Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: prozac0107's aircraft carrier creeper build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
hmmmmmmm....now ya got me thinkin steam punk.
Oh man, the xrv2 chassis would be a perfect platform for a crazy, mean looking steampunk theme. I did'nt think of that. That would be cool.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Default Re: prozac0107's aircraft carrier creeper build!

whats a steampunk anyways?
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #43

Quote:
hmmmmmmm....now ya got me thinkin steam punk.
I just recently figured out what that was and i think that stuff is cool! i decided not to go with the copper panel or any for that matter, cuz when i started drawing i came up with a full chassis not just a cab for the stock one, but i think that you could come up with some cool ideas for that steam punk stuff im excited to see what you come up with!
prozac0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I might do the steam punk just as a show piece considering that a body panel set up done like that would not hold up well or preform very well but it would be sick. Gears...clock works...tubes....wires, pipes and gotta have some accent lights for kicks.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #45

Quote:
I might do the steam punk just as a show piece considering that a body panel set up done like that would not hold up well or preform very well but it would be sick. Gears...clock works...tubes....wires, pipes and gotta have some accent lights for kicks.
go with it man i would love to see what you could come up with!

so i got my chassis done tonite. turned out ok i wish i had took more time to line out the holes more evenly but i was too excited to see the end product plus i dont plan on staying with this design unless it performs well. i had to do this the old fashoned way with drill and a arsenal of files. i am happy with it for about 5hrs of work. gonna build it tomorrow!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

That's a sweet lookin chassis Zack, can't wait to see ur build with it! That's gotta be nice have a shop at hand to work with! I work at a weld shop in the winter that I can use... But..... The boss got in a little trouble with drinkin an well I can't go there for a while unless its at night..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #47

so i got it built with the new chassis. seems to react and flex like the stock chassis but i fifgured it would cuz its about the same geometry. but it looks 100% better. now its really killing me that i cant drive it!

Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Chassis looks good zach, rides pretty high, maybe lay ur shocks down some? It will help with ur cog an articulation. Tires are looking good, they aught to bite petty good once you use them.. how long are you out on the ship for? How long till you see land?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Chassis is'nt too bad design wise. Fabrication on it is great. I think the shock mounting position are throwing it off for me though. I think it would look better if the front was lower than the rear giving it a different/meaner stance.

Also, gotta agree with winner...rigs sitting too high. Maybe internally limit the shocks, not sure you'll get it low enough with just changing shock mounting position.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #50

i am gonna switch to some shorter shocks once i get home, then i will be able to tinker with it more cuz i will be able to test out the changes i am making to it. only a six weeks to go!
things i am gonna do when i get home:
1. crawl,crawl,crawl and then crawl some more
2.drink a cold one
3.F@#% the mrs.
in that order too! is that wrong?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac0107 View Post
i am gonna switch to some shorter shocks once i get home, then i will be able to tinker with it more cuz i will be able to test out the changes i am making to it. only a six weeks to go!
things i am gonna do when i get home:
1. crawl,crawl,crawl and then crawl some more
2.drink a cold one
3.F@#% the mrs.
in that order too! is that wrong?
Lol, not wrong but I don't like crawling that much...haha
I'd do..
#2 again while doing #1...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #52

haha! yeah that order does sound a bit better now that i think about it!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I dunno guys, I pass up 3 to do 1(or at least when I'm working on it at night) an only do 2 an 3 with the Mrs, so I do a lot of 1... Lol boy I do a lot of 1! I think you will end up running ur first list once you get home an see rock!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Chassis looks good zach, rides pretty high, maybe lay ur shocks down some? It will help with ur cog an articulation. Tires are looking good, they aught to bite petty good once you use them.. how long are you out on the ship for? How long till you see land?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Chassis is'nt too bad design wise. Fabrication on it is great. I think the shock mounting position are throwing it off for me though. I think it would look better if the front was lower than the rear giving it a different/meaner stance.

Also, gotta agree with winner...rigs sitting too high. Maybe internally limit the shocks, not sure you'll get it low enough with just changing shock mounting position.
i thought it looked high too so i took your guys advise and i put some spacers in the shocksi also moved the positioning of the shocks around and here is how it sits!i think i will take the shock ball out cuz it sits a little low (i think) it only has 2.5" of ground clearance. do you guys think it is fine or i should raise it up a bit?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Looks much better for cog an to the eye.. I only ran 2 inches when I started an now still 3- 3 1/4 at ride height. It should work for ya, but yeah take the ball out. It won't change ur ride height enough to tell but it will give you twice that in articulation.. I don't think ur chassis looks as small any more either. It had to have been the ride height of it... Great work done!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

looks much better now man and i have a ride height of 2 inches and mine goes anywhere just about i point it to
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #57

so still no deans plugs so i got impatient and decided to use some banana plugs temporarily. so i had a guy who solders avionics gear for f18s solder everything up it looked good and so when i went to hook a batt up and... smoke(a little tiny bit) and heat instantly. i unplugged it imediately i looked at the banana plugs and what do you know the plug on the esc was soldered the same as on the batt and with this style of plug they have to be opposite, well i was so excited that i didnt notice this and the batt was plugged in backwards.

i flipped the plug and hooked it back up fxr comes on but... it flashes a code on the leds here is a rough decription

.=LED OFF
I=LED ON

[..II..]twice fast, [I..I.I]twice fast, pause, [I..I.I]three times fast, [...I..]steady on for a sec then i flashes quikly to [I.....] imediately back to [...I..] and then it keeps doing the last thing 4th led to 1st over and over and over.

i try to press the INCR button for 3 sec to do the self test and it doesnt do anything! i think its fried but i dont know for sure! i cant find a description for this trouble code anywhere. sorry if this is confusing way to describe this but i really need some help please someone tell its not fried!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

You have to press Mode and Incr at the same time for 3 seconds to self test.
Try that and report back.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

That chassis looks great! Nice work!
remmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
You have to press Mode and Incr at the same time for 3 seconds to self test.
Try that and report back.
i tried that and it blinked all of them with a audible tone a few times then the fourth one by it self a few times then the last one and it just kept going til i turned it off! but it would do this last night when i would hold just the mode button down by itself! im not doubting you but the manual says hold down the INCR button for self test and it doesnt do any thing so when i hold both down and it reacts the same as just holding down the MODE button that makes me think that maybe the INCR button is messed up or doesnt work! idk thats just a theory but this is depressing! is there a tekin fxr specific thread somewhere on here!

prozac0107's aircraft carrier creeper build! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Adventures - PARK FLYIN' - 10 Aircraft RCSPARKS Non Crawler RC's 0 10-01-2010 10:12 PM
Aircraft Enthusiasts 4VRYNG Chit Chat 12 03-06-2010 07:47 PM
Military Aircraft CreepyCrawl Chit Chat 41 10-28-2009 07:58 PM
Good RC aircraft forum? Spucknit Non Crawler RC's 5 02-01-2009 03:51 PM
Awesome RC aircraft Tonsa Chit Chat 4 07-08-2006 11:03 PM