RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Venom Creeper (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/)
-   -   Finally got it mostly together! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/302088-finally-got-mostly-together.html)

bluenosegoat 07-17-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo303d (Post 3190367)
I had the same problem need that ground signal wire and it stoped glitching you run a futaba radio?

No I am just using a cheap gt2 (I think) radio from hobby partz.com. Strange though I didnt have any glitching issues until I installed the fxr and motor. Just glad to have the problem resolved and ready for a real servo!:)

jojo303d 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenosegoat (Post 3190407)
No I am just using a cheap gt2 (I think) radio from hobby partz.com. Strange though I didnt have any glitching issues until I installed the fxr and motor. Just glad to have the problem resolved and ready for a real servo!:)

NICE I HAVE A FXR ALSO A HOLMES HOBBIES 45T HAND WOUND AND 7950 HI TECH SERVO AND NOW MINE IS FIXED ALSO. GLAD TO HEAR ITS WORKIN FOR YA"thumbsup"

bluenosegoat 07-27-2011 09:09 AM

Got my "new to me" servo in, a Hitec 7955tg, and wow what a difference! So much easier to make the hard lines when you can turn your wheels about anytime you choose. I have to get some more video of newly conquered rocks- some crazy vert. Having quality electronics is making a huge difference. The fxr provides excellent throttle control and brakes and the hitec servo is just plain awesome for 50 bucks, thanks drexl (forum member). I do believe I'm ready for my first comp!
Off to Colorado now for some high country fun! and to escape the Az heat!

jojo303d 07-27-2011 12:17 PM

When and where you comming to Co lomos are always going on

bluenosegoat 07-28-2011 08:43 AM

I am originaly from Evergreen and I'm coming up tonight for a week"thumbsup". See some buddys from Platte Canyon High and do some camping! I'm not bringing my crawler this time though :( But I'll be back up before the end of August and I just might look you up for some crawling jojo! (maybe save thomas a trip to the PO for a chassis?)lol

bluenosegoat 08-13-2011 02:44 PM

Meet another guy from PARC yesterday, Rick. Had a good time crawling once again at Papago park. I took a little video clip of a line that was really hard. Ricks berg had to use brute power to get up but I finally made it creepin! The new servo makes a world of difference!
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YetpIZROxCM?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

remmuh 08-13-2011 04:48 PM

Wow, nice driving! Do you use any weight in your wheels?

bluenosegoat 08-13-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmuh (Post 3231002)
Wow, nice driving! Do you use any weight in your wheels?

My wheels are weighted. I use lead strips wraped around the inside of the wheel. Each wheel and tire's total weight is a touch over 11oz so a total of about 22oz including the wheels and tires and foams.I run no weight in the rears because I run a large battery in the rear- a 2200mah 3s but I think I have the weight bias dialed in. I'm keeping up with the Moa's except for the downhills, maybe not as graceful but still pullin the lines- I need a dig unit......

bluenosegoat 08-24-2011 12:52 PM

Got my alluminum rod ends from RC4WD after breaking three lower rear's last time out! I had to switch back to stock links since mine were #8 all thread. I used oven cleaner to remove the red anodizing but left them soaking for to long! Started to pit the metal- quick trip to the wire wheel on the bench grinder and they look okay but most importantly no breakage yesterday! I took a couple vid clips yesterday and just thought I'd share.

The jeep at the end is my CK turning into a scaler- needs lots of work but its fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1asz9O6Q28

CREEPERBOB 08-24-2011 05:42 PM

GREAT VIDEO "thumbsup", MAN THESE CREEPERS ARE SURE A BLAST TO DRIVE. YOU SEEM TO HAVE IT WORKING REAL GOOD FOR YOU. I WANT TO CHECK OUT PAPAGO PARK SOMETIME MYSELF. I REALLY LIKE NORTH MOUNTAIN PARK HERE IN CASA GRANDE, WE GO UP THERE QUITE A BIT.
SURE WILL BE GLAD WHEN FALL WEATHER STARTS.

remmuh 08-24-2011 07:28 PM

Nice driving! What cleaner did you use to remove the red?

bluenosegoat 08-24-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmuh (Post 3247361)
Nice driving! What cleaner did you use to remove the red?

