Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: alternatives to stock shocks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Yeah racing shocks are very nice shocks. You canalso get them in just about any size you want. I run them on a couple rigs and will probably end up with them on my creeper as well. You can get them all day long on ebay for cheap.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I am using 3racing shocks. They are for the axial but they work great on the creeper!
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

You should play around with your shocks and change the shock oil in them. change the shock piston to a 2 or 3 hole, you would be suprised how well your stock shocks can perform if you just put time into them, different shock oil would stiffen or loosen them up, pistion holes would increse or decrese responce time, springs are for your recoil.

Just buying new shocks wont do much besides look good. thats not a bad thing eaither.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
You should play around with your shocks and change the shock oil in them. change the shock piston to a 2 or 3 hole, you would be suprised how well your stock shocks can perform if you just put time into them, different shock oil would stiffen or loosen them up, pistion holes would increse or decrese responce time, springs are for your recoil.

Just buying new shocks wont do much besides look good. thats not a bad thing eaither.
That is the best answer I've ever read here. Do you you know where to get the part you mention.

I bought mine used and have no idea how it is setup. I know it has to much torque twist though. What wheight oil do you recommend, as That will be the first thing I will be changing as well as getting rid of the batt tray.

Thanks
muddertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Im not sure what weight oil comes stock. or what size the pistons are but here is a link to some AE pistons

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2602&P=7

and shock oil can range from 10w up to ???? weight, 10 would be the softest and 50 would be thicker oil and ect.....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ARCH=shock+oil

Spring sets can range too, just lookem up.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote