my crawlers because A: My truck works better with the extra weight of Nimh. B: I can keep the CG lower because there are more config options with Nimh. The 1500mah 2/3A cells are great and the largest true capacity cells in 2/3A. Below is a link to a thread I wrote up. Hope it helps.

And on the RC-10... Just see how much fun a True rated 3600mah pack would be. The venoms tend to be way over rated like alot of other battery places out there. You would pry notice a big defference in a true rated pack

A few Crawler battery buying tips
Old 07-28-2008, 02:22 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Default Thanks.

Thank you. You have a PM.

Quote:
Well first things first, as I say to alot of people... "Dont go lipo for the sake of going lipo" I don't use lipo in my crawlers because A: My truck works better with the extra weight of Nimh. B: I can keep the CG lower because there are more config options with Nimh. The 1500mah 2/3A cells are great and the largest true capacity cells in 2/3A. Below is a link to a thread I wrote up. Hope it helps.

And on the RC-10... Just see how much fun a True rated 3600mah pack would be. The venoms tend to be way over rated like alot of other battery places out there. You would pry notice a big defference in a true rated pack

Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #73
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I've ordered 6 packs from CBP in the past 6 months and each pack has been a high quality item. Soldering is solid, shrinkwrap is perfect, shipping is fast, etc.

I highly recommend CBP to anyone looking for new packs.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Default ok buddy... :)

Quote:

Well, I ordered what you suggested. I was amazed at how much less space they take up then my 3600 packs. I especially appreciate that I no longer have tire rubbing. Unfortunately I had to get ready for a long vacation weekend, (Needed to figure out how to smuggle my crawler) so I only had a minute to try them out. Looks pretty good so far.

Question: How many amps should I charge the 1500 mah elites 2/3a? I just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.

To the rest of the crawling community. CPB's service was outstanding... and I had my order in 4 business days. How can you beat that with a stick. Thank you for everything.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

I'M looking to get a pack for my Slash,which i plan to run pretty much the stock motor/esc ...i was thinking either a (7.2) 6 cell 4000 mah elite pack or(8.4) 7 cell 4000 mah elite....would those be good choices for the slash ?...also do i need to do the batt. bar upgrade ??.... and is 14 ga. wire ok ?...thanks for the help...i know that was a ton of noob questions

Last edited by TIMZKRAWLER; 08-01-2008 at 12:17 AM.
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldWeazel View Post
Well, I ordered what you suggested. I was amazed at how much less space they take up then my 3600 packs. I especially appreciate that I no longer have tire rubbing. Unfortunately I had to get ready for a long vacation weekend, (Needed to figure out how to smuggle my crawler) so I only had a minute to try them out. Looks pretty good so far.

Question: How many amps should I charge the 1500 mah elites 2/3a? I just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.

To the rest of the crawling community. CPB's service was outstanding... and I had my order in 4 business days. How can you beat that with a stick. Thank you for everything.

No more than 2 amps and you should be fine...

TIMZKRAWLER:

Either one would be good... it just depends on how fast you want it to go...
Old 08-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Should i do the battery bar upgrade on a 7 cell pack for a stock slash ?? ...and if i decide to go with a brushless set up (sidewinder/4600kv,if it matters)should i go with the upgrade then ?? thanks for the help
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

The upgrade option is always a must for any 10th scale car....
Old 08-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Just ordered my first saddle pack from CBP.com. Can't wait to get it in my crawler!!!
trailduster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Got my pack in the mail today!!!

Talk about a fast turn around!!

Will charge it up tonight and see how she does.

Great service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trailduster79 is offline   Reply With Quote