Thanks! I just used regular oven cleaner- I've used it before on cylinder heads I've had anodized to clean spots for ground- it works good but like I just learned dont let it soak for to long! If I had done that to a cylinder head I would be super pissed!

bluenosegoat 08-24-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 3247210)
GREAT VIDEO "thumbsup", MAN THESE CREEPERS ARE SURE A BLAST TO DRIVE. YOU SEEM TO HAVE IT WORKING REAL GOOD FOR YOU. I WANT TO CHECK OUT PAPAGO PARK SOMETIME MYSELF. I REALLY LIKE NORTH MOUNTAIN PARK HERE IN CASA GRANDE, WE GO UP THERE QUITE A BIT.
SURE WILL BE GLAD WHEN FALL WEATHER STARTS.

Ya summer has been here long enough to say the least! Still hitting the rocks though- just at the crack of dawn! I hope once the weather gets better to meet up with you and your wife. I am so anxious to see your vultures and XR's in action. Got a buddy hooked now too with a losi comp so we will all have to hook up, under better than 112+ days! lol

I've been meeting a few guys up here that are members with PARC out at Papago- a bunch of great guys to say the least. Die hards still come out in the az summer heat! I'm sure to get involved in some comps this coming season. Not to mention casa grande is not that much further for us than Hells Wash.

bluenosegoat 09-21-2011 07:13 PM

Took a little video on the last outing. Check it out! Bummer You tube disabled my tunes though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVAQF8ZfN4

I still cant figure out what I'm doing wrong with the embed from You Tube?

viper6171 09-21-2011 08:31 PM

nice crawl goat "thumbsup"

CREEPERBOB 09-30-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenosegoat (Post 3290292)
Took a little video on the last outing. Check it out! Bummer You tube disabled my tunes though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVAQF8ZfN4

I still cant figure out what I'm doing wrong with the embed from You Tube?

ANOTHER GOOD VIDEO "thumbsup", I NEED TO GET A VIDEO CAMERA :cry:.
DID YA GET YOUR NEW CHASSIS YET?

bluenosegoat 10-01-2011 02:33 PM

I was hoping to find the chassis in the mail box when I got home this morning, but not yet. Maybe latter today it will come? I hope so! Went up to Mt Ord again for the past two days. Great weather and found some really fun rocks in the washes to play on. Really nice to be in the trees where you can crawl in shade instead of the barren desert. I will post some video of the trip soon and hope to get some video of the new chassis's performance.

CREEPERBOB 10-01-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenosegoat (Post 3307159)
i was hoping to find the chassis in the mail box when i got home this morning, but not yet. Maybe latter today it will come? I hope so! Went up to mt ord again for the past two days. Great weather and found some really fun rocks in the washes to play on. Really nice to be in the trees where you can crawl in shade instead of the barren desert. I will post some video of the trip soon and hope to get some video of the new chassis's performance.

don't know why it has'nt arrived yet, been 4 days , hell ya only live an hour away.

bluenosegoat 10-01-2011 09:43 PM

Got the chassis today, thanks alot Creeperbob! Should have it together and ready to test out in a few days. I love the way the vultures look!

I also put a quick video together. The washes at Mt Ord are a ton of fun and its nice to be in pines trees only 45mins from home.

http://youtu.be/poR5VjmXMSA

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 3307163)
don't know why it has'nt arrived yet, been 4 days , hell ya only live an hour away.

bluenosegoat 10-02-2011 07:18 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Got the chassis on today. I am liking the way the truck looks and cant wait to get it out on the rocks. I used stock lower links for the rear uppers and had to shorten up some old rear lowers I had made for the front uppers but all seems to be working good on the bench. My only concern is I'm going to have to be more careful when the truck tumbles with the steering servo so exposed and the same with the rear shocks. Might just be my imagination but the trucks overall weight seems to be a bit less. Also plan to take all the anodizing off and do some trim work on the BTL plate since I dont run my battery up front and it gets caught up on the rocks at times, but makes a convienent place to experiment with weight.